Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
I think they meant if we arrive at season 8 or something,the current cast would look like 30 years old and they would not be adapt to the manga story. Unless they do differently in live action,and put more timeskips in the live action story to make the travel seem more "realistic"
They'll either do such time manipulation with the story or, as likely, the arcs in the LA will not follow the same rigid structure as the manga/anime. So we might see more than one arc per season (like with S1's East Blue saga, and likely Alabasta saga in S2)

For example Thriller Bark, Sabaody and Marineford can all realistically be in one season

But these

With how many moving parts and subplots each arc has, anything under 3/4 eps each is beyond naive.
Marineford really isn't that big. It's mostly just fights, fights and more fights. And in live action we won't be seeing all the small clashes.
The main story progression is:

Episode 1:
- Marine forces introduction and Whitebeard showing up -> 5 minutes
- Battles starts until Luffy shows up -> 10 minutes
- Luffy turn the tides and resuces Ace -> 20 minutes
- The pirates start running, Ace is killed -> 15 minutes

Episode 2:
- Ace dies -> 5 minutes
- Whitebeard goes on a rampages until Blackbeard shows up -> 10 minutes
- Whitebeard is killed and the Pirates start to lose until Shank shows up -> 20 minutes
- Shanks ends the war -> 10 minutes
- Finish off the season with it being unclear if Luffy survived the escape and show some small scenes wih the rest of the crew -> 5 minutes

Thriller Bark can and will be cut down a lot aswell, but I agree that this would be harder.

B

Borasey79

Marineford really isn't that big. It's mostly just fights, fights and more fights. And in live action we won't be seeing all the small clashes.
The main story progression is:

Episode 1:
- Marine forces introduction and Whitebeard showing up -> 5 minutes
- Battles starts until Luffy shows up -> 10 minutes
- Luffy turn the tides and resuces Ace -> 20 minutes
- The pirates start running, Ace is killed -> 15 minutes

Episode 2:
- Ace dies -> 5 minutes
- Whitebeard goes on a rampages until Blackbeard shows up -> 10 minutes
- Whitebeard is killed and the Pirates start to lose until Shank shows up -> 20 minutes
- Shanks ends the war -> 10 minutes
- Finish off the season with it being unclear if Luffy survived the escape and show some small scenes wih the rest of the crew -> 5 minutes
That's a tour de force that leaves no breathing time. Everything would have to be so packed, major events/revelations (Squadro's betrayal, Admiral Macarena, Luffy's lineage) would just bombard the viewer with no respite. Stuff needs pacing.

That's a tour de force that leaves no breathing time. Everything would have to be so packed, major events/revelations (Squadro's betrayal, Admiral Macarena, Luffy's lineage) would just bombard the viewer with no respite. Stuff needs pacing.
There are many movies that last 100 minutes and cover a lot of stuff aswell. I really think they could make it work.
But to be fair, I still doubt the Live Action will get to that point.

- Thriller Bark: 2 Episodes
- Sabaody : 2 Episodes
- Amazon Lily: 1 Episode
- Impel Down: 1 Episode
- Marineford: 2 Episode

Streching it out longer really isn't needed.
While I understand why you say that. I think it will be really difficult to put everything in in only 8 episodes if we put thriller bark in.

Because there is something you didn't take into account and its the flashback of Luffy and the fact that we NEED to finish the season on the two years timeskip, that's the best hook for the next season.

So to put everything in only 8 episodes will be very hard. Actually, a good move would be to add one episode for this season. There is too much to include.

While I understand why you say that. I think it will be really difficult to put everything in in only 8 episodes if we put thriller bark in.

Because there is something you didn't take into account and its the flashback of Luffy and the fact that we NEED to finish the season on the two years timeskip, that's the best hook for the next season.

So to put everything in only 8 episodes will be very hard. Actually, a good move would be to add one episode for this season. There is too much to include.
I agree that Thriller Bark should be in the season before this. A season from Sabaody till the timeskipp would feel better as a whole.

I agree that Thriller Bark should be in the season before this. A season from Sabaody till the timeskipp would feel better as a whole.
The problem is that thriller bark, while shorter than the rest, will necessitate at least 2 episodes. And I just tried sequencing as much as I can water Seven, but it really needs at least 7 full episodes and the eights one will not be enough to really starts thriller Bark.

Also I don't really like the fact of putting sabaody at the very beginning of the season. It just feels off. Sabaody must end on a cliffhanger so it must be either a midpoint like you suggested or the very end of the season. And I really don't see them adding 2/3 episodes to Water Seven.

