ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

Finally finished it. Nothing special, if it wasn’t OP, I would have probably stopped during the second episode.
Baratie was probably my favourite part with the introduction of Mihawk (although he looks like a clown) and Sanji.
Regarding the characters. I think it was more or less ok, the dude tried his best to be a faithful version of Luffy, it was a bit weird sometimes but that's what you get in LA.
They made Zoro too sad and too serious imo
Nami was ok I guess
Usopp was there to make us laugh, didn't find him funny though
Fuck Koby, even more annoying in the LA than he is in the manga

Regarding the fights. Luffy was lame most of the time
Zoro was good and looked to be the strongest
Sanji was good
Nami and Usopp irrelevant

Finally finished it. Nothing special, if it wasn’t OP, I would have probably stopped during the second episode.
Baratie was probably my favourite part with the introduction of Mihawk (although he looks like a clown) and Sanji.
Regarding the characters. I think it was more or less ok, the dude tried his best to be a faithful version of Luffy, it was a bit weird sometimes but that's what you get in LA.
They made Zoro too sad and too serious imo
Nami was ok I guess
Usopp was there to make us laugh, didn't find him funny though
Fuck Koby, even more annoying in the LA than he is in the manga

Regarding the fights. Luffy was lame most of the time
Zoro was good and looked to be the strongest
Sanji was good
Nami and Usopp irrelevant
Fully agree with the bolded parts

They outdid themselves with Koby - people say LA can't be faithful yet we got the most annoying character translated 1:1

Luffy looked hella weak in the LA. His strongest showing was his first punch against Alvida and his Battle Axe vs Arlong.
Rest of the time he had to be bailed out (usually via Zoro) or just looked like a regular dude strength-wise, albeit rubbery

I rewatched some parts, including the scene with Gin. It's just so random and out of nowhere. Gin's presence is so irrelevant. Sure Sanji feeds some hungry dog of the sea, but this guy just randomly mentions 50 ships 5000 men, figure it out on your own it was Don Grief.

Also like why should we care? The entire scene is so meaningless compared to the manga, the guy doesn't look starved at all ... use some CGI if it's highly demanding, make a better entrance.

I hope they stop ruining good scenes.

Can't get over how they ruined some of the moments I cared about. lol

Its incredible how,after just 10 days after the release,the thread is already kinda..dead? And i finished watching this series last Thrusday,but i remember that day the thread was already kinda dead. I guess the majority of you just watched the entire thing in a weekend and forgot about it. By the way hopefully this damn writers/actors strike ends soon,so they can start working on season 2.

Its incredible how,after just 10 days after the release,the thread is already kinda..dead? And i finished watching this series last Thrusday,but i remember that day the thread was already kinda dead. I guess the majority of you just watched the entire thing in a weekend and forgot about it. By the way hopefully this damn writers/actors strike ends soon,so they can start working on season 2.
That's what happens when all the episodes drop at the same time

People rush to give their takes, some arguments break out, some circlejerking too, and it all dies down by day 5-6

Finished OPLA a while back, it was fun and enjoyable, but I'm gonna give it 8/10 max. The contents are original and I like some of the new approach they made but it wasn't the best Live Action adaptation.

When Taz Skylar got cast as Sanji, a lot of people hated on him, but Taz was the only one who did his own stunts and even cook behind the scene for the crew and staff. Pretty cool dude. So I'm glad that he got justice as Sanji (no spiral eyebrows sucks though).

So Taz (Sanji) is my favorite in the LA. Luffy is fine, Zoro is good, Nami is fine, Usopp is ok.

The best part of the LA is when Arlong and the fishman gang pull up in Baratie while da hood theme song playing in the background, that shit was metal af.

Finished OPLA a while back, it was fun and enjoyable, but I'm gonna give it 8/10 max. The contents are original and I like some of the new approach they made but it wasn't the best Live Action adaptation.

When Taz Skylar got cast as Sanji, a lot of people hated on him, but Taz was the only one who did his own stunts and even cook behind the scene for the crew and staff. Pretty cool dude. So I'm glad that he got justice as Sanji (no spiral eyebrows sucks though).

So Taz (Sanji) is my favorite in the LA. Luffy is fine, Zoro is good, Nami is fine, Usopp is ok.

The best part of the LA is when Arlong and the fishman gang pull up in Baratie while da hood theme song playing in the background, that shit was metal af.
Thoughts on Buggy and Mihawk, Goat?
A lot of us here, me included, think they were the best parts of the series. Mihawk more on the looks part than strictly on the way he was acted (that was my pet peeve).
Buggy was just overall amazing

Thoughts on Buggy and Mihawk, Goat?
A lot of us here, me included, think they were the best parts of the series. Mihawk more on the looks part than strictly on the way he was acted (that was my pet peeve).
Buggy was just overall amazing
Oh yeah Buggy and Mihawk were amazing. Arguably the greatest characters in the LA. They played their roles so well it's astonishing.

Buggy's CGI was done right and his jokes are funny. And although Mihawk's boat debut was iconic, they made him cutting Krieg's ship in half for his introduction is one of the greatest scenes there is. Despite Krieg got wasted by Mihawk, I don't particularly care about Krieg or anything.

And Mihawk pulling up in Garp's ship and sat on his chair and straight up said to Garp's face, "I don't serve anyone, not even the likes of you." is badass as hell. They definitely did Mihawk justice. I ain't surprised since I heard the director of OPLA said Mihawk is his favorite character or something along those lines.