One Piece Episode 1044 - Clutch! A Demon Incarnate, Robin!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm still waiting for an explanation on why her giant demon form worked but her previous giant form didn't.
One of the dumbest shit in Onigashima and that says a lot.
I think they did elaborate on that a bit more by having Black Maria more obvious resist the demon form but get completely overwhelmed. Which honestly, was a lot more impressive here than the manga, where it was like one panel.

The balloon noises at the beginning were super annoying and don't make sense for spider webs.
Also, damn, Black Maria needs some underwear!
Not a terrible episode, but it was pretty drawn out and I don't need to see Robin's big flashback literally every time she's on screen. It was cool to see her go all out, though.

The balloon noises at the beginning were super annoying and don't make sense for spider webs.
Not a terrible episode, but it was pretty drawn out and I don't need to see Robin's big flashback literally every time she's on screen. It was cool to see her go all out, though.

the OST choice on that scene was awful

how do you use cheerful music during an intense fight between a creepy spider woman and a literal giant demon
:kriwhat:

Robin's demon form has panties, good to know.
This will end up being her awakening, this wasn't just a new attack, she got stronger too.

Robin took way so many punches to the face. lol.. The aura and its sfx at the start made me think this was going to be a shit adaptation. But when they removed it a few moments after, and saw the rest of the episode, I'd say this is better than what Toei did to Jinbei's fight.

So that was ice wall from Brook.. In the manga it's not clear what black Maria's subordinates were peeking from when she was defeated.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on why her giant demon form worked but her previous giant form didn't.
I think it's suppose to imply the demon form is larger and has more mobility since it has legs compared to her previous form. It also deals some mental damage cause of its appearance. It also seems like the main body of Robin is the one that transformed to a big demon, while the previous form was just a giant clone.