Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
I feel like Toei doesn't know how to do humour properly. They go way too serious, when those moments are gag moments.

All the Queen/Big Mom stuff was pure comedy. They tried to turn into a kamehameha struggle.

Same with Hyo/Luffy. Hyo was pretending to die to inspire Luffy, and when we found out he wasn't, it was funny. Here they dragged it out way too much.

I think I know where you think you might have seen it before. The eye zoom in for Big Mum this episode is similar to the Zoom in on Page One during the Shooting Star Soba kick scene.

That sound about right?

Anyway, its a sort of similar concept, but it still has an original execution.

Or maybe the eye effect at the end is making you think of Jack vs Zunisha?
Post automatically merged:

Nah. I'm 100% sure I've seen the environment break like that before. Like the ground cracking downwards, followed by explosion.

All the Queen/Big Mom stuff was pure comedy. They tried to turn into a kamehameha struggle.
The reactions was meant to be a gag(when Queen reacts to her being fine), but nothing about the actual blow itself was presented like a gag scene. There was no joke when Queen actually did head butt big mum.

They made jokes after it, but for where this episode ended, being serious was perfectly appropriate.

The reactions was meant to be a gag(when Queen reacts to her being fine), but nothing about the actual blow itself was presented like a gag scene. There was no joke when Queen actually did head butt big mum.

They made jokes after it, but for where this episode ended, being serious was perfectly appropriate.
It was a joke, because it failed immediately and right after Queen started shitting his pants. Toei drags this shit way too long and the juxtaposition is lost.

Same thing happened with Luffy/Hyo. That moment was funny because how QUCKLY Hyo switched from "I'm dead" to dodging Big Mom. Toei loses the timing completely by dragging it out.

It was a joke, because it failed immediately and right after Queen started shitting his pants. Toei drags this shit way too long and the juxtaposition is lost.

Same thing happened with Luffy/Hyo. That moment was funny because how QUCKLY Hyo switched from "I'm dead" to dodging Big Mom. Toei loses the timing completely by dragging it out.
I didn't mind the Hyogoro playing dead stuff for the most part. My main problem was that it carried over and was repeated in the second half. I thought the punchline was still well executed with a lot of great visual humour going into Hyogoro suddenly popping back to life, but the repetition of his death scene sort of overplayed the joke.

As for the Queen scene. Yeah, the reaction to Queen failing is the visual gag. But the stuff they adapted this episode wasn't a gag.(Apparently the episode director wanted to adapt a bit more this episode, but unfortunately, couldn't change anything)

Although I would have also liked if they adapted a bit more, for where the episode ended off, a serious tone was perfectly appropriate and works in the context of what was adapted.

Nah. I'm 100% sure I've seen the environment break like that before. Like the ground cracking downwards, followed by explosion.
Its a fairly common sort of thing, so I don't think its particularly surprising. You have any hunches where you may have seen something similar to this?

Maybe your thinking of one of these scenes?

Last edited:
I didn't mind the Hyogoro playing dead stuff for the most part. My main problem was that it carried over and was repeated in the second half. I thought the punchline was still well executed with a lot of great visual humour going into Hyogoro suddenly popping back to life, but the repetition of his death scene sort of overplayed the joke.

As for the Queen scene. Yeah, the reaction to Queen failing is the visual gag. But the stuff they adapted this episode wasn't a gag.(Apparently the episode director wanted to adapt a bit more this episode, but unfortunately, couldn't change anything)

Although I would have also liked if they adapted a bit more, for where the episode ended off, a serious tone was perfectly appropriate and works in the context of what was adapted.

Its a fairly common sort of thing, so I don't think its particularly surprising. You have any hunches where you may have seen something similar to this?

Maybe your thinking of one of these scenes?
Yeah it was probably WCI. I remember a scene where the ground cracks similarly too.