One Piece Episode 948 - Start Fighting Back! Luffy and the Red Scabbard Samurai!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
i liked the scene where the members of the red scabbards all settled into a pose and then came round luffy in a cool group pose and kawamatsu was badass. i liked raizos and luffy and kawamatsus poses the best. also chopper, you do matter but you havent been in wano as long as luffy has. no offence dude.

Yeah that Zoro scene screamed Ghost of Tsushima, very un-One Piece like, but I loved it!
That somehow ended up being the best scene in the episode. I liked that scene more than the actual content they covered because it had such a unique feel and atmosphere to it.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, the episode itself was alright.

The storyboard and art was good enough, but the only scene in the episode I think was exceptionally directed was Zoro's filler scene. It wasn't even particularly animated, but it highlighted the importance of sound design and lighting in creating atmosphere. Just a really cool scene.

As for additions, I liked how the episode added Kidd finally connecting to Killer again. I think they at least set the precedent for Killer to stop being insane.

As for most of the other things in the episode, the storyboard was really nice, but the music placement probably could have been better.

Action wise, outside of Katsumi Ishizuka's awesome Kawamatsu scene, everything was pretty mid. Katsumi Ishizuka's scene was lovely. It was an excellent adaption of the scene from the manga which truly sold how formidable Kawamatsu was, and was able to clearly demonstrate why he would be such an asset for the alliance.

Aside from that, everything varied from either serviceable to poor. The action this episode, for the most part, was pretty underwhelming.

Next episode looks like it'll be better. It seems that Masahiro Kitazaki will have a major role next episode in terms of key animation based on how prevalent his line work and style was in the NEP.

Last edited: