Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeutralWatcher

Looks like Sulong muskeeters and guardians vs Jack

Shinobu is brave to free Momonosuke with King and Queen are around. King and Queen might have bad CoO not to notice her presence. I think King notices her when he looks at her.

Sanji vs King is hype. This is a good panel of Sanji vs King.

Sanji looks amazing here giving thumb up to Momonosuke after praising here.

This is the best Sanji's panel so far.

King impales Sanji because he has tha t opportunity when Sanji grabs Momonosuke is nothing to be ashamed about. If Sanji survives, it would hype RS Sanji even more.

It's normal that hero struggle first against opponent who is way above him/her and later evolves mid fight and finally match his/her opponent so Sanji doesn't look bad here.

Yamato vs Ulti still continue and looks like Yamato doesn;t take Ulti seriously. Yamato is looking away while Ulti is o her knee looking pissed lol.

BM disrespects need to stop. Now Brook and Franky humiliate her. When BM would fight another top tier like Kaido, I think Oda would give BM the respect she deserves again.

Sanji going on a hunt for hookers in the middle of a war with two Yonko?
I meant "Oda saw the criticism" part. Was this a made a big deal? I guess, I too had issues with it and also when Tsuru was being forcibly taken away to brothel and luffy was wondering if it was Sanji. This is not really something which should be implied about one of the good characters espcially when this is a kids show too(well sanji being introduced as gentleman was thrown into trashcan long time back, but those instances were pretty bad and unneecssary).

The title should be "Kept You Waiting, Huh?" <SolidSnakeEmoji>

The Minks kept Kaido waiting.
Sanji kept Momo waiting.
Franky kept Nami/BigMom waiting.
Oda kept us waiting.

Also it sounds like the chapter's title as a response to us readers waiting for a new chapter.

- The Minks' Sulong looks aggressive. This should a damage or two to Kaido. If not, at least I hope to see Jack bleeds.
- Sanji looks like is gonna be trouble. Is he really capable to match King?
- Welp, sounds like Nami and Zeus relationship has come to an end.
- Franky's entrance is classy. Running his special motorcycle over Big Mom's face is sweet hilarious. Hope she got hurt.
- Nami calling Franky "Big Bro" is quite an interesting catch.

Looks like Sulong muskeeters and guardians vs Jack

Shinobu is brave to free Momonosuke with King and Queen are around. King and Queen might have bad CoO not to notice her presence. I think King notices her when he looks at her.

Sanji vs King is hype. This is a good panel of Sanji vs King.

Sanji looks amazing here giving thumb up to Momonosuke after praising here.

This is the best Sanji's panel so far.

King impales Sanji because he has tha t opportunity when Sanji grabs Momonosuke is nothing to be ashamed about. If Sanji survives, it would hype RS Sanji even more.

It's normal that hero struggle first against opponent who is way above him/her and later evolves mid fight and finally match his/her opponent so Sanji doesn't look bad here.

Yamato vs Ulti still continue and looks like Yamato doesn;t take Ulti seriously. Yamato is looking away while Ulti is o her knee looking pissed lol.

BM disrespects need to stop. Now Brook and Franky humiliate her. When BM would fight another top tier like Kaido, I think Oda would give BM the respect she deserves again.
The interesting part that you didn't mentionned is that Jack said that Sulong don't last. How did he knew - during the 3 days fight ? - and it's sad for the minks but it means they will soon do a kamikaze attack

Another good chapter. Shame about these breaks though, nothing to be done about them but they're really killing the flow here.

Anyway, bit dissapointed that after the way last chapter ended we aren't seeing Inu and Neko go Su Long yet. TBH, I don't really care about the other Minks much. The Numbers do indeed just seem to be glorified fodder that exist to expand Kaido's backstory and be defeated by people Oda isn't going to give real fights to. So in this case, we'll probably see them and the Minks go to and fro, the Minks beat No 7 then hybrid Jack solo them to hype Jack up.

Redemption for Sanji! Wonder if Oda saw the criticism of the hooker escapades and changed it up for this. Despite what I'm sure will be greeted with cries of bias, I still don't think Sanji will beat King. I'm reminded very much of the Tea Party with this chapter with all the fights being "set-up." I think we'll see a decent amount of teasing for fights only for the final ones to be in place when Luffy is ready to take on Kaido. There's still a lot of absent figures in the current setup, the fights won't be ready to take place until all are in place. The only way I could see Sanji vs King go ahead would be if it's a real 5 vs 1 between Kaido and Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Law and Marco with that being all the four later characters do, and I find that rather unlikely.

I find it interesting that all the Calamities are now split up- time for Who's Who and his grudge to come into play, I would think.

Yamato is a fucking weirdo.

Franky and Brook on a motorbike smashing right into Big Mom without a care in the world may be one of the best things Oda has ever drawn. Wonder if it's enough to get a return to O-Lin- Brachio Bike, Brachio Bomber relation?
You’re giving Oda far too less credit.

The Sanji bit was a classic misdirection that many people accurately predicted.

The fact that people actually believed he would show up with prostitutes proved that it was effective

Status
Not open for further replies.