One Piece Chapter 991: "Please let us die"

How good was the chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the anime rendition of the Onigashima raid could be worth the watch:

- We might see Zoro vs the Gifters
- Ulti vs Yamato extended
- Jack vs the Minks and musketeers
- Zoro vs Drake being longer
- The Scabbards vs Kaido

The top of Onigashima with the moonlight and snow is a great setting for an epic scale fight. In addition, the cinematography of the anime is currenlty amazing to watch.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I wonder if the anime rendition of the Onigashima raid could be worth the watch:

- We might see Zoro vs the Gifters
- Ulti vs Yamato extended
- Jack vs the Minks and musketeers
- Zoro vs Drake being longer
- The Scabbards vs Kaido

The top of Onigashima with the moonlight and snow is a great setting for an epic scale fight. In addition, the cinematography of the anime is currenlty amazing to watch.
with so many offscreened/offpaneled thing happen in the manga, im starting to accept Wano anime as a canon.
especially when in the manga had lack of conclusion of some fights/events.

did people back when dressrosa was still running say this stupid shit about oda "offscreening" fights when he set up franky vs senor pink and they didnt finish fighting until 20 chapters later. or half the colosseum stuff?

just because you only see part of a fight now or the build up to a fight now doesnt mean its off screened. you fuckers would be watching sabo hit burgess with hiken and go SMH WHERES THE REST OF THE FIGHT HOW COULD THEY OFFSCREEN BURGESS LIKE THAT

• I wonder if Page One feels like he lost a brother with X-Drake's betrayal. Now his only companion is a dumb and violent brocon.
  • If Usopp and Nami VS Ulti and Page One is going happen, I would really love to see it as combined 2v2. Weakest Strawhats VS youngest Tobiroppo. The dino siblings continuing their amusing interactions and performing team work, and the Usopp and Nami dream team finally in a full fight like Usopp and Chopper back in Alabasta.
  • Sanji entrusting Nami with Usopp. An upgrade from the last time that happened:
  • Kin'emon staying true to his word. What a legend.
Koby showing master-level observation haki by making a similar observation like Mihawk the Senrigan did about Luffy. I like how Drake looks so displeased hearing for hours on end of Koby's sermon on the book of Luffy. Once again, I have to question what happened to Drake's crew. Is there a single member in Onigashima around? Koby and Drake have their post-TS appearance, so it shouldn't be easy for Drake to meet up with marine Koby dressed like that without any Beast Pirate fodder noticing. Drake's crew is the key here, they are the only people that could cover up for him unless Drake rounds up all BP fodder and lets Koby take them away before they spill the beans.
I've seen some criticism about Jinbe's words not matching his actions but it doesn't really resonate. Luffy got upset hearing how Orochi was dirty and backstabbed Oden, while letting big bounty murderous mermaid-kidnapper into the alliance, some criticism is warranted. Jinbe is highly characterized for being rather honorable and straight forward with his intentions. He doesn't hide his true intentions or where his loyalty stands like X-Drake this chapter. In WCI, Jinbe purposely went to meet Big Mom after bringing her a poneglyph and stuffing her mouth full of cakes to formally resign her crew. She tried to kill him with the wheel, which stopped him for fulfilling his dream and joining the Strawhats so that should have been Jinbe's cue to cut and run like X-Drake. Yet in the middle of the tea party he sits down before Big Mom and returns the sakazuki cup to officially renounce. From beginning to end he kept it straight, even apologized to Opera for knocking him out.

We can go back to Marineford, when Jinbe was put in Impel Down for not joining the war as his Walord position demanded. Why was Jinbe imprisoned? Because he stated his refusal to fight Whitebeard openly and faced the consequences for not living up to his job. Jinbe could have pulled a Blackbeard, completely disappearing right before the war then end up fighting the marines later. He wouldn't be in Impel Down AND he could help rescue Ace. But Blackbeard is one of the most dishonorable and untrustworthy pirates there is, thematically set up as a complete opposite Warlord to Jinbe back in Impel Down, to cement it further both of them fought Ace and established a connection with him, Jinbe showed up to help Whitebeard while Blacbkeard arrived to kill him. All X-Drake needs to do is show some humility and open up about what happened to him and what the plans of this former Marine/former Beast Pirate are. He's basically dancing around the issue while trading blows with Zoro, continuing to make himself look suspicious.
Apoo is just a complete riot. He's that one annoying video game boss that can't be knocked out because he keeps summoning grunts. I like that Apoo is still captain of the On-Air Pirates. He's the first pirate ally of Kaido's crew, keeping their previous crew intact rather than being merged into the hierarchy as a Headliner. I consider Doffy just a trade partner. I wonder if that grants an exception to Apoo's guys and they don't have to eat SMILE. Maybe the stipulation was that Apoo was forced to take care of the Numbers, the dirty job nobody else wants.

