One Piece Episode 1015 - Straw Hat Luffy - The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 155 88.1%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

So I haven't watched the anime since Punk Hazard. I occasionally watch a few clips here and there if it has great animation because I am a fan of animation, but this episode had crap animation background! They continue to ruin great animation with these stupid flashy unnecessary colors that ruin the actual animation. Like why? Why is it so hard just to animate Luffy punching Kaido without all those flashy background?
Completely agree. It was far too egregious.

And this is exactly why I hate it, because it does have those unnecessary flashier scenes. We don't even see the punch connect, all we see are a bunch of flashy lights. I don't know about you, but I prefer seeing the punch rather than some pretty lights.
Adding flashy scenes does not mean it is directed better. What makes a scene better directed is to actually see the actual punch land which we didn't get to see. I agree that the animation was better however the flashy scenes ruins the whole segment.
Are you blind?

We do see the punch connect. In very very very vivid detail. I don't know how you could possibly say you didn't see the punch connect when so many of the cuts of the scene specifically highlight the punch connecting.

Me asking you "are you blind" in this context is incredibly appropriate considering you missed something that was literally accentuated in the anime version lol.

Are you blind?

We do see the punch connect. In very very very vivid detail. I don't know how you could possibly say you didn't see the punch connect when so many of the cuts of the scene specifically highlight the punch connecting.

Me asking you "are you blind" in this context is incredibly appropriate considering you missed something that was literally accentuated in the anime version lol.
My guy,

Here is the scene,

Here is some stupid unnecessary flashy lights,

Here is Luffy gearing up for his attack with stupid flashy lights,

Here is more flashy lights,

Here is the only nice scene however the flames are way too flashy and I wish we see a more clear version of Luffy's arms more

Here is a close up of Kaido about to take impact,

And here is the scene where Kaido takes the impact that last all of 0.4 seconds, show me where you see the punch connect?

Here is more ridiculous, unnecessary flashy lights,

And here is Kaido afterwards, where do you see the punch impact?

Like I said, this was directed horribly. Way too much flashy lights that take up way too much of the actual impact and punch.

My guy,

Here is the scene,

Here is some stupid unnecessary flashy lights,

Here is Luffy gearing up for his attack with stupid flashy lights,

This is the director using lighting and effects to visualize Luffy's using of ryou. This isn't that different from all the imagery related to Luffy's devil fruit in that gear 4th scene you linked.
Here is more flashy lights,

This is a cut of Luffy in the process of throwing the punch.

It does a fantastic job of giving the blow a great sense of speed.

Here is the only nice scene however the flames are way too flashy and I wish we see a more clear version of Luffy's arms more

This is a really cool slow down effect.
And here is the scene where Kaido takes the impact that last all of 0.4 seconds, show me where you see the punch connect?

Here is more ridiculous, unnecessary flashy lights,

And here is Kaido afterwards, where do you see the punch impact?

Are you blind?

"Show me where the punch connects?"

You literally proceeded to link FOUR IMAGES showing the punch connecting. So to your question "Show me where the punch connects?" "where do you see the punch impact" my examples are all the images you just linked.

So again, I reiterate, for the third time, are you blind?
Like I said, this was directed horribly. Way too much flashy lights that take up way too much of the actual impact and punch.
No it doesn't, the lighting and effects here add to the atmosphere and solidify the comppsition. Unless you are literally blind, its very clear when and where the punch connects as well as the impact of the punch.

The animator here did a fantastic job of accentuating and following through the impact of the blow, which is helped by the masterful direction.

This is the director using lighting and effects to visualize Luffy's using of ryou. This isn't that different from all the imagery related to Luffy's devil fruit in that gear 4th scene you linked.

This is a cut of Luffy in the process of throwing the punch.

It does a fantastic job of giving the blow a great sense of speed.

This is a really cool slow down effect.

Are you blind?

"Show me where the punch connects?"

You literally proceeded to link FOUR IMAGES showing the punch connecting. So to your question "Show me where the punch connects?" "where do you see the punch impact" my examples are all the images you just linked.

So again, I reiterate, for the third time, are you blind?

No it doesn't, the lighting and effects here add to the atmosphere and solidify the comppsition. Unless you are literally blind, its very clear when and where the punch connects as well as the impact of the punch.

The animator here did a fantastic job of accentuating and following through the impact of the blow, which is helped by the masterful direction.
Dude, the images I provided shows no punch connecting. Kaido facial expression that lasts all of 0.4 seconds does not show any punch connecting. Kaido on the ground where you can't even see his face nor the punch and only see Luffy's stretched out arm, does not show any punch connecting. Like dude, you can't be this bias.

Dude, the images I provided shows no punch connecting. Kaido facial expression that lasts all of 0.4 seconds does not show any punch connecting. Kaido on the ground where you can't even see his face nor the punch and only see Luffy's stretched out arm, does not show any punch connecting. Like dude, you can't be this bias.
mental illness posting.

I can understand if you don't like the "flashiness" but saying stuff like that is just talking out of your ass.

The discussion on this thread perfectly illustates the silent majority vs the noisy obnoxious loud minority case.(eg. @GeneralP123 @sanjikun @L55 etc kinds of ppl)

Facts :- more than 87% of people have voted 5/5 for this episode.
So the opinion of the overwhelming majority is that this was a perfect episode.

13% of the minority however is making the most noise & arguing obnoxiously trying to prove they are some sort of smartas*es.

Lol go cry somewhere else you professional pessimists & cynics of loosers....but wait you dont even have anywhere else to go to outside of this fourm since this is the only place where you all pathetic pituful people get some refuge.
1 million + op members on Reddit , 800k+ subscribed op youtubers, other forums they all disagree with you squarely & you all loosers will get banned pretty soon anywhere elsewhere for your obnoxious & cynical behavior.

You all are a pathetic tiny minority craving desperately to get attention while hoping more ppl join your pituful cause. Or maybe it has become a habit for you all. Well whatever continue on. You are not gonna change the opinion of the overwhelming majority . Deal with it.

Last edited:
The discussion on this thread perfectly illustates the silent majority vs the noisy obnoxious loud minority case.(eg. @GeneralP123 @sanjikun @L55 etc kinds of ppl)

13% of the minority however is making the most noise & arguing obnoxiously trying to prove they are some sort of smartas*es.

Lol go cry somewhere else you professional pessimists & cynics of loosers....but wait you dont even have anywhere else to go to outside of this fourm since this is the only place where you all pathetic pituful people get some refuge.
1 million + op members on Reddit , 800k+ subscribed op youtubers, other forums they all disagree with you squarely & you all loosers will get banned pretty soon anywhere elsewhere for your obnoxious & cynical behavior.

You all are a pathetic tiny minority craving desperately to get attention while hoping more ppl join your pituful cause. Or maybe it has become a habit for you all. Well whatever continue on. You are not gonna change the opinion of the overwhelming majority . Deal with it.
Have you been hit in the fucking head? No one said it was a bad episode.

@sanjikun no one said so ? Really ? Are you fuck*ng blind .... look at this post from the 1st page of this thread & all the clowns who upvoted it.
Well 151 voters (87%+ ) would like to disagree with you.
The only thing that is trash is your life & the same goes for all the clowns that upvoted your post lmao.

You all are nothing more than a bunch of loud obnoxious noisy minority & you cant do sh*t about trying to make the overwhelming majority change their opinions & join your group of pitiful loosers. So deal with it & keep crying lol.

@sanjikun no one said so ? Really ? Are you fuck*ng blind .... look at this post from the 1st page of this thread & all the clowns who upvoted it.

Well 151 voters (87%+ ) would like to disagree with you.
The only thing that is trash is your life & the same goes for all the clowns that upvoted your post lmao.

You all are nothing more than a bunch of loud obnoxious noisy minority & you cant do sh*t about trying to make the overwhelming majority change their opinions & join your group of pitiful loosers. So deal with it & keep crying lol.
Why are you such an idiotic clown? I would give this 5/5 stars too. I just don't think it's hands down the best OP episode or one of the best episodes in fiction.

I would happy if they shit and criticize the ACTUAL bad episodes. It's not like there aren't plenty of bad episodes. Literally 80% of all episodes are horrendous. 15% have some good stuff to them and 5% can be given an 8 or higher