Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They are spending on it more than any Show ever
That's old news actually. Many projects have been announced with bigger budgets. Iirc the ongoing show Wheel of Time has a budget of $100 million for 8 episodes. That's around $12.5 million per episode whereas OP was rumored to be $9-10 million. Also, the new Lord of the Rings series is set to have a $465 million budget, which is ridiculous tbh. Also, there may be other shows too. But yeah, OP is certainly up there with the budget. I hope they increase it too as the news for $10 million is pretty old.

That's old news actually. Many projects have been announced with bigger budgets. Iirc the ongoing show Wheel of Time has a budget of $100 million for 8 episodes. That's around $12.5 million per episode whereas OP was rumored to be $9-10 million. Also, the new Lord of the Rings series is set to have a $465 million budget, which is ridiculous tbh. Also, there may be other shows too. But yeah, OP is certainly up there with the budget. I hope they increase it too as the news for $10 million is pretty old.
Witcher S1 had a budget of 10mil per episode and the series was a major success. S2 has a 15 mil budget per episode.

So OP having that budget is no excuse for failure

Yes, expect
-painful Whedon quips instead of writing
-random ass changes to the canon for no good reason (Kuro will be a woman, Zoro will have a little sister)
-the Strawhats will merrily murder people and make jokes about it
-Krieg will turn into a whining bitch and Gin (also a woman, or potentially a gay love interest for Krieg who flirts with Sanji will kill him and try and take his place as captain
-they’ll sanctimoniously congratulate themselves on how they aren’t going to sexualise Nami but then randomly give her a full blown lesbian sex scene
-Speaking of Nami, she will also be a dreadful #GirlBoss who painfully curses (who says nutbags?) every five seconds and it Just As Strong As The Men! Probably will beat Arlong

I still don’t think One Piece is impossible to adapt, Cowboy Bebop certainly wasn’t, but I don’t have faith in this team doing it
Kill me already

I mean, people early on in this very thread were expecting the casting to be this:

But we got a decent one actually where they respected the races, at least imo. I'm still cautiously optimistic, but let's see.
The casting for the main characters of Cowboy Bebop wasn’t the problem. Okay, Cho was too old to be Spike, but we’ve already went that way with a 28 year old Nami.

It was everything else that went downhill

The casting for the main characters of Cowboy Bebop wasn’t the problem. Okay, Cho was too old to be Spike, but we’ve already went that way with a 28 year old Nami.

It was everything else that went downhill
I think writing was also one of the biggest problems if the series. They didn't even get the show himself. OP's writer on the other hand is a big fan of the series. Also, the creator of Bebop wasn't really that involved or hopeful of the series. He literally said that even though he has given them notes, he doesn't even know if they'll be reflected on the product. On the other hand, Oda has shown to be very much involved, even in the casting.

I wouldn't worry so much about Nami tho as she doesn't look a day older than 19, lol. Cho's age showed. But I liked his performance in the one episode I saw.

Zoro santoryu to me seems like one of the unrealistic things that is most easy to do, just use it for finish moves, he dont need to use it mostly of the time.

The things i see as most difficult are the character designs of some strange character, like Pearl, Alvida, Kuro and some other and the body language and movements of Luffy & Buggy, not just because of the DF powers, but also because the two are very "gag character".

Arlong and the fishman shoud be quite easy if we see aliens in those super heros movies, they shoud give more budget to Arlong and Hachi, but the other dont need that much.

S

stealthblack

The only huge budget tv series that work tend to be either the marvel movies based ones that already Have huge fandom from the movies and good quality control. Witcher is mediocre but has Henry cavil aka last superman in the last decade as lead, one piece has some dude none ever saw before. Amazon has wheel of time and the boys and Apple got foundation. But even those Have some good known actorw and good quality

Isnt there also a My Hero Academia live action movie in the works? Considering the fact that the manga is heavily inspired by American comics,i think that one could work.
Post automatically merged:

Will the LA Sanji be "luckier" with LA Nami than Manga Sanji? :wellwell:

S

stealthblack

Isnt there also a My Hero Academia live action movie in the works? Considering the fact that the manga is heavily inspired by American comics,i think that one could work.
Post automatically merged:

Will the LA Sanji be "luckier" with LA Nami than Manga Sanji? :wellwell:

Gonna be funny If they start dating during the show Like tom holand and zenaya, but sanji will be with pudding

The only huge budget tv series that work tend to be either the marvel movies based ones that already Have huge fandom from the movies and good quality control. Witcher is mediocre but has Henry cavil aka last superman in the last decade as lead, one piece has some dude none ever saw before. Amazon has wheel of time and the boys and Apple got foundation. But even those Have some good known actorw and good quality
Hopefully One Piece will get close budge wise

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony

Them making ships for the show and even one for someone like Alvida is insane but I hope this doesn't prove to be a large fucking burden on the budget. It'd be smart to modify this one into others because it doesn't appear again I think, at least for a long time.
At least for now, they only have to worry about East Blue, where the most "expressive" ship at that point was the Going Merry, and that's fairly easy to adapt into live action, imo.