Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It seems they are really going for a 1 on 1 adaptation, not sure that is going to work out. Very afraid this will be the biggest flop in filming for the last decade.
Has Roger been cast yet?

Not sure if someone has posted this yet but the production designer mentioned that it has a budget on par with a Marvel Movie.
The Marvel movie with the lowest budget is Ant-Man with a 130 Million dollar budget
Its 10 per episode
He is talking out of his ass
Post automatically merged:

Nojiko and Nami are literally adopted...we also have no clue what her race is. Shes also a minor role. And theirs barely any black characters in OP.

Not a big deal
Sure a race change is no big deal, but what else are they willing to change honestly.
Also with a series thats already gonna have negative response upfront, any controversial decisions are only gonna hurt iy more.

“Same budget as GOT per episode”
10m per episode… keep crying into your pillow bro
I'll repeat, you have no idea what you're talking about.

This 10 million per episode / GOT talk came from a random article writer who based this estimative on something Marty said back in July, 2017 at the 20th anniversary.

He said something like "I expect this to be one of the most expensive shows ever made", which at the time was GOT with around 10 million, but since then the price for TV series has grown a lot, 10 million now it's considered mid.

Marty never said anything about 10M, this is just another internet thing, people take speculations/rumors as truth and other people just buy it without knowing anything.

And with the Production Designer saying that this is comparable to big Marvel movies... and with the lowest Marvel movie budget being like 130M, you do the math.

Last edited:
I'll repeat, you have no idea what you're talking about.

This 10 million per episode / GOT talk came from a random article writer who based this estimative on something Marty said back in July, 2017 at the 20th anniversary.

He said something like "I expect this to be one of the most expensive shows ever made", which at the time was GOT with around 10 million, but since then the price for TV series has grown a lot, 10 million now it's considered mid.

Marty never said anything about 10M, this is just another internet thing, people take speculations/rumors as truth and other people just buy it without knowing anything.

And with the Production Designer saying that this is comparable to big Marvel movies... and with the lowest Marvel movie budget being like 130M, you do the math.
Exactly lol. I expect it to be around 15 mil tbh considering Avatar got it too. The only problem rn is there only being 8 episodes only but let’s see.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
In a recent interview, Tim Southam (one of the Directors) said and I quote "an 8 episodes show".
Post automatically merged:

But yeah, nothing official as of yet, maybe he misspoke/mistook or something... It's not impossible, but I seriously doubt it.
ohhhh ok :christindeed:

I am so so so excited for Mackenyu playing Zoro :emohiyo:

If all else fails I believe in him :catsweat:
I am seeing first episode, If I don’t like Luffy, then I am dropping the series. I have some high hopes for Inaki, but for now he looks more of a sped to me instead of an insanely charming reckless idiot 🗿 I swear to god if they don’t straighten his hair for the show. Luffy is not curly haired