Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen cracked her skull though, the SFX is only used when something is cracking
But once again, no actual bleeding from the character. Also, we gotta stop taking sound effects as literal translations of what you think happens. Sometimes Oda does the effects for dramatization. For example, he SHOWED Sanji's leg or Usopp's face or Hajrudin's arm or Oars' spine cracking when they got hurt. He did not do this for BM

Therefore I don't believe Queen did much outside of bring her memory back

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
@Jew D. Boy for real though, I think Franky just got tire smudges all over her face and ruined her makeup which will make her angry. I could see Oda going that route rather than having Franky actually injure her. Big Momโ€™s arc in Onigashima involves Oda playing dress-up with her for some god forsaken reason, so I can see her makeup being ruined as the next step in this unfathomably unnecessary side plot lol.
@Hiragaro may be interested in seeing this - Iโ€™m willing to give yโ€™all the benefit of the doubt until we get a clearer picture, but no matter what, the indisputable fact is that Franky has now caught Big Mom off guard in a way that Luffy, Queen, and everyone else in the series to this point has not done on panel. Tire tracks or blood, he still left a mark on her where rocket launchers and G4 punches had no such effect.

Cannonballs themselves are pretty insignificant compared to the damage these characters are theoretically dealing.
That's true but it is a fact that Big Mom's durability was portrayed to be very extraordinal; such as Big Mom tanking Zeus' strongest shown attack with no injuries whatsoever.

Also, as I said, even when she clashed with Bound Man, her arm only rattled. That's incredible as well.

We really have to ignore these two instances to say that Franky injuring Big Mom actually makes sense and is no PIS.

@Hiragaro may be interested in seeing this - Iโ€™m willing to give yโ€™all the benefit of the doubt until we get a clearer picture, but no matter what, the indisputable fact is that Franky has now caught Big Mom off guard in a way that Luffy, Queen, and everyone else in the series to this point has not done on panel. Tire tracks or blood, he still left a mark on her where rocket launchers and G4 punches had no such effect.
Queen cracked her skull...

Status
Not open for further replies.