• 2/5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Anyway, decent episode.

The storyboard was good, even though the music placement, particularly in the first half was a bit off.

The second half was a lot stronger to me direction wise, and the music placement was far more on point.

Didn't expect Oden vs Kaido to be animated again. Yoshikazu Tomita did a decent job with it. I also thought Oden flash backing to his family helped with the emotional weight of that scene where he finally gives in.

Shingaki's artwork as animation supervisor was a bit rough at points, but it thankfully got corrected in key places by the chief animation directors.

Overall, decent episode, but a bit of a step down from the last 2.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I know but he wasn't knocked out all the way till the end of the arc. This is the basic premise of the whole ZKK theory. If Enel can recover then why can't Kaidou is my point.
Yeah, but like, if Kaido gets knocked out for good by Luffy, then Zoro killing doesn't really have much weight then, because he'd already been defeated.

B

Ballel

Good episode.

Odea has done a lot of dark stuff the last 2 arc especially.

Shinobu telling the citizen what was.the reason behind Oden's dancing leads me to believe she is definitely not the traitor. Honestly i don't think anybody from the 9 scabbards are either. Then i dont know who else is left lol

Oden was a true monster holy shit, the way he let himself get boiled in oil just to protect his retainers.

and the obligatory Fuck Orochi.
Are you anime only?

B

Ballel

I've been saying this for years, ODEN was weaker than KAIDO, ODA gave a superior representation to KAIDO, when he decided to make KAIDO go at a disadvantage to face him in the castle, people always misinterpreted the hostage issue, it was not something that KAIDO planned, but that OROCHI planned for KAIDO, an offer, it turns out that ODEN invaded the castle before this offer was given to KAIDO, but KAIDO didn't even take hostages into consideration, he didn't even think about it, his impression:
KAIDO had heard the same stories about ODEN, stories that ODEN mentions to TOKI.
kaido knowing that ODEN didn't care about hostages or anything, headed for the castle, for a battle that he would be at a disadvantage in numbers.

As you can see from the battle above, ODEN did not cut KAIDO.
He didn't show to be able to cut it.
Which led KAIDO to underestimate him in his second confrontation and fight in his dragon form.
I explain better here, only that there are no images.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-vs-oden-oda-hid-the-monsters-strength.11197/
Dude your Kaido wank is kinda sick

Then why is he still trying to figure out who the trairor is?

I appreciated the efforts to actually show Oden's mental state as he gave into Kaido and Orochi.

I think that's a welcome expansion from the manga, where we didn't really see Oden struggle with that decision at all.

Like, this was all there was of Oden and Orochi's conversation in the manga.

I reckon expanding Oden's moral conflict, and reflecting on what he had to lose did a lot to humanise his decision this episode.

This scene was animated by Yoshikazu Tomita.

As was the dragon stuff before it.

This stuff is definitely the animation highlight of the episode. A step down from last week for sure, but still unexpectedly good, considering how this was just a single panel in the manga.

Its still crazy to me that that single panel of action was still animated by one of the strongest action regular action animators on the show.

Last edited:
Good episode.

Odea has done a lot of dark stuff the last 2 arc especially.

Shinobu telling the citizen what was.the reason behind Oden's dancing leads me to believe she is definitely not the traitor. Honestly i don't think anybody from the 9 scabbards are either. Then i dont know who else is left lol

Oden was a true monster holy shit, the way he let himself get boiled in oil just to protect his retainers.

and the obligatory Fuck Orochi.
just curious, are you bald fr?

:choppawhat: