Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
for novel yes, for something that based on already existed media like manga or game, look also important,
Yes, its important. But its only a small portion of what makes a character a character narratively. Like I said, about 20 to 30 %, the rest being the characterization of the character both real and symbolic, the story of said character, the interactions in between this character and other and everything potentially non controlable that can add to the weight of the character (the "aura" element).

The looks is important to set the first introduction, but its the rest that hold the potential for a character for an author.

Weird, youre french no? Your city hunter live action is good and they look pretty accurate, i thought you would understand
I've not seen the french adaptation of City Hunter but I've heard that its not only true to the look, its also true to the character, hence why it was a "success" at least among fans.

Looks takes you so far. If the character doesn't have strong narrative basis, it will just be a pretty boy or a pretty girl.

I disagree with ussop and luffy, they look pretty accurate for me, but you basically agree with my point, all the other you mentioned are minor character. And no, do you see the netflix cleopatra backlash? Just because they from africa continent doesnt mean they all black.
I'm talking about non-white character, not necessarily "black" people. I don't know about the Cleopatra controversy.

But basically, its logical - because of environmental conditions and biology - to expect non white people in very Sunny countries in stories. So having non white people in Alabasta doesn't shock me and nor does Vivi being non white doesn't shock me either.

In fact, its a refreashing choice. We are used to see Vivi in a certain way and now we can have a new look at her. This choice would really not be a problem for me. Plus, she looks amazing so... yeah.. No bad here.

Yeah, and they are both georgous. If they have good acting skills, what's the problem ?

i just want to see accurate vivi man
Accurate Vivi, is a Vivi that is true to the narration of Vivi in the Manga, the look is only the narrative surface and the color of Vivi's skin pays absolutely no role in the story just as much as the skin of Luffy is completely unimportant, again, the look is secondary. Especially if the author is behind the choice.

Oh yea

That is a thing we can do now lol
That would be too costly.

But we could image a world where the actors are replaced just like in the Witcher.

But I don't really see how anyone can top the positivity of Inaki Godoy in this role.

Accurate Vivi, is a Vivi that is true to the narration of Vivi in the Manga, the look is only the narrative surface and the color of Vivi's skin pays absolutely no role in the story just as much as the skin of Luffy is completely unimportant, again, the look is secondary. Especially if the author is behind the choice.
Nojiko also isn't sub Saharan African in the manga.

so the plan kind of seems to be clear:

Season 2: Loguetown (1 episode), Reverse Mountain (1 episode), Whiskey Peak (1episode), Little Garden (1-1.5 episodes), Drum Island (1-1.5 episodes), Alabasta (3-4 episodes)
Season 3: Jaya (3-4 episodes), Skypiea (4-5 episodes)
Season 4: LRLL (1 episode), Water 7 (3 episodes), Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby (4 episodes)
Season 5: Thriller Bark (2-3 episodes), SA (3 episodes), Amazon Lily (2 episodes)
Season 6: Impel Down (3 episodes), Marineford/Post-War (4-5 episodes)
Don’t think it will continue post-ts but if a miracle happens, following are my guesses:
Season 7: Return to Sabaody (1 episode), FMI (4 episodes), Punk Hazard (3 episodes)
Season 8: Dressrosa (4-5 episodes), Zou (1 episode)
Season 9: WCI (4-5 episodes), Wano (4-5 episodes)
Season 10: Egghead (4 episodes), (assumedly) Elbaf (4-5 episodes)
From here onwards, it is completely assumption:
Season 11: Hachinosu (3 episodes), Burn-Scarred Man (1 episode), Lodestar Island/3-way Davy Back Fight (1-2 episodes), Laugh Tale (3-4 episodes)
Season 12: Marie Jois/Final War
Yes of course, wait and hope.
Post automatically merged:

But I don't really see how anyone can top the positivity of Inaki Godoy in this role.
Positivity ?

That ass face ?

B

Borasey79

god the insistence of egyptian figures being black is cringe af, considering that at some point there were actual confirmed black Egyptian pharaohs during nubian conquer
It's a country in the north of Africa, whose royalty has been all sorts of shades. That's hardly an issue.
The issue is - Oda has portrayed Vivi to be a certain color. As is her father.

It's a country in the north of Africa,
Just because it’s in Africa doesn’t mean everybody is black lmao. North Africans for the most part aren’t black. You’re confusing them with sub Saharan Africans

whose royalty has been all sorts of shades. That's hardly an issue.
The issue is - Oda has portrayed Vivi to be a certain color. As is her father.
yeah the Nubian dynasty when they conquered Egypt. It was foreigners lol

B

Borasey79

Just because it’s in Africa doesn’t mean everybody is black lmao. North Africans for the most part aren’t black. You’re confusing them with sub Saharan Africans
I'm not confusing them with shit. I live... nearby (-ish), so I know what Northern Africans look like.
What I meant is, of all the places to get mad at for having (fictional) black royalty characters, Egypt should be at the bottom of the list, considering its geography.