General & Others One Piece General Discussion

I believe there are several lvl of power in a yonko crew or at least that’s what the BM crew have which makes them impressive excluding the yonko themselves!!

1- Top 3 YCs

2- prob 1 or 2 at YC4 (I’m not sure if the 4th strongest is that close to be exactly on the same lvl as YC3 so I would say he/she has lvl of their on that the ones below can’t compete.

3- Vets/ some F6 lvl fighters

4- Tamago and Pekoms lvl, which despite being below Vets and YC3 they still are impressive!

5- amande, Mont d or and Bobbin.

I believe there are several lvl of power in a yonko crew or at least that’s what the BM crew have which makes them impressive excluding the yonko themselves!!

1- Top 3 YCs

2- prob 1 or 2 at YC4 (I’m not sure if the 4th strongest is that close to be exactly on the same lvl as YC3 so I would say he/she has lvl of their on that the ones below can’t compete.

4- Tamago and Pekoms lvl, which despite being below Vets and YC3 they still are impressive!

Amande is way out of order... it may just be me but I think she's closer to YC.

1- Top 3 YCs

Remember the first time we saw Pekoms and Tamago? Pekoms wrecked Caribu to another dimension, it was insane! So weird how his perception changed so much until now... I remember shitting my pants when Luffy talked to Big Mom on the phone

Remember the first time we saw Pekoms and Tamago? Pekoms wrecked Caribu to another dimension, it was insane! So weird how his perception changed so much until now... I remember shitting my pants when Luffy talked to Big Mom on the phone
Tbh, I thought Pekoms and Tamago are BM’s second and third YC !! Lol how wrong I was at that point xD
Post automatically merged:

Amande is way out of order... it may just be me but I think she's closer to YC.
Never seen any implication imo to put her that high plus she was grouped with weaker members of the crew. At best she is close to Pekoms! Tho to be save I put her where she at now. I believe she is Brooks fist match up to win as well.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Natalija This is probably a good place to continue this discussion without the encumbrance of character limits.

I’ll admit, and this will come as no surprise to anyone like yourself who’s gotten to know me a bit, I’m a little jaded towards OP after Dressrosa and especially WCI. Maybe I tend to view the rest of the series before and after through that harsh, critical lens now. It sucks, but so does the natural progression of time that wears us all down.

Definitely agree that the characters introduced before the timeskip are by and large great, but what major players have debuted since then that you would say are worthy of that same adoration? I’ll spot you Katakuri, who’s unquestionably the coolest motherfucker we’ve seen in the New World in my eyes.

Definitely agree that the characters introduced before the timeskip are by and large great, but what major players have debuted since then that you would say are worthy of that same adoration?

I'll respond properly, but gotta get ready for work and zzz now.
Post automatically merged:

@Natalija This is probably a good place to continue this discussion without the encumbrance of character limits.

I’ll admit, and this will come as no surprise to anyone like yourself who’s gotten to know me a bit, I’m a little jaded towards OP after Dressrosa and especially WCI. Maybe I tend to view the rest of the series before and after through that harsh, critical lens now. It sucks, but so does the natural progression of time that wears us all down.

Definitely agree that the characters introduced before the timeskip are by and large great, but what major players have debuted since then that you would say are worthy of that same adoration? I’ll spot you Katakuri, who’s unquestionably the coolest motherfucker we’ve seen in the New World in my eyes.
Anyways, YES. I don't know how to English anymore, so know that it's sloppy:

Being jaded towards something as we grow older is normal, I think. Obviously you don't look at things the same when you're 15/25/35. One Piece has never been without flaws though, I just think it depends on what you expect and what you want out of it as a whole. I loved Dressrosa and WCI so I really can't complain about it.

But the truth is Oda's character design definitely improved, you can definitely tell that's his biggest passion now. Yonko crews and Young Master's crew now make Whitebeard's crew kinda unimaginative. I'd argue that he's also improved or at least solidly continued making amazing backstories as well. Characters like Kata or Senor Pink are completely irrelevant for the story line basically, but did he make me care a lot about them? Definitely. He used to focus on the SHs more, while now he focuses on others more, but wherever his focus was, it didn't disappoint.

Kata, sure. Doffy and Law are for me more compelling than most Straw Hats, if not all. Writing his best antagonist that down the line amazes me. Sabo is interesting despite all the Ace comparisons, he's nothing like Ace. Kid, Fujitora, Caesar, Cavendish, Barto, Drake, I want much more on them. He will not disappoint on Sakazuki/Teach/Shanks backstory either, but out of the oldies they're the only ones who are important enough for me to care. SO MANY I'm curious about, but more so in the ones he introduced in recent years. This is of course just my personal view. But ask yourself if you're chasing rose tinted glasses again and being a bit negative about it as a result.

Disclaimer: Oden is not included in interesting new characters. He's a mistake.

Still the answer, his best antagonist ever:

Last edited: