Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Emily rudd isn't Nami? This show is dead then
Probably the same reason why Lewis Tan is not Zoro, both where too "old" for playing Nami and Zoro, they probably planning 10years ahead into the future and emily rudd would be 38years old in that case. They take young actors knowing One piece take much time and not just end easily in 2-3years.

Because that no Lewis Tan or Emily Rudd....

Probably the same reason why Lewis Tan is not Zoro, both where too "old" for playing Nami and Zoro, they probably planning 10years ahead into the future and emily rudd would be 38years old in that case. They take young actors knowing One piece take much time and not just end easily in 2-3years.

Because that no Lewis Tan or Emily Rudd....
It's a shame
Even at 30ish Emily would look young enough
Nami herself looks more than 25 post ts anyaway
The show is gonna get canceled anyway
I don't think we go more than 2 seasons so i would have liked to see Emily

Lets face it,unless it will be a big hit on a Stranger Things or House of Cards level,no way this show will last more than 3 seasons! Netflix usually cancels all their shows after season 3. The exceptions gets made if they really find a big big hit,but i doubt One Piece will have that level of success,its a tv show based on a manga after all,so its not a show for everybody,so i think this show wont tell the complete story and around mid-season 2 will change completely from the manga to develop its own ending. Or it wont have a ending at all!

S

stealthblack

Lets face it,unless it will be a big hit on a Stranger Things or House of Cards level,no way this show will last more than 3 seasons! Netflix usually cancels all their shows after season 3. The exceptions gets made if they really find a big big hit,but i doubt One Piece will have that level of success,its a tv show based on a manga after all,so its not a show for everybody,so i think this show wont tell the complete story and around mid-season 2 will change completely from the manga to develop its own ending. Or it wont have a ending at all!
The problem with netflix is that they need popular manga. Disney+ has marvel, star wars, disney anything and if netflix doesn't pull something big, disney+ will most likely surpass it, hbo max is growing very fast with DC and all big screen movies released on hbo max.

if one piece doesn't work, it will be a bigger blow for netflix then op

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
If it's real, the cast would be like this.

Luffy - Max Charles (17) https://www.instagram.com/maxcharles1/
Nami - Taylor Richardson (19) https://www.instagram.com/misstaylorrichardson/
Usopp - Marcus Scribner (21) https://www.instagram.com/marcusscribner/
Sanji - Alex Lange (20) https://www.instagram.com/alexlange/
Edit: Taken from "dropper", a user of another forum.​
Mixed on these. Mackenyu as Zoro is actually a really good choice. He'll be playing Enishi in the live action adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin's Jinchu arc. Enishi is a man that's driven with one goal: Taking revenge on Kenshin. We will see a lot of intensity from his performance that could translate well into his role as Zoro. He's also just a solid actor all around. See him in Over Drive where he plays a reckless and talented racer, and you'll be convinced he's a good Zoro.

Max Charles is very young. That can work for Luffy the eternal kid, but I'm not familiar with his work besides his voice work on the Lion Guard.

Taylor Richardson, I only remember a bit from Rise, but nothing more. She's just not Nami, imo. Nami's adorable, but she's got a spunk and mischievous side to her I don't see from Richardson.

Marcus Scribner has the chops, but I think he'd be better fit for post-timeskip Usopp than pre-timeskip.

Alex Lange is the one I'm least familiar with, and while he's good looking, he's more of the jock type. Sanji gives off of a young Dicaprio vibe. I'll see what he can do with the part.

If these aren't true, I retract what I say and wait, but for now, these are my first impressions.