One Piece Episode 934 - A Big Turnover! The Three-Sword Style Overcomes Danger!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. Cringe piece. Who the fuck lets these Dragonball tryhard edgelords animate these fights? That oni giri was 1000x worse than Luffy's kaio ken against Kaido

:whitepress:
The aura stuff looks dumb as fuck. Rest of the fight including last episode was great, but Zoro turning into a big purple blob, blowing up the environment into perfectly cut cubes which then is totally fine after the attack is ridiculous looking.
I'm getting really tired of these cheap effects. I recall how cringy it was to see King Kobra turning into an actual kobra made of whatever energy that was, or the blurriness in Luffy attacking Kaido with Gear Third that wouldn't even let the spectator enjoy the actual art of the images. Not only they are all flash with no actual substance, but they are incredibly incongruent regarding the big picture: in two different scenes the same attack goes from looking completely organic to feeling like a freaking nuclear bomb with no justification behind it. There's no consistency at all in this anime's style and I personally find it unsettling, especially if you actually follow the show and not simply watch isolated scenes.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I'm getting really tired of these cheap effects. I recall how cringy it was to see King Kobra turning into an actual kobra made of whatever energy that was, or the blurriness in Luffy attacking Kaido with Gear Third that wouldn't even let the spectator enjoy the actual art of the images. Not only they are all flash with no actual substance, but they are incredibly incongruent regarding the big picture: in two different scenes the same attack goes from looking completely organic to feeling like a freaking nuclear bomb with no justification behind it. There's no consistency at all in this anime's style and I personally find it unsettling, especially if you actually follow the show and not simply watch isolated scenes.
I agree this golden snake was awful, it is a shame because the rest was okay

I agree this golden snake was awful, it is a shame because the rest was okay

I also don't like the redundancy of the animation. What should be a straight, fast move becomes a curved snake and later an arm whose fingers are highlighted in an unnecessary and even anti-chlimatic way.

Now that we're speaking of that kind of style, and going for another animator (this may be an unpopular opinion on my part), Naotoshi Shida's animations tend to feel way too unnatural for me to like them. I literally feel I'm losing my time and missing the natural rhythm of the events when I watch many of his scenes: he's way too over the top to the point of decimating the organic fluency of events. This style works with elemments that benefit from it, but in my opinion completely destroys those who don't. Let's take Sabo's hiken for example: the lightness of the movements fits perfectly his shapeless fire, but how his arm convulses feels like it lacks any bone, and the fire arm flipping before actually throwing the blast of flames reduces the potency of the actual blast.

G

Gran D. Master

Whats cringe is that One Piece fans are this embarrassing in regards to seeing some actually modern action animation finally appearing in the show.

This episode literally had a scene that was inspired by a One Punch Man animator.
Fancy auras and that misplaced DragonBall-esque choreography mixed with random flashing colors doesn't make it modern animation. How about those animators focus on character models and animation FLUIDITY instead of all this rainbow-cubes-explosion-5fps abomination that was displayed this episode?

Holy shit after that ending, it deserves 5/5 regardless of how dragged out Udon part was, that Killer vs Zoro ending might have been best work of animation we have ever seen from non movie One Piece anime.

Also entirety of Killer/Zoro fight, the movements, the choreography was all clean throughout so this might be best animated One Piece fight ever

Once again, this was awesome

My only minor critique is that I wanted to see Zoro contacting Kamazou on that Oni Giri, like I wanted them to find a way where Zoro slashes Kamazou yet gets right behind him but Kamazou is not slashed into piece. Like Oda does that with most of Zoro's attacks but there is no explanation.
Post automatically merged:

What the Fuck?! The anime can't just spend their entire budget on Zoro and leave Kaido off to the side with powerpoint animation.
Who draws more money?
Zoro or Kaido?
You spend more money on the character who makes you most money. Simple lmao

guess the people hating want him to struggle a bit, and not be mr perfect. That’s a trait Mary Sues have. Kinda boring.