They could do something unexpected and create a short season especially for Thriller Bark and Sabaody but that's unlikely.

Its a bit of a conendrum. They will have to make hard choices or add at least one episode in.

The problem is that thriller bark, while shorter than the rest, will necessitate at least 2 episodes. And I just tried sequencing as much as I can water Seven, but it really needs at least 7 full episodes and the eights one will not be enough to really starts thriller Bark.

Also I don't really like the fact of putting sabaody at the very beginning of the season. It just feels off. Sabaody must end on a cliffhanger so it must be either a midpoint like you suggested or the very end of the season. And I really don't see them adding 2/3 episodes to Water Seven.

They could do something unexpected and create a short season especially for Thriller Bark and Sabaody but that's unlikely.

Its a bit of a conendrum. They will have to make hard choices or add at least one episode in.
A Haloween Thriller Bark special between two seasons could be the sollution :luchosop:

so the plan kind of seems to be clear:

Season 2: Loguetown (1 episode), Reverse Mountain (1 episode), Whiskey Peak (1episode), Little Garden (1-1.5 episodes), Drum Island (1-1.5 episodes), Alabasta (3-4 episodes)
Season 3: Jaya (3-4 episodes), Skypiea (4-5 episodes)
Season 4: LRLL (1 episode), Water 7 (3 episodes), Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby (4 episodes)
Season 5: Thriller Bark (2-3 episodes), SA (3 episodes), Amazon Lily (2 episodes)
Season 6: Impel Down (3 episodes), Marineford/Post-War (4-5 episodes)
Don’t think it will continue post-ts but if a miracle happens, following are my guesses:
Season 7: Return to Sabaody (1 episode), FMI (4 episodes), Punk Hazard (3 episodes)
Season 8: Dressrosa (4-5 episodes), Zou (1 episode)
Season 9: WCI (4-5 episodes), Wano (4-5 episodes)
Season 10: Egghead (4 episodes), (assumedly) Elbaf (4-5 episodes)
From here onwards, it is completely assumption:
Season 11: Hachinosu (3 episodes), Burn-Scarred Man (1 episode), Lodestar Island/3-way Davy Back Fight (1-2 episodes), Laugh Tale (3-4 episodes)
Season 12: Marie Jois/Final War

so the plan kind of seems to be clear:

Season 2: Loguetown (1 episode), Reverse Mountain (1 episode), Whiskey Peak (1episode), Little Garden (1-1.5 episodes), Drum Island (1-1.5 episodes), Alabasta (3-4 episodes)
Season 3: Jaya (3-4 episodes), Skypiea (4-5 episodes)
Season 4: LRLL (1 episode), Water 7 (3 episodes), Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby (4 episodes)
Season 5: Thriller Bark (2-3 episodes), SA (3 episodes), Amazon Lily (2 episodes)
Season 6: Impel Down (3 episodes), Marineford/Post-War (4-5 episodes)
Don’t think it will continue post-ts but if a miracle happens, following are my guesses:
Season 7: Return to Sabaody (1 episode), FMI (4 episodes), Punk Hazard (3 episodes)
Season 8: Dressrosa (4-5 episodes), Zou (1 episode)
Season 9: WCI (4-5 episodes), Wano (4-5 episodes)
Season 10: Egghead (4 episodes), (assumedly) Elbaf (4-5 episodes)
From here onwards, it is completely assumption:
Season 11: Hachinosu (3 episodes), Burn-Scarred Man (1 episode), Lodestar Island/3-way Davy Back Fight (1-2 episodes), Laugh Tale (3-4 episodes)
Season 12: Marie Jois/Final War
So the manga has 11 years to finish before the Live Action, is going to be a close one

well Oda is essentially a George R.R. Martin from the parallel universe. I think the live action may catch up to the manga and try to add story arcs on their own LOL
So the manga has 11 years to finish before the Live Action, is going to be a close one
Oh boi no. Don't expect the live action to catch up to the manga.

7 month are needed for the filming, but remember that between the Pre-prod and the post prod (without even taking into account the legal issues), at least two years might happen in between season. Also don't forget that right now, we are in a filming situation that is "light", we have very few characters, not really complicated sets, and very light action scenes. In the future, the live action will demand a LOT MORE ressources in term of times and budget.

So taken that into account, you can easily multiply 11 years by 2 or 3. If by 2040, the live action is completed, we will be lucky.

That's why I previously said that there will be big changes in the cast if the live action ever goes toward the end.