Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yooo, I have thought about the same topic, when I saw Sanji saying that... I felt "well, maybe you don't have to agree with their metods, but you need to accept yourself too by not rejecting the notion of you being a Vinsmoke"... so maybe Oda does intend to showcase that in future

Again, my whole view of the topic is, you can disagree with your people, you can despise your method, but DO NOT DENY/REJECT your origins
yes sanji's saviour is a vinsmoke anyway. (vinsmoke reiju and vinsmoke sora)
So like @MonsterZoro said, he accepting Vinsmoke name might unlocking some new powerups lol

I think this kick from King is a not the same as the first.

Here Sanji is blocking King with his knee and there's black lightning, effect of CoA clash.

Sanji blocked the first attack with his foot while still invisible.
Tbh the only thing that i see is that King has a very nice design, even better than kata, while queen looks so meh
Post automatically merged:

You forgot this, king.
Of course the crown is a solid touch

And very well deserved too ~

Definitely not a fan of the literal translation. A lot of context missing here. Chapter was good nonetheless, as there were some pretty cool moments.

Sanji's got some pretty big balls to ignore King like that, but it was great to see that he stuck to his priorities of saving Momonosuke over focusing on the enemy at hand. Just goes to show that when it comes to saving the crew and allies, Sanji will always be Oda's go to guy, because he gets the job done. I'm wondering where Oda sent Sanji and King, but it seems like he's splitting up the Beast Pirates. What if they landed where Zoro is, and perhaps Oda's flashback is a clue of what's to come.

Now we just have to see what Oda has in store to keep Big Mom and Queen busy so Luffy and go and join the fight against Kaido, as he make it clear that that is where he wants to be at the moment. I have a feeling Marco, Perospero and the Kid Pirates are going to play a role in keeping them busy so Luffy can make his way to Kaido. The Minks will only be able to hold out for as long as Sulong form last, so they're going to be needing a hand soon. Maybe we'll get Luffy vs Jack before his inevitable clash with Kaido as well.

Loved the ending with Franky and Brooke. Glad to see Oda giving the Mid trio some shine. It was was definitely interesting to see that Zues actually wants to be with Nami over Big Mom. Unfortunately I don't see there being a way for her to keep him permanently cause Big Mom can make him disappear whenever she so chooses. All in all great setup chapter. Hopefully in two weeks the fun really begins.
Honestly surprised you think this was a good chapter.
It's a quick and fun read, yes, but in terms of plot development etc. I though it really was the weakest one in Onigashima imho.
Just think about the situation we have now compared to the situation we had after the last chapter. Really not much change at all.
Only difference is that Momo is free and Jack is on the rooftop, that's it though. Nothing else changed.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Exoskeleton kickin' in!
:finally:

can you imagine! He would be having "Fast healing properties" and EVEN TOUGHER an iron-like body on TOP of his current sturdiness!
:steef::steef::steef:
like someone said (i forgot who exactly), we dont know Judge and Sora flashback back then.
and someone said if Judge/Sora have a deep connection with vegapunk or even Sora is the daughter of Vegapunk. but who knows.:kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.