Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Chapter is really nice.

-Dragon Kaido and Sulong Mink panel look pretty dope, no lie. :steef: And these sulong form is kinda remain me of how Oda used to forshadowed smiles users would look back in PH Lmao. At the very least tha sick forshadowed panel is still getting paid of, but by the minks. Lol

- Sanji saving momo was also good. It kinda make sense to him to take this job due to his invisible RS ability. And one thing can be taken from his confrontation with King ; King's kick < Vergo's :afrokappa:

- And chapter is being closed with an actual meme. It almost as dope as @Admiral Lee Hung 's meme.:milaugh:
Aye your back :myman:

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
Raid Suit is specialized armor so it'll be quite difficult to cut without a haki sword or specific DF powers.
The fuck r u talking about katakuri 1 shotted rs Ichiji and yonji got low diff by sanji (yonji has genetic skin and raid suit btw) so raid suit is not some god armor that takes high attack power to bypass. A normal decent strong fighter can hurt a raid suit user easy. Both guys who are not known for attack power

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
oh and i forgot to mention : I don't care if i am the only one with my man @Jew D. Boy to think that way, but i absolutely LOVE the cover story with Pound!!
:finally:
Holy shit, dude...I got so caught up in the Franky hype, I didn’t even think about Pound!! I’ll give my full thoughts when I read the chapter later on, but I need you to keep calling me out for shit like this, it gives me the chance to improve myself :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

sorry @Jew D. Boy bro but Yamato is hella cringe here, still in #yamatoformugiwara so plz don't lecture me:pepemwai:
...Christ, is this really the reputation I’ve cultivated?? Like I said to Bee, this gives me the chance to be better...and again, I’ll provide my thoughts on Yamato’s inability to drop the act once I get the full context :josad:

Just reading the full chapter now.

King's attack power is hyped by Sanji. Sanji already knows the durability bonus from Raid Suit. When Page One sent him flying yet he came back without relevant damage thanks to the suit. Yet this chapter seeing King rushing him with the beak, apparently Sanji knows that even the durable Raid Suit won't be enough and King's beak will pierce through it.

Not only Yamato's dialogue that is cringe. Nami's dialogue with Zeus is also cringe and trash. She still talks as if Zeus is her slave. Damn damsel pretending to be tough.

It's not like Nami understands the soul fruit well though.

I actually really like both Numbers, they're so weird. I was disappointed in Kaido not being some sort of ogre so maybe they help.

I also think Yamato's joke was simple fun. It was lampshaded to be annoying like Bart's hero worship, so maybe it'll slow down.

Jinbei and robin were just waiting for momonosuke to be saved to make a move so things should start falling into place as of next chap
Juicy J pouring bottles
Robin's hands 'll make 'em dance

The fuck r u talking about katakuri 1 shotted rs Ichiji and yonji got low diff by sanji (yonji has genetic skin and raid suit btw) so raid suit is not some god armor that takes high attack power to bypass. A normal decent strong fighter can hurt a raid suit user easy. Both guys who are not known for attack power
When did Katakuri break Ichiji's Raid Suit and Sanji to Yonji's?

It's a completely different scenario, Momo not denying Oden was a sign of courage for an 8 year old about to be murdered to not spit on the legacy of his great father who gave him a great name out of love, and to not spit on the respect of all of his retainers who are fighting this war for him in part.

Judge was the one who denied Sanji not the other way around. Judge didn't raise Sanji, he still doesn't love Sanji, told him to never link himself to him and a few weeks ago tried to set him up in a death trap by holding his real father Zeff hostage.
Reiju and Sora fine, but they aren't really even Vinsmokes from a patrilineal perspective.

Zeff are the origins of who Sanji is as a man, so Kuroashi epithet is perfect for him.
Again, that's not the issue.... Judge does NOT represent Germa or the Vinsmoke history.... Vinsmoke Family existed in the PAST... they ruled the north blue before.... Just because your father is a jackass and abandoned you, doesn't mean you reject ALL OF YOUR BLOODLINE of being a Vinsmoke.... meaning, you are rejecting even your grandfather and great grandfather and all of your anscestors (when the man at fault was mainly just your father) for having a messed up head!

I'll give you an example, let's say you serve your country, but for whatever reason, your country is now ruled by someone you despise... So... do you completely deny your nationality now? or do you ACCEPT your origins, but stand against the ideals of that ruler? and fight the system itself?

your family is XXXX, and you don't like your father who is the head of that family... you can STILL despise that father, but STILL embrace the family name and be proud of your origins

Just because you despise one person from that family, doesn't mean you have to deny ALL of it....

It's like for example, I hate someone from specific nationality OR a family just for personal history, it doesn't mean I have to hate ALL the other family members

That's what I mean by "Sanji needs to embrace his origins" and accept who he is as a Vinsmoke... BUT can still despise his father... Cause his Father is NOT representing all of Germa/Vinsmoke history.... and that's where Sanji is failing imo.... Look at what Judge is saying here about Germa's past.

There is CLEARLY some big deep history of Germa regarding the "66 days of hope" which we have yet to uncover.... And it sure as hell, Judge here is talking about the ancestors... the FOUNDERS of this kingdom/family... Judge may have gone the bad route in regaining the Germa glory... but it doesn't mean the anscestor were as low as Judge...

Hope my point is clear... Sanji can aknowledge his origins and be proud of being a Vinsmoke while still despising his father cause his father doesn't represent all of Vinsmoke Family history

Status
Not open for further replies.