One Piece EPISODE 1000 - Overwhelming Strength! The Straw Hats Come Together

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
W

Wonderful World

Man, this episode, while ripe with nostalgia, made me feel old, but it was good nonetheless. :josad:

I was very excited to see a modern version of We Are! I'm pleased to say it did not disappoint! It got me to the point where I teared up a little, and my girlfriend made fun of me for it, but it's all good, lol.

Every time I see Franky forming the Iron Pirate "General Franky," it makes me giddy like a kid, and I love it. Franky needing to perform some of his techniques himself while riding General Franky never ceases to makes me laugh.

Finally, seeing the Strawhats pose in front of the alliance and their enemies gave me the biggest damn grin. I've been following the series for a long time, and seeing the culmination of highs and lows for each member was excellent, and I commend Toei for adding this, even if it meant sacrificing panels to make it happen.
Bravo Toei.:cheers:

While a lot of canon material for the actual chapter this is based on may have been missing, I can't fault Toei for it because you can tell a lot of love went into this, and it shows. From the OST choices to the great animation, it was all good. Seeing each character and some pivotal moments in their lives up to this point was fantastic and shows how far they and we have come. Episode 1000 was a beautiful celebration of the journey up to this point and was great for fans everywhere. I only hope we'll be lucky enough to keep the same seiyuus up until the story's conclusion.

As for the film RED, I'm very excited about it since we'll get to see more of Shanks, even if it's not canon (presumably). If this is about him, I'm assuming he'll be meeting Luffy sometime after Wano. Otherwise, I don't see how this can be about him unless it's a flashback, which I doubt. I can't see Oda letting this meeting happen in a movie instead of the manga because this is a significant moment for both characters. Luffy taking down Kaido should solidify him as a "Great Pirate," just as he promised Shanks he'd become, so we'll see.

Either way, I'm in this for the long run at this point. Thank you, Oda and Toei, for the great world and characters you've introduced to me and many others!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, sanji is the one with homage of kneeling and crying

kneeling and crying are sanji's top moments:gokulaugh:
:kaidowhat:
Nami was shown crying too, your point?

Yes kneeling and crying showing respect to the man who sacrificed everything for him is his top moment

Just like zoro crying while he states he won't ever lose again was one of his defining moments
Post automatically merged:

Damn dude you’re pathetic
That would be you guys

@Peroroncino remember when we argued about sanji being able to throw fireballs? :kobeha:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
:kaidowhat:
Nami was shown crying too, your point?

Yes kneeling and crying showing respect to the man who sacrificed everything for him is his top moment

Just like zoro crying while he states he won't ever lose again was one of his defining moments

That would be you guys

@Peroroncino remember when we argued about sanji being able to throw fireballs? :kobeha:
it will take three years in anime to beat Kaido :josad: at this pace

Toei will do justice to Jack's fights :finally::finally::finally::finally:
I'm glad that Jack got some good animation as well.

Courtesy of Henry Thurlow(who animated the initial flurry between the beast pirates and the Minks), Masahiro Kitazaki(who animated Jack fighting the musketeers and guardians), Tu Yong Ce(who animated the sulong duke transformation), and Naotoshi Shida(who animated the sulong dukes going into action against Jack and the beast pirates).