One Piece Episode 934 - A Big Turnover! The Three-Sword Style Overcomes Danger!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jodie

I don't really understand your point here.

Haki is there yes, Haki is a spiritual power yes but this doesn't mean that when you animate it you have to go overboard with aura.

Vergo vs Smoker fight used haki but didn't use wide aura.

Luffy vs Katakuri used haki too but didn't use aura weird things except the King cobra thing and the golden cobra thing that never existed in the manga is a weak part of the fight.

Same with the cursed sword I don't mind and even can like the concept but in the previous fights the aura thing was two or three note down compared to this one and this was quite better.

About Naruto I dont mind electricity fire balls little aura etc but the moment the fights became too much aura wise and beam wise the quality dropped.

About HxH this is the same, yeah aura is a good part of the show with Nen etc but the fights were cool even with Nen because things were fluid and aura didn't go overboard

Even here with Gon it was okay and well done

Zeno vs Chrollo too was cool because they didn't do too much.

But the fights here stayed fluid, not too much beams mostly CQC and the aura were nicely put in.

Here with Zoro we barely saw Zoro's face, barely saw the haki in his swords etc the aura thing was a mess.
Those auras looks sooooo good. I wish One Piece anime was like Hunter x Hunter too.

Those auras looks sooooo good. I wish One Piece anime was like Hunter x Hunter too.
I will say that they don't seem particularly obstructive(which was my problem with the aura for Luffy in 915, which covered up the drawings and line work, or at the very least made it hard to see.

The aura we saw for Luffy's fist thankfully reflects that sort of approach to things.

The aura this episode was fully animated, and was intentionally animated in a way to emphasize Zoro's power. Its not a function of necessarily how the compositing is handled(because for when Zoro wasn't being heavily animated, it was very clear to see him underneath the aura).

The animator just went out of their way to make the aura as animated as humanly possible.

And I don't think the aura was really that much different overall. It was just how it was animated. It was still just an aura.

They just animated it like something Yutaka Nakamura would do.

Case in point.

The animation is great,let me explain my problems with the fight, the first thing I don't like how they are using air slashs like they a areare DBZ energy beams (it doesn't help when the air slashs sound like energy beams), then zoro charging again like DBZ , then you have two air slashs making a giant explosion crater, then you have zoro flying though the air with aura around him , then they clash make a giant explosion, I love DBZ but why does one piece fights need be like DBZ fights its fights have it's own look and feel it did but then wano started now we get pushing contest, DBZ auras, giant explosions, flying though air it's just to much like DBZ.

Remembering WCI fights did have some the same problems but not as bad.

Last edited:
The animation is great,let me explain my problems with the fight, the first thing I don't like how they are using air slashs like they a areare DBZ energy beams (it doesn't help when the air slashs sound like energy beams), then zoro charging again like DBZ , then you have two air slashs making a giant explosion crater, then you have zoro flying though the air with aura around him , then they clash make a giant explosion, I love DBZ but why does one piece fights need be like DBZ fights its fights have it's own look and feel it did but then wano started now we get pushing contest, DBZ auras, giant explosions, flying though air it's just to much like DBZ.
Well, partially, thats because One Piece action just flat out sucks. DBZ has more compelling action generally. Also, I wouldn't say its un One Piece like for characters to be lobbing out flying slashes nonchalantly. Look at Zoro vs Kaku for an example of where they did that in a similiar fashion.

Also, funnily enough, the big explosion crater made from Zoro landing the attack on Killer is actually a reference to the destruction he caused when he used the attack on Hyozou. They just executed it with a better sense of scale in mind.

I don't really get why people are opposed to the anime upping the ante for the scale of the series when historically the anime has had the opposite problem, making action smaller in scale as opposed to larger...

Well, partially, thats because One Piece action just flat out sucks. DBZ has more compelling action generally. Also, I wouldn't say its un One Piece like for characters to be lobbing out flying slashes nonchalantly. Look at Zoro vs Kaku for an example of where they did that in a similiar fashion.

Also, funnily enough, the big explosion crater made from Zoro landing the attack on Killer is actually a reference to the destruction he caused when he used the attack on Hyozou. They just executed it with a better sense of scale in mind.

I don't really get why people are opposed to the anime upping the ante for the scale of the series when historically the anime has had the opposite problem, making action smaller in scale as opposed to larger...
Did I say just copy the manga no I didn't, its fine adding more action but do something that is not a blatantly riping off DBZ.

Did I say just copy the manga no I didn't, its fine adding more action but do something that is not a blatantly riping off DBZ.
I don't think you know what DBZ action is.

I don't remember the scene in DBZ where they threw flying slashes and had a sword draw contest.

Nor do I recall aura's in DBZ ever being animated like this, or any DBZ fight being remotely similar to this.

If anything, the action for the Zoro scene this episode was far more in line with just more modern takes on action animation. Again, looking at shows like One-Punch Man.

Hell, at most, its just a better animated, and more expanded upon version of a scene from movie Gold.

Last edited:
The aura thing isn't bad but I just hope they won't overused it now that Ryou will be introduce in the upcoming episodes so that people especially anime only won't get confuse if a character is using Adv CoA or not.

We actually saw it this episode and it looks awesome! just hoping they will be consistent and will using ONLY this type of effect/animation for adv CoA from this moment on and for the future episodes

and unlike how the CoC effect changes through the years

although we have people who loves the modern effect that we're having this arc, we also have the people who prefer the old effect

I just prefer the old style

compared to the new one

Zoro vs Kaku did not get animated with justice honestly, It was good in the manga but the Anime botched it lowkey.Animations were very stiff, no type of fluidity....If that fight got the Wano Animation it would probably be considered Zoro's best fight in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.