Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they didn't even bother doing a full chapter for this it's quite clear that they weren't dragging out(ruining) the Reverie arc so they can make Wano better(like many claimed) but were and are dragging the manga out so they can milk the Anime for like 3+ years after the Manga ends. Expecting things to get way worse.
Anyway... this episode the movement was nice the ki powerups not so much. The build up to next episode is meh but Luffy's feelings towards the situation were done well.

- Kaido blasts Otama with a named attack but Otama endures it with little damage and comes back two chapters later

Kaido ::kaidowhat:
First of all you didn't see Otama getting blasted... Contrary to how to looks, it's not impossible to dodge Kaido's blasts

The anime added the Kaido charging yhe hyper beam to add the dread and to do those cool light and shadow effects

The mere existence of Speed being alive implies there's other things that happened off screen that we didn't see

Thats basically what the manga did, it's just implies shit happened off screen... The anime just wanted to emphasize how dangerous Kaido is by showing the Beam charging but then again, it cuts aways before anything happened same as the manga

I was finally able to watch this episode just now and my head still hurts lol, can’t say I’m happy with it though.
I like the scenes they added in the beginning of him going around drunk as hell spitting fire, that was cute, the animation is pretty solid no complaints on that.
The pacing is a problem that can’t be helped at this point so that’s fine. However I don’t like how Kaidou used Blast Breath on Tama, because I personally believe she shouldn’t be able to survive an attack like that (at a close range too). I’m still on the fence about Kaidou “clashing equally” with Gear 3, I was hoping this episode would just be Luffy attacking Kaidou with him just taking all the hits....
Well, still excited for the Thunder Bagua that’ll end the year of op anime’s 20th anniversary!
This fight hyped me so much, it feels like Luffy is as strong as a yonko despite he just isn't there yet, it makes my blood boil with enthusiasm lol. I'm so glad I could see this.

@Shura The captain giving it off :cheers:

"They made it seem like they were equal"

Yeah, Luffy actually beat the shit out of Kaido's Zooan form. Wtf is Kaido going to do Luffy outside of his base/hybrid form? He doesn't have the mobility to compete with Luffy. If they make Kaido's base form seem weaker, that's a different story. Here they fluffed Kaido more than anything.

Luffy is well matched against Zooans. It's versatile Paramecias/Logias that he struggles with. I've said this before, but if Jack showed up in WCI instead of Cracker, Luffy would take him out in Gear 2/Gear 3. He can rival his endurance, and his physical strength/speed are superior. Cracker was a mismatch because Luffy wasn't versatile enough to get past his armour, but Jack's endurance is not enough to compete.

- Kaido blasts Otama with a named attack but Otama endures it with little damage and comes back two chapters later

Kaido ::kaidowhat:
I mean c'mon. regardless if it was named attack or just a flick of his finger, her surviving Kaido head on was dumb writing from Oda which existed from his original scans in manga. It was simply to add more drama into Luffy and more anger. But generally, it's oda's fault, not the studio, because Kaido did attack both Speed and Tama, and Oda simply chose to skip how it happened. But even a small flick from his finger would have killed a fragile Tama if we are being real, so blame Oda, not the studio.

Anyway, I loved the episode sooooo much. And I cannot understand what the hell is wrong with people who complain about it! Specially those power-scaling freaks. Not only that, but they are so angrily like "This is not what happened, Kaido was not even trying" when they simply read the fight wrong in the manga.
Here are the facts, Kaido WAS TRYING EVEN IN MANGA.
Kaido simply was too drunk to actually land his attempts. There is even a manga panel when Kaido returns to his form where he tries to attack Luffy but Luffy is faster and attacks him. Kaido is actually trying, he is just too drunk at this point to outclass Luffy, specially with his huge body.

Toei also did nothing wrong with making Luffy clash or block Kaido's attack. Why??? because kaido was not using his Club weapon, he was just using his freaking nose and fingers. Kaido is MORE INVINCIBLE with his club and sober. That's a fact, and was shown in Manga. So, naturally, an attack from his body will be weaker than from his club, let alone, an attack from him while DRUNK which will have less weight behind it.

Toei did great job in some of the extending scenes. And the good thing about "the intensity" that was added in the fight, it makes it more appealing for the viewers for the end of the arc for Luffy to take down Kaido.
Post automatically merged:

Even though they made Kaido kinda fight back which was not in the manga i don't rly see it as a bad thing since it was basically Kaido stopping Luffy with 1 finger and blast Luffy away with his tail xD I mean it's a freaking gigantic dragon even if he was not drunk it's still rly hard to fight like that the only thing they can screw up is if they made him clash with Luffy in his normal form
Luffy can probably clash with his in normal form. It's when kaido uses his club that Luffy would be blasted away. It was even hinted at the manga that Kaido is much stronger with his club than without his club. a flick of Kaido's finger? a clash with his nose, and people are angry? what the hell?

This was that good shit.

The episode animation wise was absolutely insane with a whole host of talents both regular and freelancing on the show. Hell, we even got a fan of the show who posted on Arlong Park working on this episode, and their scene was really good. Easily the best animated episode since Luffy vs Katakuri in 870, though I don't think it surpasses it on that front.

Direction wise, I think you could definitely argue this episode was overall the more well put together and engaging. Although it did have its slight pacing problems in the middle, I don't think anything was particularly forced pacing wise, and overall it felt like a more complete package to me than 870.

So yeah, probably the best episode of Wano so far. That was insanely good. I really don't get the power scaling bullshit people are going on about...

NEP also looks solid, though I don't think it'll be as good as this episode.

It's a fact. Jack has nothing on him. The dude is only 28, so he doesn't have the versatility of veterans like Cracker, Doflamingo or Katakuri either. All he has is endurance, and Luffy can go toe to toe with him in respect to that.

Zooans are Luffy's easiest match up by FAR. He literally spent 2 years by beating the shit out of animals.

It's a fact. Jack has nothing on him. The dude is only 28, so he doesn't have the versatility of veterans like Cracker, Doflamingo or Katakuri either. All he has is endurance, and Luffy can go toe to toe with him in respect to that.
Wci luffy with g2 g3 won t beat jack lol

Wci luffy with g2 g3 won t beat jack lol
Except he would. He matched Katakuri's Block Mochi, and was physically competing with Top Tiers.

Jack cannot create barriers like Cracker or Doflamingo, nor can he hide like Katakuri with FS. He's slower, weaker than G2/G3 Luffy, and Luffy cannot rival his endurance.

Like I've said before as well, Luffy is MUCH better fighting Kaido than Akainu right now, even though Kaido is stronger. He'd be fucked vs. Akainu.

Except he would. He matched Katakuri's Block Mochi, and was physically competing with Top Tiers.

Jack cannot create barriers like Cracker or Doflamingo, nor can he hide like Katakuri with FS. He's slower, weaker than G2/G3 Luffy, and Luffy cannot rival his endurance.

Like I've said before as well, Luffy is MUCH better fighting Kaido than Akainu right now, even though Kaido is stronger. He'd be fucked vs. Akainu.
Katakuri would overpower gear 2nd and 3rd no problem. All commanders can do that without giving it their all.

Finally got around to seeing the episode, and I actually kind of like this one. It still a had a few pacing issues, and I could stand to live life without having to see Otama's creepy over-joyed face from eating red bean soup ever again. Otherwise it was the first in awhile that really kept my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.