Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used no name attack and ended Sanji's career at the same rate

No transformation, no awakening

This is a powerhouse no question, I doubt Marco and Kuri can keep up
Just like Sanji hasn't used diable jambe, Raid suit elemental attack? , hell memories, spectre or whatever else he has hiding.
And Sanji is joking around with "oi oi oi" and with the capacity to talk to Momo to cheer him on while fighting.
Katakuri has CoC future sight and a special paramecia and Marco has fought Blackbeard and survived.

Respect Jack, dude is the only Calamity who try to protect his captain, like his status and how Oda make him important, im already hyped up to see Jack fighting against the Minks!! @Jo_Ndule

Dude that attack was crazy if even Luffy hype up it as hell of an attack, he don´t usually praise a attack but here he fear that Sanji get bad hurt, my though is that Sanji is little injuried and stand up again in the next chapter, overall I like the scene with King vs Sanji.

And overall about Sanji, my dude get downplayed in the last chapters very hard, matchup as against Pageone get said, a confrontation against King was not even a opinion for many users and this Sanji face now King. The outcome is irrelevant, Sanji take his W to save Momo and hold up King, some user should apologize to Sanji after this chapter. He was indeed the Mvp of the chapter and I hope we see more of King vs Sanji(my own opinion is still the same though, King alone is too much for any strawhat expect Luffy to handle, King going defeat in a teambattle).
Getting downplayed for no damn reason. Sanji wasnt even in the recent chapters, how does sanji have tht much clout to be talked about when he's not in the actual chapters.Shit is crazy

I 100% care about this. Was happy when Oda finally named Hotei, who is pretty much the Samurai equivalent to Fukurokuju at this point.

So we got Nanki and Hatcha so far.

I find it interesting that Jack only took one Number up to the roof of the dome. Makes me wonder how strong they actually are or if they have powers.

Nanki also doesn't match any of the Number sillhouettes we have so far, same with Hatcha.
I have no idea why the Numbers are being slept on. They are unlikely to be good for much other than fighting and they're clearly bigger than giants so...

That isn't really an unbiased take on the chapter either, plenty of counter points to your narative:
1.Sanji achieves goal of saving Momo
2. King fails to recapture Momo
3. Sanji casually cheers on Momo while fighting King
4. Sanji says oi oi oi in a non serious manner
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Dude, the first two point have absolutely nothing to do with what I said, I never refuted that. The third one is ridiculous, he wasn’t casual about anything. He said Momo was cool, and King wasn’t even trying. The fourth point is even more ridiculous. If you look at Sanji’s face as King manhandled him and read the words that he said, and say anything about Sanji being less than serious in that engagement, then you probably shouldn’t be talking to people about “unbiased.”

I’m sure that as Sanji admits he’s in real trouble, that what he really meant was that his situation was somewhere in the middle of what I said and what his fanboys said. /s
Where people are getting this from I don't understand?
Just because Zolo sliced a house there that means he's still there?
How does that work??? Ulti destroyed the stairs where she met Luffy, why isn't she still there then?

Don't you remember his last location was inside the castle (back of the onigashima)?
Zoro got lost so badly on Water 7 while trying to find Luffy before the Marines got there that he went in circles and ended up at the same spot. So yeah, I think it’s a bit justified to say that Zoro, regardless of how much time has passed between when he first cut the house to now, could potentially be in or near the same spot.
Lol at Zoro needing to 3v1 a calamity.

By EOS Zoro will at least be stronger than Shanks (this has literally been confirmed in a data book)

Shanks could probably kill King with a pinky flick.

Do you really think EOS Zoro will be able to kill someone 3x as strong as his current self with a pinky flick ?

How on earth do you see Zoro jumping up 10 tiers in a couple of arcs ? ROSAT training ? Super Saiyan ? Eating a devil fruit ?
Lol at the fact that you think Zoro is strong enough to do something that Luffy struggled for hours on end to do, and this is after he fought another Yonko commander just prior to that engagement. Meanwhile, Zoro’s only serious matchups have been against Pica and Killer, neither of whom are close to King.

But then, I shouldn’t have even bothered given your second line.

Last edited:
Dude, the first two point have absolutely nothing to do with what I said, I never refuted that. The third one is ridiculous, he wasn’t casual about anything. He said Momo was cool, and King wasn’t even trying. The fourth point is even more ridiculous. If you look at Sanji’s face as King manhandled him and read the words that he said, and say anything about Sanji being less than serious in that engagement, then you probably shouldn’t be talking to people about “unbiased.”

I’m sure that as Sanji admits he’s in real trouble, that what he really meant was that his situation was somewhere in the middle of what I said and what his fanboys said. /s
You said "Chapter: “Sanji gets manhandled by King so badly that he thinks he’s going to die via a hole in his stomach.” "
That is Sanji downplay and yes it is ignoring points 1 and 2 and focusing on the conclusion of the clash, that as of yet has done no damage.
Point 3 yes it was casual to talk and thumbs up while someone is attacking you...
Point 4 oi oi oi is a signpost for gaggy dialogue been used many times.
So yes it is in between "getting manhandled" and joking around, as I initially said...

I like the composure and calm Jack is showing regarding the minks' weakness. He seems confident they are gonna win that round.

King really shows why he is the second in command

Hopefully the rest of the straw hats and the rest of the alliance arrive on the battlefield next chapter.

Sanji might not really fight King and could switch opponent like in EL.

I doubt BM is really hurt. Interesting Luffy wants to fight Kaidu ASAP so that means someone else will fight her. Law, Kidd, and Marco seem like a good match up considering the former Warlord is a great tactician and BM is really dumb without her crew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.