General & Others One piece is a mediocre series

No it's not
Changed yet? :myman:
Nope, nice try tho. I'll give you an A for effort.
I don't intend to. I wouldn't even tell you to keep reading this if you asked.
I've been thinking this entire day about why i am still reading this series, and i couldn't find any valid answer tbh.
I think it only became mediocre after the timeskip with the bloated arcs and the hundreds of poorly developed side characters that took preference over the Straw Hats.
Yes, when the SHs (who are imo the backbone of this story) got sidelined post skip and it became the Luffy show+ whatever side characters we don't care about+ the overbloated storylines and messed up pacing made this manga pull a nose dive into the abyss.

And there doesn't seem to be a sign of it stoping in its quest for mediocrity.
Post automatically merged:

Narutards and bleachtards likes to bait people
Those series suck too, you know there are more than 3 mangas out there right?
But you will still be reading it at the end of the day. smh
I'm trying to find a reason to.

Yes, when the SHs (who are imo the backbone of this story) got sidelined post skip and it became the Luffy show+ whatever side characters we don't care about+ the overbloated storylines and messed up pacing made this manga pull a nose dive into the abyss.

And there doesn't seem to be a sign of it stoping in its quest for mediocrity.
I’m hoping this popularity poll shows Oda the true opinions of his reader. Vivi being so high in the interim results while her New World equivalents (Kinemon and Momonosuke) not even making the top 100 despite having much more panel time should be a sign of how readers aren’t responding positively to some of the decisions he’s been making post timeskip.

I still think One Piece has the chance to redeem itself after Wano since there’s no excuse to split up the crew so it’s likely to be more Straw Hat centric and if the answers to the mysteries presented in the series are genuinely interesting, I definitely think I’ll be more excited to read new chapters. But if Oda fucks up the endgame, One Piece will be looked back on as a series that started out great but declined as time went on, like every other long running Shonen.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
One piece definitely lost a bit of it's appeal since TS.

But it's not that story itself has issues but because of some poor ideas and their execution.

Separating SHs in first major arc since TS until wano is one of them especially when we consider that Shs were separated since sabody.

Then offpaneling important characters and stuffs for something less important or fake hypes which aren't executed well or dragging of sub plots (wedding cake) are few of other reasons.

Also, oda has maxed out world building of one piece to such extent that no matter what he does he won't be able to do justice with all characters now.

But most importantly I think oda isn't realzing that a mangaka must adapt to the changing times and circumstances to keep the story interesting (definitely not an easy task but you expect something like this from Oda who is no doubt one of the best out there).

It's disappointing run in recent few years but I won't call it mediocre.

One piece lasted at top for years and it's not something medicore manga can achieve. And, one must realize that's it's really difficult for anyone to maintain peak performance for 2 decades and still running.

And, story wise (not if you are invested in PL more) one piece still has those elements that can hook you up.

So, I agree that oda can easily push one piece at back of its peak after wano because story post wano is befitting for what oda is quite good at.

Sometimes, sure but overall? Nah, I disagree. Pre-timeskip was great even compared to other major shounen series. Post-timeskip One Piece has a lot more problems but it still has some good qualities. I'm still interested in the mysteries of the series and I enjoy some of the characters (the Straw Hats when Oda chooses to give them importance in an arc). But everyone has preferences and it's understandable that someone would wonder why to continue. I'll stick to the series. I, personally, thought stuff got more interesting once we got back from the Oden flashback. Overall, I'd say that I enjoy the good aspects of the series even while aware of the poor ones.
Post automatically merged:

If one piece is mediocre, what is a good manga?
Vagabond, Monster and Berserk are some really great ones. I'd say pre-timeskip One Piece was great as well.

HxH
Jujutsu
Kingdom
One Piece, HxH, Jujutsu and Kingdom are all manga that are good for different reasons.

To the O.P

The writing for One Piece hasnt changed. The supposed drop in quality post timeskip is due to the big focus on the many side characters that Oda doesn't have the time to properly develop + pacing issues, but Dressrosa was the peak of that lol

Nobody can change your mind, if One Piece isnt doing it for you anymore then you have right to think its mediocre