Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Im assuming a main character would be in the shadows, and one they havent shown since Flying 6 meeting.

Her, Caribou, another character they are planning on introducing, a very long shot Drake
It would be cool if Hiyori picked up Ame No Habakiri and came to Onigashima. If this bastard Orochi is alive then it would be a perfect poetic ending with Hiyori slicing him with Ame No Habakiri.

It would be cool if Hiyori picked up Ame No Habakiri and came to Onigashima. If this bastard Orochi is alive then it would be a perfect poetic ending with Hiyori slicing him with Ame No Habakiri.
That's a possibility, gotta think waaaaay outside the box on these ones, I think Orochi will go back to Ringo and try to kidnap Hiyori.

He has 0 role in the war now that everyone has turned on him

Seth

โ€Ž
That's a possibility, gotta think waaaaay outside the box on these ones, I think Orochi will go back to Ringo and try to kidnap Hiyori.

He has 0 role in the war now that everyone has turned on him
Yeah, true + I'm behind the idea of staying alive.

I have a very weird comparison of the statements between HxH and One Piece for this one.

Dunno if you read HxH so I may spoil you but screw this. Gon access the way to turn on the Radio which will say what's the deal with his mother. Gon turns off the Radio at this moment and this was a clear statement from Togashi that she is not important and the case is closed.

For me, Oda did the same kind of statement with Kaido slicing Orochi's head + Scabbards saying ( I don't remember who exactly said this ) that Kaido was always the one who needs to be taken down for the sake of Wano.

For me, Oda made it clear. Orochi is irrelevant. Kaido is the big deal.

I don't give a fuck about Orochi as much as I don't give a fuck about Big Mom. They both should die.

Yeah, true + I'm behind the idea of staying alive.

I have a very weird comparison of the statements between HxH and One Piece for this one.

Dunno if you read HxH so I may spoil you but screw this. Gon access the way to turn on the Radio which will say what's the deal with his mother. Gon turns off the Radio at this moment and this was a clear statement from Togashi that she is not important and the case is closed.

For me, Oda did the same kind of statement with Kaido slicing Orochi's head + Scabbards saying ( I don't remember who exactly said this ) that Kaido was always the one who needs to be taken down for the sake of Wano.

For me, Oda made it clear. Orochi is irrelevant. Kaido is the big deal.

I don't give a fuck about Orochi as much as I don't give a fuck about Big Mom. They both should die.
I liked the part where Kaido sliced Orochi, and everyone was with Kaido so if Orochi comes back to life he isnt going to do anything big, which was my favorite plot twist so far.

Im waiting to see what Franky and Brook will do, but them all running into big mom isnt a coincidence, for some reason i see them all joining and fighting BM at the same time. Robin, Jimbe, Sanji, Zoro, are there and im sure Usopp and Chopper are somewhere near by

Seth

โ€Ž
Im waiting to see what Franky and Brook will do, but them all running into big mom isnt a coincidence, for some reason i see them all joining and fighting BM at the same time. Robin, Jimbe, Sanji, Zoro, are there and im sure Usopp and Chopper are somewhere near by
Did you saw the new opening?

It may hint on the idea of Straw Hats vs Big Mom.

That's where I got the idea from, it makes pretty logical sense, Scabbards get destroyed by Kaido while SHs take out BM and then move one to Kaido next

Still have Law, Kid, Killer, Marco and Perospero in the picture too, along with BM pirates (they have BMs vivre card yet still dont know where to go) LOL

I liked the part where Kaido sliced Orochi, and everyone was with Kaido so if Orochi comes back to life he isnt going to do anything big, which was my favorite plot twist so far.

Straw hats vs Big Mom would be cool as fuck :steef:

djiayebee

โ˜† ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ ๐”ป๐•’๐••๐••๐•ช โ˜†
โ€Ž
About Yamato, from what I read in the last couple of pages, i think what most of you guys are forgetting is that she spent ~20 years of her life pretty much alone, with the only thought of carrying Oden's will in order to survive...

Imo while it may have started as fanboying when she was young (dont most kids want to become like their superhero?), it eventually became the only thing she could hold on for so long. Fastforward to last chapter, she JUST learnt that the scabbards and Momo are alive, so her whole world must be falling apart. I think she cant process straight the situation, and is just confused af about who she is supposed to be now.

Yes it sounds stupid for her to call Momo her child but what, you guys think she can just instantly drop her roleplay only coz Luffy said it's weird? Nah, she needs an electroshock like Momo and the scabbards themselves telling her to fuck off

About Yamato, from what I read in the last couple of pages, i think what most of you guys are forgetting is that she spent ~20 years of her life pretty much alone, with the only thought of carrying Oden's will in order to survive...

Imo while it may have started as fanboying when she was young (dont most kids want to become like their superhero?), it eventually became the only thing she could hold on for so long. Fastforward to last chapter, she JUST learnt that the scabbards and Momo are alive, so her whole world must be falling apart. I think she cant process straight the situation, and is just confused af about who she is supposed to be now.

Yes it sounds stupid for her to call Momo her child but what, you guys think she can just instantly drop her roleplay only coz Luffy said it's weird? Nah, she needs an electroshock like Momo and the scabbards themselves telling her to fuck off
They could have easily made her a role where she just wants to destroy her father and help free the people of Wano, and no be an Oden 2.0

BangOO๐Ÿ…

Pepebusi Spammer
โ€Ž

Black Maria might be the one care for her secretly.
im not talking about she is her mother(hell no).

djiayebee

โ˜† ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ ๐”ป๐•’๐••๐••๐•ช โ˜†
โ€Ž
They could have easily made her a role where she just wants to destroy her father and help free the people of Wano, and no be an Oden 2.0
Possibly but we didn't see her flashback, we still dunno why Kaido refers to her as "son", there could be some more reasons Oda choose to go that way

Status
Not open for further replies.