It does look like Apoo can control the Numbers to an extent with his tunes. What a tremendously useful guy, Kaido should appreciate him more than any Tobiroppo. Hatcha getting excited over Franky is a blessing. It would be very sad if the Numbers turn out to be child experiments and are at least mentally stuck in childhood, explaining their simple minds and inability to speak, their draw to Apoo's music. I know people don't care about the Numbers, but don't do this Oda.
The context here is better than every scan I've seen. Jinbe is not specifically referring to the power of the Numbers, but that anything can become a threat with enough numbers. I wonder if that means someone like Shogun Franky will get to fight multiple of the sobered up Numbers at the same time to make up for a lack of a Tobi Roppo opponent. A simple equation like one Ulti = four sobered up Numbers. The Tobi Roppo just lost X-Drake so that's one less match up. I would love to see Franky participate in a big kaiju fight rather than have the Shogun pick on an awkwardly undersized opponent like (sabercat) Who's Who, all his previous opponents, just to change up the visual dynamic. I also love how Jinbe continues to help coordinate the movements of other Strawhats so they're not just being their chaotic selves.
It would be interesting to see Queen introduce a new bio weapon apart from Mummy. We saw arrows in the Oden flashback that blinded people even thought they weren't hit in the eye. The Beast Pirates have bought weapons from Caesar and one was even used in Zou. What wouldn't make sense is Queen The Plague literring the battlefield with seastone. How many DF users are there in the alliance? 4 Strawhats, Kid, Law, Killer, Drake. Most of them easily dodging the bullets like Luffy vs Armadilloman. It won't affect thousands of Samurai. But it will have a devasting effect on hundreds of Gifters, thousands of Pleasures, and any Tobiroppo with their large dinosaur mass once Samurai starting picking them off the ground. I'm going to give Queen the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not about to help the alliance.
Happy birthday Jack! On your special day, Oda gives you a big fat offpaneled L. But with that loud pathetic THUD of you hitting the floor we also find out KaiDAD loves you enough to give you special protection. That is after watching your ass get kicked. In the scans, it seems Kaido talked about Jack AND his men. Here he clearly isolates only Jack, suggesting he cares about his elites. This translation is consistent with Kaido's behavior. Holdem being scared Kaido will kill him, Sheepshead being beaten for his failure, Kaido attacking Speed while drunk, clubs fodder all the time. There are no special exceptions for scrubs. Weaklings can be easily replaced, that's why Kaido doesn't care about the downside of SMILEs. Billion berry pirates cannot. Though I question if Jack was "handpicked" as I figure he fought his way up the strength based hierarchy, rather than Jack being an All-Star over Who's Who because Kaido is biased to his fishmen son.
Highlight of the chapter for me. Neko was a wild and savage beast from the start so Sulong was not much of an improvement for him. But Inu, my goodness, from his calm and collected humanoid design, even a pair of glasses to add some sophistication and constrast to the cat to then go to THIS. Now that is a transformation. Look at that hulking chest and those thick forearms. The glorious facial hair and mane takes that bald dog to the next level. It doesn't look like this guy even needs a sword anymore. Should I still call him Inu? He practically joined the fox family with Concelot.

Last edited:
  • I wonder if Page One feels like he lost a brother with X-Drake's betrayal. Now his only companion is a dumb and violent brocon.
  • If Usopp and Nami VS Ulti and Page One is going happen, I would really love to see it as combined 2v2. Weakest Strawhats VS youngest Tobiroppo. The dino siblings continuing their amusing interactions and performing team work, and the Usopp and Nami dream team finally in a full fight like Usopp and Chopper back in Alabasta.
  • Sanji entrusting Nami with Usopp. An upgrade from the last time that happened:
  • Kin'emon staying true to his word. What a legend.
Koby showing master-level observation haki by making a similar observation like Mihawk the Senrigan did about Luffy. I like how Drake looks so displeased hearing for hours on end of Koby's sermon on the book of Luffy. Once again, I have to question what happened to Drake's crew. Is there a single member in Onigashima around? Koby and Drake have their post-TS appearance, so it shouldn't be easy for Drake to meet up with marine Koby dressed like that without any Beast Pirate fodder noticing. Drake's crew is the key here, they are the only people that could cover up for him unless Drake rounds up all BP fodder and lets Koby take them away before they spill the beans.
I've seen some criticism about Jinbe's words not matching his actions but it doesn't really resonate. Luffy got upset hearing how Orochi was dirty and backstabbed Oden, while letting big bounty murderous mermaid-kidnapper into the alliance, some criticism is warranted. Jinbe is highly characterized for being rather honorable and straight forward with his intentions. He doesn't hide his true intentions or where his loyalty stands like X-Drake this chapter. In WCI, Jinbe purposely went to meet Big Mom after bringing her a poneglyph and stuffing her mouth full of cakes to formally resign her crew. She tried to kill him with the wheel, which stopped him for fulfilling his dream and joining the Strawhats so that should have been Jinbe's cue to cut and run like X-Drake. Yet in the middle of the tea party he sits down before Big Mom and returns the sakazuki cup to officially renounce. From beginning to end he kept it straight, even apologized to Opera for knocking him out.

