Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo Zoro and Sanji just aren't and shouldn't be at a YC3 level they didn't stand a chance against Doflamingo.

False in a way. Pirate King is higher than the Yonko. Zoro just wants to be WSS. Just like how if you place WSS above the Yonko, that doesn't make it true.
Law was able to put up a fight against Doffy. Law was weaker than Hawkins in their first fight. Zoro was significantly stronger than Hawkins. He’s also a bad match-up for Doffy since he can cut his strings and has the coo to sense even the invisible ones. Also he’s probably the only high tier in the verse to have better endurance than Doffy.

Did I ever say that WSS was above the Yonko or anything ? No I did not. All I said was that the databook states that Zoro will be stronger than Shanks, which is true. I never talked about the title of WSS or what it means or whether Mihawk was stronger than Shanks. Heck for all we know Zoro will unlock a new form (Joyboy even made a theory about such a form called Nirvana) just as Mihawk is about to defeat him that’ll make him strong enough to one-shot Mihawk and then Mihawk will say “You’ve become even stronger than Shanks”.

Law was able to put up a fight against Doffy. Law was weaker than Hawkins in their first fight. Zoro was significantly stronger than Hawkins. He’s also a bad match-up for Doffy since he can cut his strings and has the coo to sense even the invisible ones. Also he’s probably the only high tier in the verse to have better endurance than Doffy.

Did I ever say that WSS was above the Yonko or anything ? No I did not. All I said was that the databook states that Zoro will be stronger than Shanks, which is true. I never talked about the title of WSS or what it means or whether Mihawk was stronger than Shanks. Heck for all we know Zoro will unlock a new form (Joyboy even made a theory about such a form called Nirvana) just as Mihawk is about to defeat him that’ll make him strong enough to one-shot Mihawk and then Mihawk will say “You’ve become even stronger than Shanks”.
Law had a good run with Doflamingo but he is ultimately weaker than him, it was made clear. He stood no chance even with his DF.

That's really Interesting that Mihawk's original titile was gonna be "Clairvoyant". The meaning of that word is "a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact". I bet his eyes are gonna be something special, perhaps maybe even be the most advanced form of Observation Haki
A popular theory is that Mihawk has a level of observation Haki beyond even future sight and Imu has it too and Zoro will also have it when he opens his left eye which will be like Mihawk & Imu’s. It basically functions like Genjutsu. And Mihawk used this to show Luffy that his arms will be cut when he extends them towards him. And that Imu has used this to basically put the whole world in a Genjutsu which is why the world govt has remained in control of the world and he has remained as the ruler of the world. And the true history of the world at Raftel will basically reveal all this and pierce the illusion so to speak...

N

NeutralWatcher

Credit to @Chaves

In this panel, King kicks Sanji with his right leg.

In this panel Sanji actually blocks King kick. (see King uses right leg in this panel)

And King cannot overpower Sanji. :funky:

Sanji looks better here before King impales Sanji because King has that opportunity bcause Sanji grabs Momonosuke.

N

NeutralWatcher

Meanwhile Luffy getting overpowered by Ulti :josad:
Ancient zoan users are not to be underestimated.

Ulti managed to garb Luffy because of Page One and she did it in her full zoan form.

Same with King managed to impale Sanji because he had that opportunity when Sanji was grabbing Momonosuke and King did it in his full zoan form.

RS Sanji looks better against King before King impales Sanji. I think Sanji might be able to give King good fight.

Oh boy what would happen with Page One vs Sanji then. Page One full zoan form managed to swat Sanji.

Does this mean Sanji=Page One=King? :milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Ancient zoan users are not to be underestimated.

Ulti managed to garb Luffy because of Page One and she did it in her full zoan form.

Same with King managed to impale Sanji because he had that opportunity when Sanji was grabbing Momonosuke and King did it in his full zoan form.

RS Sanji looks better against King before King impales Sanji. I think Sanji might be able to give King good fight.

Oh boy what would happen with Page One vs Sanji then. Page One full zoan form managed to swat Sanji.

Does this mean Sanji=Page One=King? :milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:
Yes page one is the strongest zoan in wano dont lets sasaki words fool you :pagemoji:

Credit to @Chaves

In this panel, King kicks Sanji with his right leg.

In this panel Sanji actually blocks King kick. (see King uses right leg in this panel)

And King cannot overpower Sanji. :funky:

Sanji looks better here before King impales Sanji because King has that opportunity bcause Sanji grabs Momonosuke.
Lol ....

Do you guys suffer from dyslexia??

King doesn’t know Sanji is there King is attempting to kick Momo (fodder).

In his attempt to kick Momo, Sanji kicks, Kings right leg (who doesn’t even move) then King extends his legs pushing Sanji back who (in your panel) is saying “ugh”.

Sanjis sneak attacks couldn’t even make king budge this isn’t a good look powerscaling wise.

N

NeutralWatcher

Lol ....

Do you guys suffer from dyslexia??

King doesn’t know Sanji is there King is attempting to kick Momo (fodder).

In his attempt to kick Momo, Sanji kicks, Kings right leg (who doesn’t even move) then King extends his legs pushing Sanji back who (in your panel) is saying “ugh”.

Sanjis sneak attacks couldn’t even make king budge this isn’t a good look powerscaling wise.
How does my post hurt you? Do I even insult your idol in my post? Chill with the insult
Post automatically merged:

Putting that aside maybe you're right. King extends his leg and pushes Sanji's leg.

Last edited by a moderator:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
i kinda feel bad for sanji haters they were so sure king was going to fight zoro so they wanked king so hard declaring him as the second strongest yonko right hand and now they don’t know what to do, they are still in denial
even swordbois wanking King that high? why are they so desperate:lawsigh:

Just a quick thought about overall consistency issues:
We all know that Luffy is the main protagonist and strongest fighter of the SHs.
There is a small gap to Zoro and then again another small gap to Sanji. It has been this way since day one, no discussion here.

Here comes my problem: We all saw what happened in the Luffy vs Katakuri fight.

Luffy was pummeled for 95% of the fight and only managed to "win" in the end (after 12 hours btw), because he ran away for quite some time and Katakuri actually had honor/mercy (significantly injuring himself).

Remind you - that was Luffy against a YC1.

I just don't see how Oda can pull off satisfying victories for Zoro and Sanji against King/Queen, without us always having to think about consistency issues.

When even Luffy basically only managed a draw/flawed victory against Katakuri, with all the plot conveniences in the world, how can you justify Sanji and Zoro doing exactly the same thing right now, probably in even way less time?
Because Goatakuri is clearly better than King :kata:

Status
Not open for further replies.