General & Others One piece is a mediocre series

B

Ballel

I think it only became mediocre after the timeskip with the bloated arcs and the hundreds of poorly developed side characters that took preference over the Straw Hats.
Aka artificially elongated plot to keep the series running and milk the franchise.
The movies are created for milking purposes only, and seeing all these light novels and Boichi spinoffs we can all look forward to another 1 or 2 decades of franchise milking after Oda has drawn his last chapter.

You forget it's like this in most manga.

Seems that a lot of people have a hard time reading the weekly chapters and would have a better experience by reading the by volume or even the full arcs.

The majority of people complaining about pacing and how it was better in the pre TS didnt read the manga weeakly in the pre TS, back them there a lot of times when the weekly pacing was not that good, but become much better when you read e everything together

B

Ballel

Seems that a lot of people have a hard time reading the weekly chapters and would have a better experience by reading the by volume or even the full arcs.

The majority of people complaining about pacing and how it was better in the pre TS didnt read the manga weeakly in the pre TS, back them there a lot of times when the weekly pacing was not that good, but become much better when you read e everything together
I think rereading the entire series after it is completed will be a treat.
Already looking forward to doing that.
Maybe I'll even manage to let the last couple chapters pile up and then read them after my reread for the first time.

Sometimes, sure but overall? Nah, I disagree. Pre-timeskip was great even compared to other major shounen series. Post-timeskip One Piece has a lot more problems but it still has some good qualities. I'm still interested in the mysteries of the series and I enjoy some of the characters (the Straw Hats when Oda chooses to give them importance in an arc). But everyone has preferences and it's understandable that someone would wonder why to continue. I'll stick to the series. I, personally, thought stuff got more interesting once we got back from the Oden flashback. Overall, I'd say that I enjoy the good aspects of the series even while aware of the poor ones.
Post automatically merged:

Vagabond, Monster and Berserk are some really great ones. I'd say pre-timeskip One Piece was great as well.
Another Vagabond fan :myman: