Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeutralWatcher

The interesting part that you didn't mentionned is that Jack said that Sulong don't last. How did he knew - during the 3 days fight ? - and it's sad for the minks but it means they will soon do a kamikaze attack
Yeah you're right I forgot lol seems Jack is not that dumb. Very interesting. Maybe Jack fought mink before.

He looked suicidal when he tried to rescue Doflamingo with admiral FUjitora, Sengoku and Tsuru around but this chapter Oda fleshes out his intelligence lol.

Yeah you're right I forgot lol seems Jack is not that dumb. Very interesting. Maybe Jack fought mink before.

He looked suicidal when he tried to rescue Doflamingo with admiral FUjitora, Sengoku and Tsuru around but this chapter Oda fleshes out his intelligence lol.
Agree, intelligence was the first word that came out for him this chapter and it's uncommon given how low IQ he looks and the vibes he usually gives.
Especially when King was praising him and doing a criticism about queen's character, which is indeed odd for a YC.

I think this kick from King is a not the same as the first.

Here Sanji is blocking King with his knee and there's black lightning, effect of CoA clash.

Sanji blocked the first attack with his foot while still invisible.[/QUOTE]
Tbh the only thing that i see is that King has a very nice design, even better than kata, while queen looks so meh
Post automatically merged:

What a monster King

He has yet show off his swordsman skill, awakening and hybrid form
You forgot this, king.

The weakest Onigashima chapter as of now.

It doesn't really seem like anything important happened.

Jack arrived at the rooftop and the minks were about to go into sulong form (we didn't even see one full trasformation, let alone Inu or Neko). Well, this could've been done on less panels to be honest.

Same with the Momonosuke rescue. A lot of pages for that, when you could've set it up in 2 pages easily. This was the one thing that moved the plot though, Momonosuke is free now.

The BM scene was ... unnecessary. What did it actually do to advance the plot? Nothing. Just several pages to use her as a gag in the end again.

So in the end we got a whole chapter for basically two very small plot advancements: Jack getting ready to fight and Momo being freed.

That's meh.

2/5 chapter

It was embarassing to see Sanji asking for King's pity

The most embarassing moment in manga history honestly

I just hope that Oda will stop this, and spare the man's dignity for what is left to spare
I'll repeat what I said in spoiler thread... Sanji was making sarcasm the same way Kizaru/Marco did with the whole "I'm getting hurt...liar" clash....
Next chapter when you see Sanji is fine, you all will realize that too... It is even hinted in King's tone... cause in both translations thus far, in the translation in spoiler and this early scans we have those lines:

First translation:
- Sanji: Oi Oi Oi, you'll make a big hole in my stomach, stop it bird...etc etc
- King: Even if there is NO HOLE... just disappear
- Sanji: It's just visual disappearance

It seems to me in this translation that King aknowledges that it's NOT PENETRATING Sanji, and that Sanji's words about getting a hole is just a bluff... Even Sanji continues with the whole "just visual disappearance" and take it easy on me kind of sarcastic attitude...

Second translation is the scans, early scans:

- Sanji: Oi Oi, you'll blow a hole in my stomach, I will die...etc

- King: huh, blow a hole? how about I split you into two, disappear and escape

- Sanji: just visual disappearance

In this translation again, King with the whole "huh, blow a hole?" also feels like a hole is not really at all what's going on, so he gets serious more and say "how about I split you into two"

Again, this is what I think honestly.... I'll be waiting for two things to confirm it:
- Official translation
- Next chapter or the next time we see Sanji/King....

I even made a bet about it with @Fenaker
Would be awesome if you joined us on this bet of how much damage Sanji has gotten from this attack LOL
The spoilers this week were mostly so fake; No the executives of the Dukes aren't taking Jack nor did Inu or Neko....
No, Sanji didn't fought well against King at least for now, it was totally one sided.
It was one block from Sanji + one attack from King... saying it was onesided is a bit of a stretch LOL
people think that doing well against a superior fighter (for the time being) will mean that you're not getting touched, and you scold them

All the SHs here are the underdogs against their potential match ups.... When Luffy faces Kaido, he will be the underdog... same with Zoro with whoever he faces, same for Sanji, same for everyone... Oda has to give them an extreme diff fight, where they EVOLVE mid-fight to beat the opponent... otherwise, TWO YONKO aren't even enough to kill the SH crew boredom!

Sanji always knows the best things to say :sweat:

For real, I also like the fact that Oda clarified from Sanji's sentence that he was WATCHING THE WHOLE TIME... and waiting for the right opportunity... because he didn't just arrive at last second... cause that would mean, he DID INDEED went on looking for prostitutes, but he arrived here last second

But him saying "You declaring your name was amazing" means he went for Stealth Black mission the whole time, and he was here watching and waiting for the right moment to interfere

Status
Not open for further replies.