Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is how plot armor gonna be take part, Luffy surprise us with gear 4 boundman against Doffy, Zoro surprised us with ashura against Kaku, Sanji surprised us with diable jambe against Jabra.
We still dont see both of Zoro and Sanji flashback training with Mihawk and Ivankov.
The difference between their trainings is their true goals, but lets discuss that later im gonna focus on just Sanji

Posttime skip Sanji has had 0 extreme diff fights, Oda has used many arcs to potray Sanji as a hype tool for some of the fighters,

Then goes from having no extreme diffs in WCI flashforward 3 weeks put on a raidsuit and now he's up to Kings level? That's where im at, trying to find the justificaiton of that power gap fill

Will Sanji be Hype Tool or will Oda change the Sanji norm
Given that were this deep into the arc where the fight is about to begin, Its unlikely Sanji will get used as a hype tool in this situation. If this interaction happened in the earlier acts , I would have said yes this is a hype tool moment. But Sanji meeting King in this context is very strange. Sanji usually has 1 major fight in arcs like these. If King is here he could be Sanjis fight.

If he fought Cracker or Snack with the raid suit and won, I would 100% see how he reaches YC1 level, very logical and understandable

but the direction Oda has gone with Sanji, there is such a gap between WCI and Wano. How?
Kind of my problem with the whole thing. WCI was a perfect moment for Oda to make Sanji (and if possible, Jinbe/Chopper/Nami/Brook) have a measures taken against a Yonko crew that could allow us to believe what we are seeing now. I mean, I get why he didn't, but it still strikes me as odd.

I don't think Sanji had to fight a YC, but even just defeating Perospero or just someone around his level (I guess Snack would work) would have helped. The reason why I could believe Luffy could defeat Katakuri was because he defeated a Shichibukai with immense strength beyond his bounty, while also defeating a 900 million bounty pirate right before Kata. Sanji (and Zoro) have none of this, so it still really doesn't sit well with me if they are supposed to solo these characters with no previous feats to show HOW they could do this.

Like at the moment I still believe Jinbe and Zoro might fight Sasaki and Who's Who instead. Is that terrible of me to think so? Idk, Oda hasn't given me much of a choice in believing Luffys own crew can handle YCs. Like i still don't even know if Sanji really "defeated" P1. Oda also never made that clear either, so I can see Sanji fighting P1 or even Drake if he keeps up appearances.

Maybe King really is reserved for Marco, while Queen/Jack for someone like Kid/Law. At least those seem more reasonable in terms of captains or YCs facing people closer to their caliber (for now).

Thats not to say Sanji/Zoro can't handle it, but I just wonder why Oda never made that abundantly clear. Luffy only just defeated Katakuri, are his subordinates supposed to also achieve that same feat so quickly?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
The difference between their trainings is their true goals, but lets discuss that later im gonna focus on just Sanji

Posttime skip Sanji has had 0 extreme diff fights, Oda has used many arcs to potray Sanji as a hype tool for some of the fighters,

Then goes from having no extreme diffs in WCI flashforward 3 weeks put on a raidsuit and now he's up to Kings level? That's where im at, trying to find the justificaiton of that power gap fill
like i said, we still dont see Sanji training flashback with Ivankov.
On top of that, im pretty sure he had stronger version of diable jambe.
Same thing goes for Zoro.

from what i have seen here there is far more slander of zoro from sanji fans, constantly trolling him saying how he was breathing so heavily against gifters struggling, aren't they the ones who are the harshest on zoro
It goes both ways, but you're still newer here, I've seen it both on OJ and here, and it's more than just about Sanji fans. Just give it time. Zoro fans will show how asinine they can be.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
Anyone actually mad if Sanji is first commander strength by End of Wano? That’s speaks greater length about Zoro and Luffy
Luffy will be admiral level after wano
Zoro and Sanji will be around first commander level

Theres only 2 or 3 arcs left after wano

Elbaf Zoro and Sanji will be clear above YC1

then we have black beard and marine arc left

At this point Zoro and Sanji will reach admiral level if they gonna face marines

after that Zoro will defeat mihawk and Sanji i don't know.

Given that were this deep into the arc where the fight is about to begin, Its unlikely Sanji will get used as a hype tool in this situation. If this interaction happened in the earlier acts , I would have said yes this is a hype tool moment. But Sanji meeting King in this context is very strange. Sanji usually has 1 major fight in arcs like these. If King is here he could be Sanjis fight.
Exactly WCI was a perfect set up, and I personally didnt like his main point which was baking a cake, I thought that whole plotline was stupid. This is why im leaning towards hypetool, but it is all about whether or not Sanji has his raidsuit on when in front of King and what that context is

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
The only problem i see with king vs sanji is that Sanji will need to create flames hotter than King in order for DJ to be effective. This can lead to Sanji getting black or blue flames that everyone wants. Same goes to king though because Sanji is already pretty fire resistance before the raid suit(look at pearl) but now with the raid suit hes basically fire proof.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Everyone knows Kaido is the real problem. Who killed Yasu though?
Orochi. But Zoro didn't go rage mode until he learned about Orochi giving the SMILEs to the people of Ebisu. With Orochi out of the picture, who's the person Zoro can get vengeance on? Kaido.

And how is cutting Orochi supposed to be hype for Zoro? He's a weak coward that has 0 hype in regards to his durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.