Votes: 5 3.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
We did not get an update on what floor Luffy and co are on this chapter. This implies to me Oda is timing Luffy's arrival to the top to chapter 1000.

In 993, we started with Luffy on basement floor 1.

Followed by the first floor in 994.

However, Oda halted the update this chapter. All we got was Luffy and co heading forward, floor unspecified. I'll take that to mean the trio is still on floor 1, and I see why Oda did that.

Had we followed the trend set on 993, Luffy would've reached the top on 999.

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - F2
996 - F3
997 - F4
998 - F5
999 - Top

By delaying the update and only resuming it next chapter, Oda can time Luffy's arrival for the momentous encounter.

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - Pause
996 - F2
997 - F3
998 - F4
999 - F5
1000 - Top

We did not get an update on what floor Luffy and co are on this chapter. This implies to me Oda is timing Luffy's arrival to the top to chapter 1000.

However, Oda halted the update this chapter. All we got was Luffy and co heading forward, floor unspecified. I'll take that to mean the trio is still on floor 1, and I see why Oda did that.

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - F2
996 - F3
997 - F4
998 - F5
999 - Top

By delaying the update and only resuming it next chapter, Oda can time Luffy's arrival for the momentous encounter.

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - Pause
996 - F2
997 - F3
998 - F4
999 - F5
1000 - Top
I thought that 1000 would have been World update chapter all outside Onigashima, with Luffy meeting Kaido in 999, but at this point I don't know what to think.
There's still chance that he just skips to F3 next chapter

Base Sanji vs Ulti, it's a win. Diable Jambe would just be complete overkill. Sanji in base should be able to clash with her strongest headbutt
1. We didn't see Ulti Meteor, a move Luffy was about to year gear 4th for.

2. Any damage Sanji did to page one didn't matter since he recovered right away.

3. Page One took a gear 3 from a Luffy post WCI & Udon training and said all luffy did was almost dislocate his jaw .

4. Base Luffy couldn't even handle Ulti's headbutt but base Sanji can?

5. Sanji would get his ass beat just as bad as Usopp simply because he does not hit women.

You do realize that Queen saw Sanji clash with King? And that Kanjuro was spying on everyone for them? You do remember that right? You also remember that Drake as a scuffles with Sanji and that him and Hawkins knew that O-Soba mask was Sanji Vinsmoke, Therefore both of them working under Queen they told him about that

But okay, let’s say that I’m wrong and Queen is judging them by the bounty. So Queen is thinking that Usopp is stronger than Franky, Robin and Brook. Which is is false and which proves that is analysis about Sanji based on bounty is also false.
Some people say all swans are white until they see a black swan. Rivialle says no swans are white because black swans exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule
Special leave is given for men to be out of barracks tonight till 11.00 p.m.; "The exception proves the rule" means that this special leave implies a rule requiring men, except when an exception is made, to be in earlier. The value of this in interpreting statutes is plain.
— Fowler[1]

Now reread Aokiji's "Bounties don't always refer to strength" with that in mind. Calling back to Long Ring Long Land when we've had literally ten times more where we see people consider bountis as strength in the story — Perospero did that in a very literal sense back in Whole Cake Island, stop feigning shock when people say Bounties are related to strength. It's just embarrassingly fan-canon that's built on pretzel logic

A 10/10 simply for Nami being a badass. Marco is a bonus. Nami absolutely lived up to the title of the chapter. Beaten, bleeding, and threatened with death, abandoning Luffy was never even a thought to her. The Pirate Queen always takes the opportunity to stan her King. Outstanding.

And it’s *perfect* that Usopp was there for it. This is probably going to be unpopular, but I’ve seen multiple discussions about who Luffy’s best friend is, and people *always* try to say Usopp. This chapter demonstrates that it’s not Usopp and never will be. Usopp’s first instinct, as shown *again* here is to abandon Luffy. Be it Alabasta, Water 7 (the most egregious), Dressrosa, here, it’s always abandon Luffy first. Regardless of whether or not he comes back later, it doesn’t change the fact that he check’s out on Luffy the moment things get hard. It wasn’t even a damn thought for Nami. She was never going to lie about it, compare Usopp to Nami on WCI, who fought a commander with Luffy and stared down dearhxas an army marched toward him, and she never once ran or abandoned him despite being scared.

This chapter irrefutably proves that Nami is closer to Luffy than anybody else not named Zoro, and the only person that’s in their ballpark is Jinbe.

Also, yay for Tama! Love that she showed up! What a troublemaker.

Can’t wait to see what’s next, and how Nami deals with Ulti.
Do you truly and honestly believe that Usopp would just straight up abandon Luffy? If you think that then you don't understand his character and based off your examples i believe that its clear that you don't.
Post automatically merged:

It would've been a very good chapter ... and then Tama appeared.

How does an 8-year old girl suddenly appear on the battlefield (alone with her pet), when Onigashima is notoriously hard to reach and a storm is raging outside?

I'm really waiting to see THAT explanation from Oda ...
Simple: the former beast pirates smile users she had tamed back in Wano helped her get here.

