Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was a pricne of a coutnry and fled from it because of my abusive family, and i found a family and friends outside of it....Why should i feel proud of being born there? Or even proud of having royal blood? Thats not my home anymore mate. And miss me with RW politics, im not even american.

:okay:

But hey, maybe chopper should be more proud of the deers that abandoned him too instead of being proud of being raised by Hiluluk and Doctorine. That sure will be good "character development".
:cheers:

:gonope:saving the kids of punkhazard :goyea:eating grass and shitting around
That's different... ALL OF THEM abandoned him... Sanji was different... 2 Vinsmoke members embraced him (Sora and Reiju).... Also you never saw Chopper denying he's a reindeer from that breed LOL...
Post automatically merged:

It'd be a nice development for Sanji's character if he acknowledged his Germa origins in the future but I don't think it'd happen as Oda is not known to make significant character development for his characters.
Yeah... character development are barely visible in characters on this show

we should try to powerscaling Shiryu here lol
LOL, people thought invisibility will be useless in New World with haki...
:suresure:

That's different... ALL OF THEM abandoned him... Sanji was different... 2 Vinsmoke members embraced him (Sora and Reiju).... Also you never saw Chopper denying he's a reindeer from that breed LOL...

Yeah... character development are barely visible in characters on this show

LOL, people thought invisibility will be useless in New World with haki...
:suresure:
We got into a missunderstanding then.

Dont get me wrong, i dont think Sanji should hate the country and everything related to it, or deny he was born there...He dosent hate the common citizen of that country either, and that was proven by him carrying when a maid got hurt by his brother and by hesitating in killing the soldiers in his fight vs Judge. He does admit multiple times that he was born in the NB. He also never says that Judge isnt his biological father, or that he wasnt born a vinsmoke.

The problem is his family... he was banished and abused by that family but he managed to find a new one...Soo obviously he dosent want to have anything to do with his old family, using the name "vinsmoke" or the labbel "stealth black" is like openly awknoledging that he sees himself as part of that family.

Well if you haven't noticed, Luffy has been out of character this entire arc, otherwise he wouldn't have given a shit about Oden's backstory or even cared to listen to it in the first place
I think that's Oda wanking Oden again, making him a special character in the eyes of literally everybody.
But yeah luffy doesn't care about that, all he needed to want to fight more than just to take a Yonko down was his bond with Tama and his promise to her.

Ulqiuorra was such a great character. Kubo gave him great development and special treatment compared to the other espada.
For me it goes

1. Nel

2. Nnoitra

3. Harribel

4. Starrk

5. Grimmjow

6. Barragan

7. Ulqiorra

8. Szayelporo

9. Eye guy

10. Aaroniero

11. Yammy

12. Moustache privaron

13. Girl privaron

13. Luppi

14. The dude chad fought

15. The weird kid

Don’t get me wrong I don’t dislike any of them but I like some more than others.

What's going on Luffy? Didn't you the one who brought Big Mom there and now you're living others to deal with her while knowing that no one beside you can take care of her? Man up for God's sake, it was your decision to bring back Sanji and declare war to Big Mom and now it's your responsibility to deal with her, Kaido is now fighting against Scabbards and you need to use that opportunity to deal with Big Mom. What happened to Luffy from Alabasta? Why is Luffy so irresponsible this days? Maybe some character growth Oda, do you know what that means?

I saw this on Arlong Park, don't know if it was already posted in the spoiler thread or not.
nicely done:akaman::akaman::fransuper::fransuper:
ma boi Franky and Brook can just sit back rest of the arc otherwise they might take all the booties:finally::finally:
Jesus Oda really likes to meme BM. let this hag go all out w/o shit happening to her for 10 sec:crazwhat: is it too much to ask:ronalugh:

and someone please flex tape Yamato's mouth:josad::josad: the shits she is spittin:whitepress:

I can see where you are coming from to a certain extent but neither Sora or Reiju were leaders of the organization and it is a patrilineal organization so I don't view them as "true" Vinsmokes either.

Also say if Sora was a celesital dragon ancestor would Sanji have to be proud of that and acknowledge that too, even if say the celestial dragons are ultimatelty responsible for 90% of the misery in One Piece?

Nice chapter, it was really fun!!