Don’t hate the guy tho, just trynna explain why some may dislike him.
Its fine but shouldn't they want him to struggle against an emperor like Kaido rather than a supernova like Killer?

You only have to watch one episode to see that it's the same thing :kayneshrug:
DBZ was never this well animated
Dragon Ball Super only in top moments

For all 4 people throwing period blood over "aura", ya'll really need to get a fucking life

Zoro had aura in his Oni Giri even in manga, look up same scene in manga. And demon aura is theme closely associated with Zoro, I get the bullshit about Luffy's aura but with Zoro it is intertwined with his character

Last edited:
Zoro vs Killer manga version: meh
Zoro vs Killer anime version: 11/10

Man, the animation when Zoro cut Kamazou with his Onigiri was absolutely mindblowing but the fight itself was beautiful in terms of choreography and sword skills as well.
Bro I been saying it is the best fight in One Piece history because early portion choreography was dynamic and every movement made sense, it almost felt like I was watching a Naruto fight on a higher budget and Naruto handles fight choreography 100 times better than One Piece in general.

And then the way they fucking ended the fight, that was literally mad house level animation.
We have never seen a fight with such high profile animation in non movie scenario.

Also lol at 4 people talking shit about aura as if demon aura is not a major part of Zoro's character. He had same kinda aura with Enbima Oni Giri in Eneis Lobby.

This was far better than Luffy vs Kaido and Sanji vs Page 1

Fancy auras and that misplaced DragonBall-esque choreography mixed with random flashing colors doesn't make it modern animation. How about those animators focus on character models and animation FLUIDITY instead of all this rainbow-cubes-explosion-5fps abomination that was displayed this episode?
No, literally being inspired by the most popular animator in Japan and replicating his style and effects is modern animation though.(Like seriously, the Zoro scene this episode literally looks like something Yutaka Nakamura would have done, and in fact, is very much like something he had done)

Also, the scene this episode was mind blowing fluent and impactful animation wise. Are you actually suggesting this scenes wasn't fluent animation wise? The entire scene was animated on animation 1's. There is no higher frame rate than animation 1's(animation is not animated in more than 24FPS, like ever).

Yutaka Nakamura is a massively famous animator well known for his current effects oriented style. This is a typical clip of his work, among countless other modern examples.
I'm getting really tired of these cheap effects.
How are these effects cheap? If anything, they are not only just far more visually effective, but also require far more effort and skill to actually animate. So in literally no way cheaper.
I recall how cringy it was to see King Kobra turning into an actual kobra made of whatever energy that was, or the blurriness in Luffy attacking Kaido with Gear Third that wouldn't even let the spectator enjoy the actual art of the images. Not only they are all flash with no actual substance, but they are incredibly incongruent regarding the big picture: in two different scenes the same attack goes from looking completely organic to feeling like a freaking nuclear bomb with no justification behind it. There's no consistency at all in this anime's style and I personally find it unsettling, especially if you actually follow the show and not simply watch isolated scenes.
Why was the golden snake cringey? It was neatly animated visual depiction meant to hype up the attack.

Also, you completely missed the visual point of the punch. The reason why the punch was heavily animated with wavering line art was to show the intensity and power behind the blow. Your supposed to admire how the characters are deformed by the power and emotion of the attack.

The One Piece anime and movies has done stuff like this previously(though in not quiet a web gen fashion).
What the hell do you even mean by organic? Do you just mean badly animated?(I don't remember the last time Oni Giri was actually animated well. I don't think it ever was...)

The anime does what it can with the production. They would always try to make stuff more impactful than less(its just that until Wano, the organizing of the show didn't allow for the anime to really have particularly great animation).

As someone who does actually watch the show, upping the ante when having better animators on board is literally the point. Its how most anime work. They go from being fairly subdued, to incredibly over the top when the action calls for it. There's a crap ton of reasons for that, but its not exactly a new phenomenon.

This has also, always been a thing that has occurred in One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.