Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ships-

Luffy x Meat (unless Hancock rapes him...)

Zoro x Hiyori x Yamato in a polyamorous throuple

Nami x Vivi

Sanji x Pudding (but Pudding will turn out to be asexual but not aromantic so Sanji will die a virgin)

Usopp x Kaya

Robin x Franky

Brook x I don’t know

Chopper x nobody because he’ll always have an unrequited crush on Zoro

Jinbei x someone not yet introduced or maybe nobody

Carrot x no idea

Last edited:
Ships-

Luffy x Meat (unless Hancock rapes him...)

Zoro x Hiyori x Yamato in a polyamorous throuple

Nami x Vivi

Usopp x Kaya

Robin x Franky

Brook x I don’t know

Chopper x nobody because he’ll always have an unrequited crush on Zoro

Jinbei x someone not yet introduced or maybe nobody

Carrot x no idea
Brook × Meme is canon
Carrot × Chopper maybe

I don't get the salt
Did peaple really expect Sanji not to struggle against the first Yonko commander? Lol
Also comparing this situation to with Doflamingo is stupid, Doffy was the arc boss and Luffy was the one who supposed to defeat him, while King is the third strongest in the arc
And he actually looked great before forcing King to turn into his Zoan form (and King looked great too by the way)

I don't think Sanji will win right away of course if the fight continues, but he will pull through it somehow
Post automatically merged:

We need the VIZ translation of this chapter ASAP

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well, since I’ve been asked to provide my thoughts multiple times (and I absolutely LOVE the sound of/reading my own voice), here you go, you monsters!!

Sulong is looking cool, but we still aren’t seeing Inu and Neko?? :pepeanger: Also, the way we’re getting introductions for the Numbers seems...oddly understated...we got Hachi a while ago in a single small panel, and now Nagi is getting the same treatment. Who are they meant to fight? What’s the point of easing them in for us like this? Will Oda answer my questions? Where am I right now?

Shinobu’s a ninja!! How did she get caught so easily?? If not for Sanji, making an admittedly valiant return after his prostitute sabbatical, everything would have been completely fucked because of her :namiriously:

A little more on the cook - for as much shit as he gets around here, this was an incredibly badass entrance into the fray. I’m glad he’s donning the Raid Suit despite wanting to reject his family’s influence, it’s a killer upgrade and he’s already putting it to good use. Even if King got the smack down on him, saving Momo absolutely makes up for everything else he has (and hasn’t) done as of late. Someone tell kurwa that this is as much ground as I am ever going to give him :stealthblack:

Some quick stuff before my last two observations - Nami breaking up with Zeus is a good bit, but I wonder if they’ll get back together once Linlin goes down (assuming he doesn’t die when she’s knocked out or something); the samurai realizing that Big Mom is as mighty as Kaido feels like it’s adding another layer of too-quick dramatic effect, that’s just par for the course this arc; Luffy’s gonna end up fighting them both at once, or at least standing in front of them as he did the admirals in Marineford, and honestly, I’m already excited by the idea :ace:

All right...Yamato taking the Oden cosplay too seriously is something I’ve somehow already been asked about by three (!!!) people, so let me go on record and say that calling Momo her son is not doing her any favors at all, and I wish Oda had chosen to flesh HER out a little more there. My feelings on her joining the crew have not changed in any way, but I think the author needs to give us more about her experience to endear her to the naysayers here and elsewhere. To be fair, she’s spent more than two thirds of her life enslaved on Onigashima, so how much there is on which to expand is up for debate...but we know she wasn’t in cuffs up to and including her idol’s execution, and she did meet Ace when he visited, so there’s much more Oda can (and hopefully will) do to make y’all like her before the arc is over. Considering his post-timeskip character development, I’m not greatly encouraged, but a man can dream.

And finally, I leave you with the best panel in the arc. He Laughed was a masterpiece, and Kaido’s dragon form last time titillated most of your taints, but the contest is over now. We have officially reached the climax of the arc, or at the very least, *I* have :steef: See you big talkers in two weeks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.