One Piece Episode 923 - A State of Emergency - Big Mom Closes in!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jump in quality from pre-Wano to the Wano arc is still unbelievable.

Really makes you wonder what the anime could've been, if they made the necessary changes a while ago (during timeskip for example).

Pacing, while still slower than in the past, looks just so much better.
That's simply because the small fillers each episode (e.g. Brook in the well, Robin leaving the room, Nami and Shinobu invading etc.) just work so much better these days. They add more depth/background to the story and connect everything.

In addition, the order of scenes and cuts between them is also much more organic in Wano. It feels like somebody actually thought about the script for each episode and not like they just blindly animated and burped out the manga events scene after scene (which was the case pre-Wano).

This episode just reminded me of how much versatile and interesting Big Mom Pirates were drawn by Oda. It's pity none of them got to shine in WCI. I wish to see them get their fair chance to shine in Wano, they all have so much potential and are more than just brute force.
Post automatically merged:

Page One looks trash though. Toei completely massacred one of the coolest guy of Wano, I understand Oda and his editors give the colors but what's up with that Chubbiness..??:kayneshrug:I understand he is a filler worthy character but still..I just had so much hopes..

Last edited:
Aye great episode. the pace is solid, Zoro witnessed how smiles fucked up Wano's people, another reason to decapitate Orochi. Page One's design is very good, better than i thought. these side quests around Wano, especially Brook's are interesting and the sequence they appear at is good. Orochi looking good as usual.

Lmfao at Law not giving shit about Hawkins :rolaugh:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Damn, Toei just massacred the best character in Wano right now. Page One's color is fine but his body design is just.....:whitepress:Can't wait for Toei to ruin the Sanji vs Page One fight. I'm mentally prepare for this:josad::josad:

lol at Page One
Did they finally used all of their budget?
But then again, it's TOEI, they're kinda famous for shit like this
Remember how they animate Naruto vs Pain?
Just Expect Sanji vs Page One to be of that quality :milaugh:

Also the fuck is wrong with his spine?
Here's the manga version

How the hell did they fucked it up so bad in the anime
Now I wonder if Oda laugh his arse off when watching it

Last edited:

Saw the preview for next episode and this shot leaves me concerned i hope they do sanji vs page one justice and give this fight good animation
Its just one shot in a preview that is filled with plenty of nice animation and movement. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm worried that they'll only adapt one kick next episode(I'd like them to do more though even if it just means adding stuff). Considering the animator on next episode is pretty solid, I think its reasonable to have a bit of faith in the episode.
lol at Page One
Did they finally used all of their budget?
But then again, it's TOEI, they're kinda famous for shit like this
Remember how they animate Naruto vs Pain?
Just Expect Sanji vs Page One to be of that quality :milaugh:

Also the fuck is wrong with his spine?
Here's the manga version

How the hell did they fucked it up so bad in the anime
Now I wonder if Oda laugh his arse off when watching it
Toei never animated Naruto vs Pain, and saying they did is not the insult you think it is. Naruto vs Pain is one of the most bonkers well animated episodes to ever come out of a long running shonen. Its an episode well animated episode.

Also, the spin really isn't that different. Its just how that one animator draws Page One. Their name is Masahiro Shimanuki. They draw characters like potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.