Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not a fan of the literal translation. A lot of context missing here. Chapter was good nonetheless, as there were some pretty cool moments.

Sanji's got some pretty big balls to ignore King like that, but it was great to see that he stuck to his priorities of saving Momonosuke over focusing on the enemy at hand. Just goes to show that when it comes to saving the crew and allies, Sanji will always be Oda's go to guy, because he gets the job done. I'm wondering where Oda sent Sanji and King, but it seems like he's splitting up the Beast Pirates. What if they landed where Zoro is, and perhaps Oda's flashback is a clue of what's to come.

Now we just have to see what Oda has in store to keep Big Mom and Queen busy so Luffy and go and join the fight against Kaido, as he make it clear that that is where he wants to be at the moment. I have a feeling Marco, Perospero and the Kid Pirates are going to play a role in keeping them busy so Luffy can make his way to Kaido. The Minks will only be able to hold out for as long as Sulong form last, so they're going to be needing a hand soon. Maybe we'll get Luffy vs Jack before his inevitable clash with Kaido as well.

Loved the ending with Franky and Brooke. Glad to see Oda giving the Mid trio some shine. It was was definitely interesting to see that Zues actually wants to be with Nami over Big Mom. Unfortunately I don't see there being a way for her to keep him permanently cause Big Mom can make him disappear whenever she so chooses. All in all great setup chapter. Hopefully in two weeks the fun really begins.

F

Fallen Prince

Definitely not a fan of the literal translation. A lot of context missing here. Chapter was good nonetheless, as there were some pretty cool moments.

Sanji's got some pretty big balls to ignore King like that, but it was great to see that he stuck to his priorities of saving Momonosuke over focusing on the enemy at hand. Just goes to show that when it comes to saving the crew and allies, Sanji will always be Oda's go to guy, because he gets the job done. I'm wondering where Oda sent Sanji and King, but it seems like he's splitting up the Beast Pirates. What if they landed where Zoro is, and perhaps Oda's flashback is a clue of what's to come.

Now we just have to see what Oda has in store to keep Big Mom and Queen busy so Luffy and go and join the fight against Kaido, as he make it clear that that is where he wants to be at the moment. I have a feeling Marco, Perospero and the Kid Pirates are going to play a role in keeping them busy so Luffy can make his way to Kaido. The Minks will only be able to hold out for as long as Sulong form last, so they're going to be needing a hand soon. Maybe we'll get Luffy vs Jack before his inevitable clash with Kaido as well.

Loved the ending with Franky and Brooke. Glad to see Oda giving the Mid trio some shine. It was was definitely interesting to see that Zues actually wants to be with Nami over Big Mom. Unfortunately I don't see there being a way for her to keep him permanently cause Big Mom can make him disappear whenever she so chooses. All in all great setup chapter. Hopefully in two weeks the fun really begins.
Same place where marco and pero entered .

We might have marco and king aerial battle .

Few things:
  • Why can't King and Queen detect Sanji? Why can't BM detect Franky and Brook?
  • So Luffy commanded Yamato and the latter obeyed?
  • The only SH not in the stage is Zoro?
  • Now that the samurai knows BM power, I'm interested how will they react once Nami successfully steal Zeus, Prome and Nap head on...
  • Brook did it again... What does that imply? BM never learn? Brook more confident now?

N

NeutralWatcher

No but it's just that the spoilers were giving both of them beeing on the same tier, that's why i'm shocked for him to be humiliated @Sadistic Senpai
I think that's fake spoiler that says Sanji and King clash equally.

Luffy was also humiliated by Katakuri at first. We also haven't seen RS Sanji's full power. Sanji was far from going all out against Page One.

King also managed to impale Sanji because he had that opportunity when Sanji was grabbing Momonosuke so nothing to be ashamed about and RS only increases durability, speed and gives additional ability (invincibility in Sanji's case).

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I really liked the chapter.

The scene with the minks and the Beast Pirates was nice.

King was very competent and that was great to see. Sanji coming to rescue Momo was really cool.

I dislike how Oda continues to treat Big Mom like a meme, but it is what it is.

I’m like 99% sure that Sanji praising momo for declaring his name is foreshadow for sanji accepting the vinsmoke name and unlocking his genetic mutations
Yooo, I have thought about the same topic, when I saw Sanji saying that... I felt "well, maybe you don't have to agree with their metods, but you need to accept yourself too by not rejecting the notion of you being a Vinsmoke"... so maybe Oda does intend to showcase that in future

Again, my whole view of the topic is, you can disagree with your people, you can despise your method, but DO NOT DENY/REJECT your origins

Status
Not open for further replies.