The battle has lead to nothing dude. Ulti/P1 aren't defeated, Nami/Usopp will have either a full blown round 2 or just different fights entirely.

You guys like to complain about this but then also complain about the pacing. Oda will not offscreen a definitive fight (i.e., one that ENDS with the protagonist or antagonist winning and knocking out the other party PERMANENTLY). For example, he has not offscreened Kaido vs. The Scabbards. Hes been showing those fights.
While I 100% agree with this, I personally wanted a full chapter of this fight ( even if it was one sided ) simply because it would've been an amazing build up to the Nami scene.

She’s 22 lol, she probably joined when she was a kid
Not to mention one of the all stars probably broke her will.

I highly doubt anyone else in the prison could subdue ulti

Last edited:
Some people say all swans are white until they see a black swan. Rivialle says no swans are white because black swans exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_that_proves_the_rule
Special leave is given for men to be out of barracks tonight till 11.00 p.m.; "The exception proves the rule" means that this special leave implies a rule requiring men, except when an exception is made, to be in earlier. The value of this in interpreting statutes is plain.
— Fowler[1]

Now reread Aokiji's "Bounties don't always refer to strength" with that in mind. Calling back to Long Ring Long Land when we've had literally ten times more where we see people consider bountis as strength in the story — Perospero did that in a very literal sense back in Whole Cake Island, stop feigning shock when people say Bounties are related to strength. It's just embarrassingly fan-canon that's built on pretzel logic
-Aokiji in Long Ring Long Land
-Iceburg about Robin’s bounty in Water Seven
-The whole Shishibukai system

And this without talking about Oda’s comment about bounty.

If a character is using bounty to determine another character’s strength, he is wrong to do so.

I always knew that a fight between Ulti and the girl who relies in a toy for fight would only result in Nami crying in fear and begging by her life. It ended up being even better with she being physically spanked for real,which i have waiting for a long time to happen.
This chapter prove how i am totally right in call Nami weak,pathetic and Straw Hat Crew's garbage.
Chopper is your pfp & the doctor who was supposed to cure the plague got infected without even knowing.

You know what's weird... we still didn't get an oda box for the tobbi roppo stating their name & bounties.

Last edited:

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - F2
996 - F3
997 - F4
998 - F5
999 - Top

993 - B1
994 - F1
995 - Pause
996 - F2
997 - F3
998 - F4
999 - F5
1000 - Top
That's assuming Act 3 won't end before this, but yeah this makes sense

It will be such a drag if we are still on wano for 1000th:goatasure:
993's title page mentions Act 3 ending soon, so honestly I think hes cutting it around 997-999. I do think 1000 is supposed to be a world update. Probably also why these chapters feel like they aren't "achieving" much either outside characterization (Queen knowing Judge, more Apoo/Yamato/Marco scenes, etc). They are good for the manga in the long run but yeah I do get that not much actual progress is happening, even if there are 50-60 characters to cover.

My guess is Act 3 will end with the following:

- Orochi being alive, so will Kanjuro
- Some plot twist involving Tama, otherwise why is she here?
- BMP arriving
- Scabbards losing
- Surprise characters showing up, new or old

I hope someone stronkk since if we are realistic.

Kaido and Big Mom should cuck entire alliance alone but since Oda is to lazy to write proper and realistic fights it won't happen
Still believe some former Rocks may appear on Kaido's side (unless its a later plot), but on the good side, I do think Scopper/Whitebeard Remnants are certainly possible to assist, if in fact the BMP/Rocks come through to support the bad side.

I say this because we still have that person with the Wano clothing not present (unless it's just Kozaburo traveling from East Blue, which is highly possible), and the fact that a few chapters ago, there was a whole conversation about Whitebeard Remnants and even a chapter title focused on it. We only have 2 of 14 currently alive division captains at Wano, I feel like there is a possibility to include more.

-Aokiji in Long Ring Long Land
-Iceburg about Robin’s bounty in Water Seven
-The whole Shishibukai system

And this without talking about Oda’s comment about bounty.

If a character is using bounty to determine another character’s strength, he is wrong to do so.

Aokiji and Iceberg are literally falling about the same person. You listed one point as two.
"Shichibukai have frozen bounties so you don;t really have a point.
- Now you're arguing two different things. Oda is the one assigning the bounties IRL, most of the time it's power. When it;s not, it's pointed out in the narrative. As for the story itself, most characters assume — and consistently so — from Law listing Ceasar's bounty as a danger factor, to Monet noting the SHs bounties c;early hadn't been updated for an accurate indicator of strength, to the Perospero literally saying that his bounty means he's stronger — as he effortlessly 0-diffed Pedro.

Now, of course Oda would say that the marine cannpt determine a person's power-level. There aren't scouters, so bounties represent "best guesses" , like the weather forecast on your phone. If it said it was going to ran 99% and you said "Well ackshually the weather app doesn't always reflect the weather conditions" you'd be correct. But if you got wet, you would have no one to blame but yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.