News One Piece Editor to be changed ( 2023 )

Newbie editor, so I have no hopes.
If he really wanted to leave his mark on the industry, he'd show himself firm in his opinions and try to push Oda a bit, either in being more concise with the storytelling or in finally prioritising lore over gags.
But, like I said, the new guy's young age and overall inexperience with the job, coupled with Japan's cultural subservience to one's seniors doesn't bode well from where I see it.
Plus, given Oda's success, I almost expect him to have carte blance to who mediates between him and Shueisha, i.e. if he doesn't like your ass, he has you changed/fired.

Newbie editor, so I have no hopes.
If he really wanted to leave his mark on the industry, he'd show himself firm in his opinions and try to push Oda a bit, either in being more concise with the storytelling or in finally prioritising lore over gags.
But, like I said, the new guy's young age and overall inexperience with the job, coupled with Japan's cultural subservience to one's seniors doesn't bode well from where I see it.
Plus, given Oda's success, I almost expect him to have carte blance to who mediates between him and Shueisha, i.e. if he doesn't like your ass, he has you changed/fired.
No way the guy's NOT a fanboy

No way the guy's NOT a fanboy
Right? And it makes sense: if you want to become an editor for shonen works and have hopes of building a career at Shueisha, then you have grown reading the biggest shonen of the past three decades. And from a publisher's POV it's also consistent, because you want someone already familiar with the project, so you don't have to have them catch up on 1000+ chapters. Even better, you want someone passionate, so they'll look after your cashcow.
But from a critical POV, it's in this fanboyish cesspolls of complaciency that quality dies. Everybody agrees with you, never giving rise to any possibility of surpassing yourself, of coming up with something better than the first idea that came to mind or the quick paneling you die to get the name over the deadline.

Right? And it makes sense: if you want to become an editor for shonen works and have hopes of building a career at Shueisha, then you have grown reading the biggest shonen of the past three decades. And from a publisher's POV it's also consistent, because you want someone already familiar with the project, so you don't have to have them catch up on 1000+ chapters. Even better, you want someone passionate, so they'll look after your cashcow.
But from a critical POV, it's in this fanboyish cesspolls of complaciency that quality dies. Everybody agrees with you, never giving rise to any possibility of surpassing yourself, of coming up with something better than the first idea that came to mind or the quick paneling you die to get the name over the deadline.
Almost as if forum fanboys wrote an agenda fanfic that gets an official pass