One Piece Episode 1003 - A Heroic Blade! The Red Scabbards vs. Kaido, Again Once More

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Episode was alright. Had really nice artwork courtesy of Masayuki Takagi, even though the animation wasn't really all that spectacular(though it did get the job done), with the one exception of the Boro breath, which was pretty nice, and courtesy of Henry Thurlow.

The storyboard and transitions were also generally pretty alright. I fee like some parts could have definitely benefitted from some more movement, like Jack vs the Dukes, but overall, it was still pretty satisfactory.

A pretty decent, though not spectacular episode.

Next episode looks like it has the potential to be the best, or one of the best of the year and will end out 2021 on a high note.

Every anime only, without agenda definitely gonna have Zoro in their minds when this happening.
Anime-only Lanjitards are still the exception, though. They will still be crying "If Zoro can kill Kaido, then our boi can do it too because muh equal hurr durr!" :emohiyo:
Post automatically merged:

5/5 for Momo's beaten up face.:steef:

You're not wrong. This was a goof episode quality wise lol.
Mate, CMIIW, but I think you hate Momoron even more than I do, yeah? :luffydab:

Didn't like the animation for cutting the boro breath personally.
Thought I saw Kaido turn 3d animation for a second also, which worries me that they will go the Kid arm route, but makes sense because animating a dragon like Kaido must be a real pain in the ass.

The worst bit about the episode was the subbers putting in male pronouns for Yamato when they weren't present in Shinobu/Momo's dialogue. So cringey.