Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason I stopped watching the anime in the first place is coz they always take liberties with the content which completely changes the perception of how the fights actually go in the manga and this episode again did just that with Kaidou's dragon form actually pressuring Luffy whereas in the manga he just got hits upon hits layed on him till he sobered up and went human form again. In a sense the anime gave Kaidou's dragon form a lot more respect than the manga did, but Kaidou's dragon form simply isn't that strong especially not when he's drunk. Also felt like there was some unnecessary animation in this episode simply for hype factor ^^". I'm referring to the scene where Luffy literally released a super saiyan type transformation ki blast out of anger after Kaidou destroyed Oden castle:pepehands:(g2 simply just doesn't work that way lolz). Also not sure how I feel about Kaidou's boro breath attack being fire based ^^". It clearly isn't in the manga. Lastly, I'm gonna be honest with y'all, regardless of the title for the next episode, the fact that it is a 23 minute episode scares the shit outta me as the anime staff are gonna put as much filler as possible to pad out the episode which could unfortunately mean Luffy squaring up with a sober Kaidou in his human form :feelscryingman:. So prepare yourselves for the worst...lolz

Negatives aside, without taking the anime content serious, the animation was pretty clean. My favorite bit of animation was probably the sequence leading up to Luffy smacking Kaidou with his first G3 attack, with him jumping from roof top to roof top and them taking flight before plummeting and then hitting Kaidou with the elephant gun. Luffy's final flurry of attacks on Kaidou was also pretty clean tbf.

Last edited:

Worst

Custom title
Even though they made Kaido kinda fight back which was not in the manga i don't rly see it as a bad thing since it was basically Kaido stopping Luffy with 1 finger and blast Luffy away with his tail xD I mean it's a freaking gigantic dragon even if he was not drunk it's still rly hard to fight like that the only thing they can screw up is if they made him clash with Luffy in his normal form

This was bad sorry....i am not talking about the animation, it was great, but the filler stuff...
1. Luffy's haki i guess??? Can make him shoot laser out of his eyes and explode??? WTF was that?
2. Luffy's elephant gun have the same power as a Kong Gun or what???
3. Speed and Tama tanked a point blank blast breath to the face and didn't died?!?!?! And the suroundings are all fine after that too - ill-conceived.
4. Kaidou have Lightning around himself and so does Luffy????
5. Kaidou's blast breath in the City - i was kinda excited for that, well…all we saw was smoke...
6. Luffy clashing with Kaidou and even overpowering him...nothing to say here...
7. OP became a light Show in Wano, what is up with all the effects? You can say they are nice to look at, but toei is really over doing it here. Every move and every attack Looks like a kame-hame-ha beam. OP became Dragonball now...
Nice to look at, but they give the anime watcher a comepletely wrong picture.

The anime is back at it again, the bad and some nonsense fillers. I completely understand why they have to stretch it and that is not the Problem, the Problem is what they put in there. Just look at them making Kaidou blast breath Speed and Tama in the face and they have only a few bruishes...this is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 83

I was finally able to watch this episode just now and my head still hurts lol, can’t say I’m happy with it though.
I like the scenes they added in the beginning of him going around drunk as hell spitting fire, that was cute, the animation is pretty solid no complaints on that.
The pacing is a problem that can’t be helped at this point so that’s fine. However I don’t like how Kaidou used Blast Breath on Tama, because I personally believe she shouldn’t be able to survive an attack like that (at a close range too). I’m still on the fence about Kaidou “clashing equally” with Gear 3, I was hoping this episode would just be Luffy attacking Kaidou with him just taking all the hits....
Well, still excited for the Thunder Bagua that’ll end the year of op anime’s 20th anniversary!

S

Shura

However bad the episode might be but giving 0/5 is too much.....
Post automatically merged:

Well....Sanji fans might see good amount of panel time in anime regarding his fight with Page one
Post automatically merged:

So Luffy can already evade Kaido attacks the Udon training is so good even before starting .

:feelsokeman:

Sanji fans all the budget will probably be used in this fight so be ready.
:yasu:
He did evade borobreath first time wasn't it??

Worst

Custom title
I was finally able to watch this episode just now and my head still hurts lol, can’t say I’m happy with it though.
I like the scenes they added in the beginning of him going around drunk as hell spitting fire, that was cute, the animation is pretty solid no complaints on that.
The pacing is a problem that can’t be helped at this point so that’s fine. However I don’t like how Kaidou used Blast Breath on Tama, because I personally believe she shouldn’t be able to survive an attack like that (at a close range too). I’m still on the fence about Kaidou “clashing equally” with Gear 3, I was hoping this episode would just be Luffy attacking Kaidou with him just taking all the hits....
Well, still excited for the Thunder Bagua that’ll end the year of op anime’s 20th anniversary!
I see that as Speed being too shocked to remember it right Kaido just missed the shot and the damage was a shockwave damage not direct damage cuz let's be serious if Kaido even touches Tama se should explode

Status
Not open for further replies.