One Piece Episode 921 - Luxurious and Gorgeous - Wano's Most Beautiful Woman, Komurasaki

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good episode but I'm genuinely pissed off that Orochi was given an actual intimidating voice. It's a waste of good voice actors on this scrub of a man
We only heard his voice for a little bit, wait until we see more from him to see if his voice will still be intimidating or not. Also it's just a voice don't triggered over it, no matter how much you bitch or complain about Orochi he is still an important character for the Wano arc.

Too early to say we never seen orochi fight in his dragon form if not it dont matter lol
Oh c'mon we saw him trying to kill Komurasaki and a falling roof managed to stun him... I mean seriously falling wood managed to stun this man... and every other time he's been caught in a battle he is cowering in fear from Zoro or Oden... Like really how an you actually believe this man has fighting proficiency with how he's been presented
Post automatically merged:

We only heard his voice for a little bit, wait until we see more from him to see if his voice will still be intimidating or not. Also it's just a voice don't triggered over it, no matter how much you bitch or complain about Orochi he is still an important character for the Wano arc.
He's an important WEAKLING in the arc... Spandam doesnt get Crocodile's voice actor does he?

Oh c'mon we saw him trying to kill Komurasaki and a falling roof managed to stun him... I mean seriously falling wood managed to stun this man... and every other time he's been caught in a battle he is cowering in fear from Zoro or Oden... Like really how an you actually believe this man has fighting proficiency with how he's been presented

He's an important WEAKLING in the arc... Spandam doesnt get Crocodile's voice actor does he?
I dont believe it and i dont care if he cant put a fight and zoro did catch him off guard he didnt have enough time to react to the slash

Good episode.

The first half was great, jumping amongst multiple locations and scenes. Caribou sequence was but a single page in the manga. The fact they adapted that single page without it feeling stretched out was pretty impressive. And clever use of the cover story to help recap on him. This is smart use of filler which also acts as secondary canon. More of this is welcomed. Orochi's voice is perfect. He sounds like a completely disgusting creep, which will sell his despicable persona later on.

On to the meat of the episode, it was all about Bingou and his insatiable lust for Komurasaki. I like how we got to see more sides of him as we recount his story. It definitely makes him way less sympathetic than the corresponding manga chapter did. In that, we get hints to his true nature through selling his family, but we're immediately shown how far he's willing to go for his "love." Komurasaki's voice is also great. There's a real sense of vanity to it, which goes hand in hand with her dislike for poor people. Soundtrack used was also on point, and it really sells Wano as the late Edo period country it's clearly harks back to.

I mentioned smart use of filler, and looks like next episode will be just that, expanding on Zoro and Yasu's meeting whilst adapting a bit of 929. The anime has been on a roll these pass few episodes, and doesn't appear to stop.
I think you can't talk about the Bingouh filler without talking about the directorial choices made throughout that sequence. Namely the smart use of nature imagery consistent throughout the flashback highlighting Bingouh's fall from a rich and stable business man, to someone who is slowly and steadily devoured and reduced in health and stature. Stuff like the ants eating the bug, the tree losing its leaves, and the changing of the seasons all do a good job of visually communicating the events that are happening on screen.

Now I'm waiting for Sanji vs Page One God Tier Animation:smithnie::finally:
I think King's scene the episode prior is going to be well animated(apparently one of the more talented animators on staff decided to do King's scene because he liked the character), but I'm not sure of anything definite in whose handling the Page One fight...

Hoping we get Shida for the transformation at least.

Also, I feel like the additions to the Bingouh's flashback, highlighting how his a bad person, kind of better facilitates and characterizes Komurasaki instantly. Whereas a few people lost the meaning in the manga(namely that Komurasaki punishes those who exploit others) the anime is a bit more direct in its messaging...

Last edited:
I think you can't talk about the Bingouh filler without talking about the directorial choices made throughout that sequence. Namely the smart use of nature imagery consistent throughout the flashback highlighting Bingouh's fall from a rich and stable business man, to someone who is slowly and steadily devoured and reduced in health and stature. Stuff like the ants eating the bug, the tree losing its leaves, and the changing of the seasons all do a good job of visually communicating the events that are happening on screen.

I think King's scene the episode prior is going to be well animated(apparently one of the more talented animators on staff decided to do King's scene because he liked the character), but I'm not sure of anything definite in whose handling the Page One fight...

Hoping we get Shida for the transformation at least.

Also, I feel like the additions to the Bingouh's flashback, highlighting how his a bad person, kind of better facilitates and characterizes Komurasaki instantly. Whereas a few people lost the meaning in the manga(namely that Komurasaki punishes those who exploit others) the anime is a bit more direct in its messaging...
Sanji v King will be hypeeee:finally:

Status
Not open for further replies.