King calling Queen useless was really funny hahaha, dude is doing nothing than screaming and dancing :milaugh:

Franky and Brook, you are too perfect boys :steef:
The wheels track in BM's face was so funny haha, she is a perfect parking !! She is already in the ground lmao!

Now the main dish, I'm gonna be little harsh sanji fans don't take it personally :
- Sanji saved Momo, it was great job and besides law no one could have saved momo with king and queen around, was awesome.

- But Sanji again let Shinobu a woman to be hurt in order to save momo ? We all know if it was a beautiful girl, he would have save her first and not momo. hypocrite ? ...
- So Sanji saved Momo in front of the ennemies eyes and think they gonna let him escape ? Wtf are you smoking bro ? Do you really think King would say "it's okay mate, go ?" 😂😂
Sanji telling to let him go, literally sparing his life and he could die if his belly is opened were too much and lame. Don't know why Oda used those words here ... maybe to just hype af King here ?

King is absolutely amazing and ruthless!! Dude doesn't give a fuck about anything and when he appears on the screen, he is doing alone the job!
Scary he didn't even use all his capacity against the new PU of Sanji, he was playing with ... the moment he used his DF was too much and could have kill Sanji if even Luffy said that attack was too dangerous.
Honestly, he is gonna really hard to defeat ... But he proved he is indeed the YC1 of BP.

Next chapter will be interesting to see if their clash is over (80% of chance) or luffy/marco come to save Sanji because the gap is too wide between them.
Imagine Zoro coming to save Sanji, the war between two fandom will be :
:ihaha:

Last edited:

knuckleheadninja

Homeroom Teacher
Chapter was pretty great but randomly felt it was kind of short. Really hyped to see Minks in action, they really looked savage.
And I did not like the fact that Big Mom is being used to create a comic scene.
lol Zeus sounded funny telling Nami Sorry you have to die.

What's going on Luffy? Didn't you the one who brought Big Mom there and now you're living others to deal with her while knowing that no one beside you can take care of her? Man up for God's sake, it was your decision to bring back Sanji and declare war to Big Mom and now it's your responsibility to deal with her, Kaido is now fighting against Scabbards and you need to use that opportunity to deal with Big Mom. What happened to Luffy from Alabasta? Why is Luffy so irresponsible this days? Maybe some character growth Oda, do you know what that means?
Very true lol- Sanji is worth 1000 men guys it'll help in the war I promise, forget that Big Mom is worth 5000 and brought several 1000 enemies lol.:sanmoji:

Nice chapter, it was really fun!!

King calling Queen useless was really funny hahaha, dude is doing nothing than screaming and dancing :milaugh:

Franky and Brook, you are too perfect boys :steef:
The wheels track in BM's face was so funny haha, she is a perfect parking !! She is already in the ground lmao!

Now the main dish, I'm gonna be little harsh sanji fans don't take it personally :
- Sanji saved Momo, it was great job and besides law no one could have saved momo with king and queen around, was awesome.

- But Sanji again let Shinobu a woman to be hurt in order to save momo ? We all know if it was a beautiful girl, he would have save her first and not momo. hypocrite ? ...
- So Sanji saved Momo in front of the ennemies eyes and think they gonna let him escape ? Wtf are you smoking bro ? Do you really think King would say "it's okay mate, go ?" 😂😂
Sanji telling to let him go, literally sparing his life and he could die if his belly is opened were too much and lame. Don't know why Oda used those words here ... maybe to just hype af King here ?

Literally what happened here :

King is absolutely amazing and ruthless!! Dude doesn't give a fuck about anything and when he appears on the screen, he is doing alone the job!
Scary he didn't even use all his capacity against the new PU of Sanji, he was playing with ... the moment he used his DF was too much and could have kill Sanji if even Luffy said that attack was too dangerous.
Honestly, he is gonna really hard to defeat ... But he proved he is indeed the YC1 of BP.

Next chapter will be interesting to see if their clash is over (80% of chance) or luffy/marco come to save Sanji because the gap is too wide between them.
Imagine Zoro coming to save Sanji, the war between two fandom will be :
:ihaha:
i think we should wait for the viz because the whole king-sanji interaction felt weird

Status
Not open for further replies.