Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
Now, I’m not usually one to complain about a character‘s race getting changed.

But all the Monkey D family have been cast and every one of them is a different ethnicity. There’s no consistency.

Now, even if Oda has given them a big secret like Dragon being married into the family and it’s actually Luffy’s mother who is Garp’s daughter, this guy just does not look like he could be the Luffy actor’s dad in any way.
They just do that to make it seem they support diversity at this point. Consistency doesn't even matter anymore.

They should have cast a Latin American actor. Indian makes zero sense.

Shitflix gonna shitflix. I mean the only reason the main crew was cast correctly was because Oda specifically asked them to, I have no doubts about that.
Oda's ideas for the strawhats' countries of origin do make sense. What Netflix is doing here is throwing logic out of the window and casting as many different races as possible to match the diversity quota.
And despite this, there's still a serious lack of middle Easterners and SE Asians among the cast. The only middle eastern actor I've seen so far plays the fodder villain who goes down in chapter one.

They just do that to make it seem they support diversity at this point. Consistency doesn't even matter anymore.

They should have cast a Latin American actor. Indian makes zero sense.

Oda's ideas for the strawhats' countries of origin do make sense. What Netflix is doing here is throwing logic out of the window and casting as many different races as possible to match the diversity quota.
And despite this, there's still a serious lack of middle Easterners and SE Asians among the cast. The only middle eastern actor I've seen so far plays the fodder villain who goes down in chapter one.
Your not going to find much middle easterners and SE Asians in South Africa

What about this argument?
Can't they hire actors from other countries? South Africa is merely the set's location.

And calling it now, they'll cast black African actors as the Shandians. Just because.
It's alot more cheaper with easier logistics to use talent available at the sets location. You're not going to go out to hire actors from other countries unless its for a major role for example Luffy

Sounds like a cheap excuse to me. It still bothers me that despite their claims to hire a diverse cast their RACISM against middle Easterners is clearly showing.
Creating series is like a business you're not going to waste time and money for useless brownie points.

Also you're insane to accuse the show of racism against middle Easterners their is nothing to support this other than the deranged ideas in your head.

Creating series is like a business you're not going to waste time and money for useless brownie points
But that's exactly what they're doing. Also "brownie points"?!? :kaidowhat: really??
Also you're insane to accuse the show of racism against middle Easterners their is nothing to support this other than the deranged ideas in your head.
Whoa you're getting real personal here. Did I accidentally hit a sore spot?