Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
Oh boi no. Don't expect the live action to catch up to the manga.

7 month are needed for the filming, but remember that between the Pre-prod and the post prod (without even taking into account the legal issues), at least two years might happen in between season. Also don't forget that right now, we are in a filming situation that is "light", we have very few characters, not really complicated sets, and very light action scenes. In the future, the live action will demand a LOT MORE ressources in term of times and budget.

So taken that into account, you can easily multiply 11 years by 2 or 3. If by 2040, the live action is completed, we will be lucky.

That's why I previously said that there will be big changes in the cast if the live action ever goes toward the end.
Oda’s slowness vs real life filming. I wonder which one is slower LOL :D

Well, from my prediction what happen behind the scene, Oda hand pick the main cast, so the actor have what their need to potray SH ( look, expression,etc ).

The other side charachter are up to studio, so they can free to genderswap / raceswap as long as its not affect the main story.

If vivi not look manga/anime accurate, that mean oda not personally handpick her cast. Which mean she not important enough for the story, which equal her chance to be the last nakama is over.

Atleast that my prediction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If vivi not look manga/anime accurate
The look is only 25% to 30% of a character mate.

No author on earth would handpick a character only based on look. That would be absolutely foolish.

And Vivi is not the first to look different from the original material. Usopp, Luffy, Gin, Paty or Nojiko look very different from the manga (and no, what Oda said in the SBS doesn't count). Plus a "race swap" isn't really abnormal looking at the fact that we are talking about a people of the desert.

So there are absolutely no reasons to think that there is a bad choice here. That actress looks amazing, let's see what she can deliver. And lets not forget that its just a rumor, Vivi could be someone completely different.

Vivi is already a strawhat. She is already important.

No author on earth would handpick a character only based on look. That would be absolutely foolish.

And Vivi is not the first to look different from the original material. Usopp, Luffy, Gin, Paty or Nojiko look very different from the manga (and no, what Oda said in the SBS doesn't count). Plus a "race swap" isn't really abnormal looking at the fact that we are talking about a people of the desert.

So there are absolutely no reasons to think that there is a bad choice here. That actress looks amazing, let's see what she can deliver. And lets not forget that its just a rumor, Vivi could be someone completely different.

The look in a visual media is more than that but point still stand

The look in a visual media is more than that but point still stand
Well, not really. When you deconstruct what makes a character an entity, the looks only take a very small fraction of the space. It can be important for fans, of course, but for the story its only a tool to help the characterization.

Well, from my prediction what happen behind the scene, Oda hand pick the main cast, so the actor have what their need to potray SH ( look, expression,etc ).

The other side charachter are up to studio, so they can free to genderswap / raceswap as long as its not affect the main story.

If vivi not look manga/anime accurate, that mean oda not personally handpick her cast. Which mean she not important enough for the story, which equal her chance to be the last nakama is over.

Atleast that my prediction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Watch them go full woke and change Mr. 2 to gay best friend for the show. Sad thing is, anyone who follows anime/manga doesn’t find Mr. 2’s look offensive and he is actually a fan favourite :(

for novel yes, for something that based on already existed media like manga or game, look also important, that explain why holywood LA adaptation of anime and game always failed before one piece. Weird, youre french no? Your city hunter live action is good and they look pretty accurate, i thought you would understand

I disagree with ussop and luffy, they look pretty accurate for me, but you basically agree with my point, all the other you mentioned are minor character. And no, do you see the netflix cleopatra backlash? Just because they from africa continent doesnt mean they all black.

To say "absolutely no reason" is kinda stretch i mean if they insist to cast indian instead of middle eastern, just look at the rumored cast:

And this is bollywood actress

Both are indian.
Im not from U.S and i dont care about the culture war, representation, or whatever they called it there, i just want to see accurate vivi man. But you right, it just a rumor, we just argue about nothing here hahaha[/QUOTE]
Totally agree on that mate.
Post automatically merged:

Watch them go full woke and change Mr. 2 to gay best friend for the show. Sad thing is, anyone who follows anime/manga doesn’t find Mr. 2’s look offensive and he is actually a fan favourite :(
I mean would they brave enough to make sanji, the straight white male beat up queer villain in a fight in this era? Sigh.....

Mr. Reloaded

Legitimate business man
Even if it is fake, they will have no choice but to do this if they want to really take advantage of the IP. If they keep their current pacing, they won't go very far.
Yea.

While the original article was already debunked, they legit don't have a choice but do exactly that. Otherwise season 3 will legitimately be as far as this will go.

The actors will simply be too old after a few years.