Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • A pot of oil? That's an olympic swimming pool of magma!

• So Oden ripped the boarding plank with the Scabbards on it. I thought he just pulled up a magic board in the manga.

• Oden figuratively and literally carrying the Wano arc.
  • When even Orochi gets a sympathetic backstory.:doffytroll: Can't wait to hear what Saint Charlos's deal is.

• Introducing Kaido's special forces......the hostages. :madmonk:
  • Biker Kaido first meeting Oden at the top of Orochi's castle :lumazed:

• Oden got screwed five ways to Sunday: 1) Hostages were involved. 2) He felt bad for the Korozomi clan. 3) He had no help other than peeking Shinobu. 4) He was fighting Kaido from the front and an invincible barrier man who could support him at any time from the back. 5) The battle would wipe out the capital and most of the people who lived there, when Oden wasn't even sure of his solo victory.

• Would have been nice if some of the people Oden saved were here to share their story at his execution
Pretty good episode. Strong OST choices and voice work, but the art, animation and pacing a bit lacking this time. I personally dislike old Shinbou's VA trying to act out her younger self, but her effort this episode was commendable. Some nice creative liberties taken like the visual imagery added to Orochi's tragedy with the multi-colored background flames or the Wano heroes turning out to be demons. Oden fighting Kaido at the top of the castle with sakural petals in the air before they both fall into the castle was a neat little spectacle. The anime did a good job at rubbing it in at how much Oden was struggling and continued fighting Kaido but eventually was backed into accepting Orochi and Kaido's terms. He wasn't a reckless bachelor anymore, he had grown into a man more like Roger and Whitebeard as Kaido pointed out, on top of that he kept flashing back to the consequences for his family. Poor old Oden, he really was just made to be boiled.

The Oden flashback finally wraps up next week, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to the best part of the Wano anime. :feelscryingman:

• A pot of oil? That's an olympic swimming pool of magma!

• So Oden ripped the boarding plank with the Scabbards on it. I thought he just pulled up a magic board in the manga.

• Oden figuratively and literally carrying the Wano arc.
  • When even Orochi gets a sympathetic backstory.:doffytroll: Can't wait to hear what Saint Charlos's deal is.

• Introducing Kaido's special forces......the hostages. :madmonk:
  • Biker Kaido first meeting Oden at the top of Orochi's castle :lumazed:

• Oden got screwed five ways to Sunday: 1) Hostages were involved. 2) He felt bad for the Korozomi clan. 3) He had no help other than peeking Shinobu. 4) He was fighting Kaido from the front and an invincible barrier man who could support him at any time from the back. 5) The battle would wipe out the capital and most of the people who lived there, when Oden wasn't even sure of his solo victory.

• Would have been nice if some of the people Oden saved were here to share their story at his execution
Pretty good episode. Strong OST choices and voice work, but the art, animation and pacing a bit lacking this time. I personally dislike old Shinbou's VA trying to act out her younger self, but her effort this episode was commendable. Some nice creative liberties taken like the visual imagery added to Orochi's tragedy with the multi-colored background flames or the Wano heroes turning out to be demons. Oden fighting Kaido at the top of the castle with sakural petals in the air before they both fall into the castle was a neat little spectacle. The anime did a good job at rubbing it in at how much Oden was struggling and continued fighting Kaido but eventually was backed into accepting Orochi and Kaido's terms. He wasn't a reckless bachelor anymore, he had grown into a man more like Roger and Whitebeard as Kaido pointed out, on top of that he kept flashing back to the consequences for his family. Poor old Oden, he really was just made to be boiled.

The Oden flashback finally wraps up next week, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to the best part of the Wano anime. :feelscryingman:
Best part of wano anime? :suresure:nah zoro vs killer and apoo episode was/will is/be better than oden death

shinobu going through what oden did to prevent the worse possible outcome for the citizens of wano was easily the best part of the episode for me and also the most emotional one. Easily one of the best leaders in the story for me, his selflessness knows no bounds.
If Only oden didnt realize unlike the people he dealt with before, these guys may not have the honor to keep to their word. 5/5 chapter

on to next week
GODEN WOULDNT BE GODEN IF IT WASNT BOILED
:steef:
going out like a chad.The goat.:kata: