One Piece Episode 1015 - Straw Hat Luffy - The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 155 88.1%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • I like how the letterboxes stand out as if they came straight out of the manga.

• Yamato reliving the innocent dream-like days of Luffy and Ace's childhood as Roger and Luffy's secret desire weaves into one. Beautiful.

• The Vivre card that was supposed to bring Ace and Yamato together actually tore them apart.:catcry:

• Meanwhile, back on the Red Plane-I mean the rooftop..
  • Everyone looking cool and serious until Zoro drops in.:doffytroll:
  • How Luffy ignores and slowly takes his time walking past two Yonko.:steef:

• The Scabbards full of life and joy abruptly contrasted to their dark and bloody state. Ouch.

• That smoothly transitioned montage of all the dramatic scenes leading up to Kaido is fantastic. I love that Luffy's own POV is seamlessly integrated because his friend's pain is personal to him.
  • Kaido slammed by a Hiken no Ace just like the OG Ace melted the statue. :akaman: And the circle is complete.
Another stunner of an episode. Cinematic directing framing every shot as important and allowing the background environment to stand out. Fluid animation that brought out the character acting 110%. A blend of classical and Wano OST choices to remind us where Luffy came from and where he is now. The first half with Yamato and Ace tied together again only to be cruelly ripped apart is masterful. Very impacting to see Yamato suffer on screen, Ace's loss hitting her like a sense of betrayal and a reminder that she is powerless and unfree. Luffy's presence in Onigashima feels much more prevailing for restoring the light in Yamato's eyes, personally affected just by hearing his secret dream, as Luffy does what Luffy does giving hope to the decimated Scabbards and Supernova in the latter half of the episode. Clever how Oden's image and his prophecy is overlaid on Luffy as Kine'mon later asks him if he can carry Wano on his back. Red Roc paired with "We Are" to melt the frigid and tense atmosphere on the roof, making Yonko agonize and his allies feel fiery themselves - what a brilliant way to end it.

Surprised to see another recap so soon after the six week break, the possibility that the hack caused production problems looks real. Oh well. I'm getting flashbacks to the days Sogeking shot down the WG flag in Enies Lobby and then the anime followed it up with a recap episode for each Strawhat.

Last edited: