One Piece Episode 941 - Toko's Tears! Orochi's Painful Bullets!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 3/5

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 0/5

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
I think I judged the episode unfairly when I heard we didn’t see Zoro and Sanji fighting yet and just skimmed thru unsubbed episode, it was actually a well paced really good episode imo with quality exposition. The laughter mixed with the cries and anguish on the faces of the Ebisu townsfolk was really disheartening to watch. The exposition on the SMILE Fruits was really great and expansive, cool to see the transformations. And how Orochi dumped a bunch of defective fruits across the town to the unknowing & starving, then they, in turn, fed it to their children, babies that are deformed forever, really sick. The OST choices for this episode were great too.

Orochi said to all them, send him to the other side with your laughter, really fucked up. And Toei did that reunion scene really well. Next episode will be even better.

Wow, it was awhile since I've seen an episode but I am amazed at this episode
I never thought it was possible to ruin this Sanji&Zolo moment but toei proved me wrong yet again

What's with the fucking smoke? they are covering Sanji and zolo
Why are Sanji and zolo in shadows. What in actual fuck? How does that make sense?
Where are Drake and Hawkins there?

Why couldn't even redraw panel 1:1

The music was awful and not fitting for this scene.
The movement was awkward af.

Wow, just wow. I'm amazed how they are able to ruin such scenes.
I've seen the cut out manga panels videos played out more epic than whatever this was.

Last edited:
Wow, it was awhile since I've seen an episode but I am amazed at this episode
I never thought it was possible to ruin this Sanji&Zolo moment but toei proved me wrong yet again

What's with the fucking smoke? they are covering Sanji and zolo?
Why are Sanji and zolo in shadows. What in actual fuck? How does that make sense?
Where are Drake and Hawkins there?

Why couldn't even redraw panel 1:1

The music was awful and not fitting for this scene.
The movement was awkward af.

Wow, just wow. I'm amazed how they are able to ruin such scenes.
I've seen the cut out manga panels videos played out more epic than whatever this was.
Thats just because you have bad taste.

The scene was adapted fine. I would have changed a few things, but the OST choice, the animation and the art were all fine. It didn't need to recreate the panel 1:1, and the shadows gave the scene a nice atmosphere to it(also, the shadows are implied to be there in the manga as well, the anime just gave context to it).

• Trying hard not to laugh, but at some point all the laughing stops being creepy and becomes a forced laugh track in the background all episode.
  • SMILE makes complete sense from Kaido's perspective. Fodder are easily disposable and can be replaced, Demalo Black almost gained hundreds of followers just walking around Sabaody posing as Luffy. And the 10% who gain useful abilities like flying, extra arms, super senses, super speed and toughness become a unique class of soldiers offering strength or utility. Since SMILE is infinitely reproducible, Kaido could have ended up with tens of thousands of Gifters in another decade.
  • Was this scene...

..meant to parallel this one?

:suresure:Talk about expectations VS reality. That's what you get for trusting a fraud like Caesar.
  • Hiyori nailing the line "If this isn't hell, then what is" was the highlight of the episode. Well, if not for that ending:emohiyo:
  • I saw quite a few complete apples being fed to the Ebisu town peasants. Would be funny if some of them turned into Gifters.
  • :hurry: Orochi laughing and doing the happy Orochi dance was great.
  • Toko suffering so much the last few episodes. The directors have a fetish and keep giving Toko more pain than necessary.
  • Imagine if Sanji learned flaming Rankyaku over the time skip. The Raid Suit flying in air and water makes Geppo sort of unnecessary now.
  • Zoro's EHH and Sanji's MMNH together with Overtaken playing was just :akaman:
A step below from the tragedy of last week full of creative shots and a magnificent OST, but still an enjoyable sad episode. I think the problem now is that you can't expect an audience to cry for such an extended amount of episodes, therefore the impact of the SMILE story here is wearing thin. But I have to say, seeding the impact of the SMILE with Caesar's S.A.D. gas and Jack's Pleasure army in Zou, then bringing home like this to the masks the Ebisu folk are wearing was an absolute GODA moment. Orochi's cruelty is only outdone by the Celestials themselves.

Most emotional episode since the departure from Bon Clay back at Impel Down.

It was done very nicely, although I'll still keep repeating mayself again and again: Do at least one and a half or two chapters per episode. That's the perfect pacing for an anime ...
If they did that they would catch up real quick with the manga and be forced to make some silly filler arcs like Bleach though. I think the current formula works for them given they have an already locked down consumer base.

Trash as always.

So Toei just puts DJ on every of Sanji's base kicks now?...
First against P1 they made Sanji use DJ concasse, while in Manga it was a base kick.
Now against Drake he also uses DJ, while in Manga it was a base kick.
They change Sanji's attacks, but don't change the result of it...
Actaully they're swapping out CoA for DJ. Same difference, and more Sanji like