• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Admiral Lee Hung
Tbh.

I don't even remember any of my attempts at respecting Big Mom after I saw her design.
When Jinbe and the Straw Hats dunked on her for the first time, that was when I realized Oda had no intention of making her a narrative threat even in the same way that people like Kuma and Lucci were. Kuma and Lucci both dominated the entire straw hat crew on panel, and Oda wanted you to feel how great of a threat they were.

With Big Mom, it’s just disrespect left and right. Oda doesn’t care if we find her threatening, he just wants to draw ignorant fodder freaking out about her power before drawing every other relevant character break-dancing all over her face. She is impossible to take seriously as a threat because she’s not threatening.

But I’ll give it to Kaido, he is even shittier than Big Mom is. I’d fly every other Yonko’s flag as a pirate before I flew Kaido’s.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in my post, this further obliterates the myth that Big Mom-tards have been pushing that Big Mom only got shat on so much in WCI because she was out of her mind lol. Oda clearly intends to disrespect her as much as possible even when she’s in-character.
I’m fine with that portrayal, but to downplay her by saying “It’s only Franky” is incorrect...by all rights, Franky is the strongest non-Monster Trio SHP and has been since his introduction. It’s a crime that it’s taken Oda this long to give him a moment this huge, but later is better than never :finally:

The problem is not him being skilled or not, is King being MUCH stronger with a sword, likely a sword in his hand is a bigger powerup than his hybrid form.... And he is already strugling with king as it is.
Is he? The king pile dive move is due to him grabbing sanji while he is takking to other people and more concerned about momo. It seems no one is really getting the upperhand currently

When Jinbe and the Straw Hats dunked on her for the first time, that was when I realized Oda had no intention of making her a narrative threat even in the same way that people like Kuma and Lucci were. Kuma and Lucci both dominated the entire straw hat crew on panel, and Oda wanted you to feel how great of a threat they were.

With Big Mom, it’s just disrespect left and right. Oda doesn’t care if we find her threatening, he just wants to draw ignorant fodder freaking out about her power before drawing every other relevant character break-dancing all over her face. She is impossible to take seriously as a threat because she’s not threatening.

But I’ll give it to Kaido, he is even shittier than Big Mom is. I’d fly every other Yonko’s flag as a pirate before I flew Kaido’s.
Yep she isn't mean to be a real threat. PIS has nothing to do with it (It's an excuse made by her stans). Doflamingo didn't get dabbed on by Usopp or other weaker straw hats during Dressrosa.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The SFX means literaly CRACK - which is used when someones bones are breaking. Used for Sanji vs Vergo, Sanji vs Luffy, etc.
Both of those times you listed, we saw the bones cracking with the sound effect. Not so with Big Mom and Queen, so it’s reasonable to assume it didn’t happen. Also, if her skull was cracked, even she would have fucking died from that...y’all have an odd grasp on how bodies work even in fiction.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I’m fine with that portrayal, but to downplay her by saying “It’s only Franky” is incorrect...by all rights, Franky is the strongest non-Monster Trio SHP and has been since his introduction. It’s a crime that it’s taken Oda this long to give him a moment this huge, but later is bette than never :finally:
Oh Franky is hella underrated online lol. Not sure if I value him over Robin as a fighter, who is also underrated, but yeah Franky is pretty beastly lol.

Lol Oda is trying to justify Zeus relationship to Nami stupid power up I hope linlin will kill him and create something new but the biggest disapointment in the New World:
BIG MOM

Wow so trashy I hope one admiral will blast her away she is shit even Franky trashed her

Status
Not open for further replies.