We can go back to Marineford, when Jinbe was put in Impel Down for not joining the war as his Walord position demanded. Why was Jinbe imprisoned? Because he stated his refusal to fight Whitebeard openly and faced the consequences for not living up to his job. Jinbe could have pulled a Blackbeard, completely disappearing right before the war then end up fighting the marines later. He wouldn't be in Impel Down AND he could help rescue Ace. But Blackbeard is one of the most dishonorable and untrustworthy pirates there is, thematically set up as a complete opposite Warlord to Jinbe back in Impel Down, to cement it further both of them fought Ace and established a connection with him, Jinbe showed up to help Whitebeard while Blacbkeard arrived to kill him. All X-Drake needs to do is show some humility and open up about what happened to him and what the plans of this former Marine/former Beast Pirate are. He's basically dancing around the issue while trading blows with Zoro, continuing to make himself look suspicious.
Apoo is just a complete riot. He's that one annoying video game boss that can't be knocked out because he keeps summoning grunts. I like that Apoo is still captain of the On-Air Pirates. He's the first pirate ally of Kaido's crew, keeping their previous crew intact rather than being merged into the hierarchy as a Headliner. I consider Doffy just a trade partner. I wonder if that grants an exception to Apoo's guys and they don't have to eat SMILE. Maybe the stipulation was that Apoo was forced to take care of the Numbers, the dirty job nobody else wants.

It does look like Apoo can control the Numbers to an extent with his tunes. What a tremendously useful guy, Kaido should appreciate him more than any Tobiroppo. Hatcha getting excited over Franky is a blessing. It would be very sad if the Numbers turn out to be child experiments and are at least mentally stuck in childhood, explaining their simple minds and inability to speak, their draw to Apoo's music. I know people don't care about the Numbers, but don't do this Oda.
The context here is better than every scan I've seen. Jinbe is not specifically referring to the power of the Numbers, but that anything can become a threat with enough numbers. I wonder if that means someone like Shogun Franky will get to fight multiple of the sobered up Numbers at the same time to make up for a lack of a Tobi Roppo opponent. A simple equation like one Ulti = four sobered up Numbers. The Tobi Roppo just lost X-Drake so that's one less match up. I would love to see Franky participate in a big kaiju fight rather than have the Shogun pick on an awkwardly undersized opponent like (sabercat) Who's Who, all his previous opponents, just to change up the visual dynamic. I also love how Jinbe continues to help coordinate the movements of other Strawhats so they're not just being their chaotic selves.
It would be interesting to see Queen introduce a new bio weapon apart from Mummy. We saw arrows in the Oden flashback that blinded people even thought they weren't hit in the eye. The Beast Pirates have bought weapons from Caesar and one was even used in Zou. What wouldn't make sense is Queen The Plague literring the battlefield with seastone. How many DF users are there in the alliance? 4 Strawhats, Kid, Law, Killer, Drake. Most of them easily dodging the bullets like Luffy vs Armadilloman. It won't affect thousands of Samurai. But it will have a devasting effect on hundreds of Gifters, thousands of Pleasures, and any Tobiroppo with their large dinosaur mass once Samurai starting picking them off the ground. I'm going to give Queen the benefit of the doubt here and say he's not about to help the alliance.
Happy birthday Jack! On your special day, Oda gives you a big fat offpaneled L. But with that loud pathetic THUD of you hitting the floor we also find out KaiDAD loves you enough to give you special protection. That is after watching your ass get kicked. In the scans, it seems Kaido talked about Jack AND his men. Here he clearly isolates only Jack, suggesting he cares about his elites. This translation is consistent with Kaido's behavior. Holdem being scared Kaido will kill him, Sheepshead being beaten for his failure, Kaido attacking Speed while drunk, clubs fodder all the time. There are no special exceptions for scrubs. Weaklings can be easily replaced, that's why Kaido doesn't care about the downside of SMILEs. Billion berry pirates cannot. Though I question if Jack was "handpicked" as I figure he fought his way up the strength based hierarchy, rather than Jack being an All-Star over Who's Who because Kaido is biased to his fishmen son.
Highlight of the chapter for me. Neko was a wild and savage beast from the start so Sulong was not much of an improvement for him. But Inu, my goodness, from his calm and collected humanoid design, even a pair of glasses to add some sophistication and constrast to the cat to then go to THIS. Now that is a transformation. Look at that hulking chest and those thick forearms. The glorious facial hair and mane takes that bald dog to the next level. It doesn't look like this guy even needs a sword anymore. Should I still call him Inu? He practically joined the fox family with Concelot.
Not Gonna Lie Zou is worse because of Oda skipping the fight against Jack.........Fight literally had the most buildup out of all the fights in the war with the exception of the kaido fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.