• 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
That's the thing though.

We don't know if Lunarians can be damaged when they have flame burning behind them or not.

Like, the statement from Zoro of "Why are you blocking, aren't they supposed to do nothing? You're afraid it will hurt?" makes sense in no other context other than KoH Zoro being able to hurt King.

But then again, Zoro is telling seraphim are invulnerable if they have flames burning behind them, and these guys are still kids. So, either of the two happened:
- Zoro forgot that King was blocking and avoiding his advanced conqueror's attacks
- Oda forgot/retcon the King blocking part

Oda has done a poor job explaining and it seems contradictory, creating confusion all around.
The quote you’re mentioning makes sense because king is cowardly. He fears pain so even if Zoro can’t hurt him, he doesn’t know that for sure. That’s what the context was to me.

I've rewatched certain parts of thie episode multiple times. Mainly the King parts, animated so well. :steef:

The last time I rewatched sequences of an episode so many times, was during the Rengoku vs Akaza parts in demon slayer.
Yeah I just turned my brain off for king's tribe powers explsnation aside and just rewatched the last 8 minutes or so exchange for several times, great choice of soundtracks too too

Btw found it cool how they did ultra tiger hunt with the green flame - spin

The quote you’re mentioning makes sense because king is cowardly. He fears pain so even if Zoro can’t hurt him, he doesn’t know that for sure. That’s what the context was to me.
Come on, since when was King ever cowardly? Blocking and avoiding attacks that are capable of damaing you doesn't make anyone cowardly, because otherwise Kaido, Luffy and Zoro are also cowardly.

Plus, if he fears pain, he wouldn't be blowing himself up after willingly getting stabbed.

The only narrative reason to have that part, is to convey that things have changed since before. Earlier, King can allow Zoro free hits and laugh. But now, they deal damage.

And you yourself say, King doesn't know it for sure. King thinks it will damage him. Who knows King's limitations and lunarian trait better than King himself?

If there is a qualm i have is the fact that Zoro has nasty arsenal but they keep using the same moves.

That's a major part of Zoro's 3ss..the variety and versatility it has

But all in all i doubt that makes a difference.

Alber really cool I'm more satisfied with his character compared to how lackluster the manga was.

And....

IS NO ONE GOING TO TALK ABOUT ZORO'S THEME'S REMIX 💀💀🔥🔥🔥🔥

Come on, since when was King ever cowardly? Blocking and avoiding attacks that are capable of damaing you doesn't make anyone cowardly, because otherwise Kaido, Luffy and Zoro are also cowardly.

Plus, if he fears pain, he wouldn't be blowing himself up after willingly getting stabbed.

The only narrative reason to have that part, is to convey that things have changed since before. Earlier, King can allow Zoro free hits and laugh. But now, they deal damage.

And you yourself say, King doesn't know it for sure. King thinks it will damage him. Who knows King's limitations and lunarian trait better than King himself?
Kings entire character was him hiding? He was hiding his face due to fear. He never left Kaidos side due to fear. And once King saw danger, he instantly started to panic.

Jackpot was just him exploding a fireball around him, he knows that can’t hurt him. He knew Zoros stab couldn’t hurt him either.

And narratively, the difference is, King saw a power he didn’t know if he could tank, so he started to panic which is very in character for him. And why would King know his own limitations? I doubt he’s testing them. The only person who knows that would likely be Vegapunk who studied it.

I just saw some stuff online and as I feared they just went mental with these flashy DB style. :josad:

I was waiting for this to end to catch up on all the fights starting from Roofpiece but now I don't think it is worth it.
They seemed to forget that Zoro actually has swords and gave him three magic wands instead.

This was some wizardry fights with energy beams flying around. At one point Rengoku Onigiri turned into Imu’s space laser lmao.

This must be the sign I’m turning into an old man, if people thought these last two fights were any good.