One Piece Episode 956 - Ticking Down to the Great Battle! The Straw Hats Go into Combat Mode

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • 4/5

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
  • Just my opinion, but Hiyori needs to be doing more dropkicks.:catrude:

• Everything bad in Act 1 happened because Luffy went outside running around with the cursed Nidai Kitetsu. Sounds about right.
  • Enma unleashing a cutting wave in every direction the color of Enma. :steef:So that's why the anime gave it a fuller color.

• How nice that giant Oden's full length katana shrunk down to fit comfortably in Zoro's hands. Exactly how Kozaburo designed it.
  • The Scabbards walking for 4 minutes to [Welcome To Wano]. That's how it's done.:goyea:
  • Hiyori couldn't meet everyone because she had to close out Act 2 CONFIRMED:milaugh:

• Wow, never thought I'd see them directly promote something like Chapter 1000.
Good episode to end Act 2. My highlight was wrapping everything up to Wano's best song those last 5 minutes with flowers of hope blooming. Surprising to say this, but Act 2's adaptation was a step up from Act 1. Act 2's lows never matched Act 1's Luffy vs Urashima, while lots of episodes can match and even surpass its highs of the controversional extended Luffy vs Kaido or the intro to Wano. Perhaps the COVID break ended up being a surprise boon for Act 2's quality. I can only hope Act 3 maintains the level of consistency. Next episode, after a break, showing some snippets with movie quality. That one's going to be a blast.

A great finish to act 2. The board and atmosphere were really great as expected of the series director. The symbolism with the flowers was especially a nice touch.

Interesting, the anime shows Kid and Killer in the end while the manga did not. They also show Momo's imagination of Hyori about to kicking him as a 26 year old too which was pretty funny.

The director working on the next episode is the same one who worked on the final episode of Dragon Ball super. I wonder who'll work on the episode/s adapting chapter 957
Yeah Megumi Ishitani

I would love Komaki or Koyama adapting this chapter but since it was still mostly exposition i don't know if they will bring the top staff.

Sanji please go training
Sanji is training to rejuvenate everyone after battle using the recipies he learned.

Post automatically merged:

Sanji is training to rejuvenate everyone after battle using the recipies he learned.
If only he doesn't smoke when cooking. so bad for a so called cook(just don't add it oda, show some cooks ethics)

Last edited:
This was a pretty good episode. I especially enjoyed seeing Luffy and Zoro's training efforts animated in addition to tombstones having been made for Yasuie And Pedro. That was a great touch.

The next episode has me incredibly excited seeing as Drake will be in it
(and likely koby!)
and it'll be awesome to see the Revos again and Blackbeard as well as Doflamingo.