One Piece Episode 1036 - Fight Against the Dark Night - The Commander-in-Chief of Wano Country Sounds Off

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
For me the Sanji scene wasn't the best part of the episode even though that was a really cool moment. Sanji generally was just really cool this episode.

For me, Momo's announcement in the second half easily surpassed Sanji's moment though.

Also, goddamn Kaido is super intimidating in the anime. Like, holy shit, they did a really good job of giving him a great screen presence this episode where he just flat out murders Kinemon.If only that was Kinemon's actual death. I also liked that they tied in Kinemon's death and his advice to Momo with the final announcement made at the end of the episode.
Post automatically merged:

The character design was off at some points, I don't know who was in charge of that but I'm not a fan of their work.
Shigefumi Shingaki is animation director this episode and is famously known for having jank art.

You can tell the scenes that had more talented animators on them.

For me, Momo's announcement in the second half easily surpassed Sanji's moment though.
Actually that was good, but i got to give props for the soundtrack choice, that made it perfect, alongside the scenes showing the most important members of the Alliance fighting and hearing Momo's announcement

But i simply can't untie the Momo scene from the Sanji scene, because the pacing was really good this ep, and the Sanji scene starts by giving a feeling of hope and trust in Luffy for those in the Live Floor, then followed by Luffy and Momo's announcement, it amazingly completes what the episode started with Sanji. But as i said, the ost here 10/10

An average Brachiosaurus weight 28 tons, an average rotation of helicopter blade tip speed is 670 feet per second. Queen spins for 34 seconds in the anime.

28 x 670 = 18760 rps (rotations per second). Then you multiply it with 34 seconds which equals 637,840 rps. Supersonic speed is 343.2 mps which is 1126 ft/s.

So Sanji kicks Queen at 566x the speed of supersonic.:crazwhat:

Sanji looked great! I wish we had that kind of quality all the time.
Kin's death was perfectly tragic and heart-wrenching. He died like a real samurai.
But I have to take points off for it being a complete fakeout and another example of toying with the audience instead of building a richer plot or adding character growth beyond "He almost died but not really." It looked cool though.
I hate Chopper's voice. Makes me understand how Perona feels about Kumashi's voice. :smoothy:

I feel like Luffy's been falling for weeks. Are they redrawing it every time?

This episode proof that Toeis favorite child is zoro. At manga , sanji was stepping on zoro . However , somehow , sanji just threw zoro to Chopper in the anime . What a lame animation .

In addition , Oda clearly depicted sanji is rotated Queens head. Either Toei workers are very stupid . Dont bring me fucking toei explanation . Apparantly , they love screwing up everything.

This episode proof that Toeis favorite child is zoro. At manga , sanji was stepping on zoro . However , somehow , sanji just threw zoro to Chopper in the anime . What a lame animation .

In addition , Oda clearly depicted sanji is rotated Queens head. Either Toei workers are very stupid . Dont bring me fucking toei explanation . Apparantly , they love screwing up everything.
How does this episode of all episodes show they prefer Zoro?

I'd say that Sanji's scene here was absolutely fantastic. Like, in terms of animation, outside the films, Sanji's diable jambe has scarcely ever been this well animated.

Also, no, you totally misunderstood that scene in the manga. He kicked Zoro towards Chopper in the anime as well. He wasn't stepping on him.

The anime literally made it a cooler moment.