Votes: 12 6.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Can't believe i'm saying this but this episode in terms of quality knocked on demon slayer animation door you could argue it's even on par. I wish certain users were here with us to witness this they would love it
OP surpassed demon slayer decades ago.
Like... look at this SEASONALLY produced 3rd season of Demon Slayer. We are 7 episodes in and 5/7 are actively dogshit and widely ridiculed. CG smoke, CG creatures, terrible action boards. the 2 remaining episodes are not "great". they are solid/good. The highlight so far was 1x 20 second sequence by Abe. That's it.

OP fans get 2 batshit insane episodes back to back and say "maybe it could slowly knock on demon slayers door". Like are you in a comatose state? Open your eyes and watch both parallel. Demon slayer has 1 maybe if you're lucky 2 outstanding episodes per season. And so far this season didnt have any. Not saying there wont be a climax episode later on because there surely will.
But people need to genuinely erase that image out of their head that Yaiba is a consistently well produced action show because it just isn't.
Comparing OPs production values to Yaiba is insulting to OP

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
King's final attack looked absolutely top tier lmfao, they popped off. I'm not even mad he went stupid in that moment if it went down like that. He sent everything at Zoro. I love how they made his flames look, not exactly magma, but magma like, it still retains the orange colour but a couple shades darker and just a bit viscous. You can really tell they're flames but special.

S.o to toei, I knew they were gonna pop off when they took a week off, they had back to back important chapters to animate and they didn't want to flop on either of them.

The only cons to this episode was the art wasn't quite up to par, it was very meh to bad at some parts, and it was a bit over the top could have been slightly toned down atleast.

But man, the OST, the atmosphere was just ridiculous, it actually felt like two top tiers going at it.

Regarding the content of the fight, the anime emphasized that figuring out King's trick was the biggest factor in the fight, not even the powerup. Lunarian's really might be invincible with flames on, more and more I'm thinking they can't remain in flame on forever, I hope it's more than simply "they gain speed" that's simply not a good enough incentive/trade off.

King's final attack looked absolutely top tier lmfao, they popped off. I'm not even mad he went stupid in that moment if it went down like that. He sent everything at Zoro. I love how they made his flames look, not exactly magma, but magma like, it still retains the orange colour but a couple shades darker and just a bit viscous. You can really tell they're flames but special.

S.o to toei, I knew they were gonna pop off when they took a week off, they had back to back important chapters to animate and they didn't want to flop on either of them.

The only cons to this episode was the art wasn't quite up to par, it was very meh to bad at some parts, and it was a bit over the top could have been slightly toned down atleast.

But man, the OST, the atmosphere was just ridiculous, it actually felt like two top tiers going at it.

Regarding the content of the fight, the anime emphasized that figuring out King's trick was the biggest factor in the fight, not even the powerup. Lunarian's really might be invincible with flames on, more and more I'm thinking they can't remain in flame on forever, I hope it's more than simply "they gain speed" that's simply not a good enough incentive/trade off.
can i ask for examples about the art that looked off

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
can i ask for examples about the art that looked off
A lot of the stills looked clunky. Even Zoro's KOH wallpaper scene didn't look right, proportions look off, Zoro almost looked too wide in a lot of scenes.

Episode 1017 is the standard imo, no compromise on the art while maintaining quality animation throughout the episode.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
actual mental illness institution this place.
I've seen very few legit criticisms.
99% is just hand waving "aura bad flashy lights bad, filler bad, manga canon"
they genuinely dont even watch the episode
For real when i was told there would be auras in this episode i thought they meant the ones like in this image, but all i saw was a different one on onigiri