Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We expect the OPLA to release during the 2nd half of the year.

February is too early for a trailer and would be out of nowhere. Netflix will surely use TUDUM/Geeked Week to release a trailer, and those are months away still.
TUDUM is in Nov/Dec

wouldnt make sense unless January/Feb 2024 release

Teaser trailer Feb 2nd
Main trailer May-June (Geeked week is late may)
Release August~

I think it will be. It‘s such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this up.
Oh, you sweet summer child.
Star Wars is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
Cowboy Bebop is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
The Witcher is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
Any Disney Remake Ever is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
The pressure is only more, and at the same time less. The creators will crack under producer pressures, whilst believing that the brand already having such a massive following will make their investment back no matter the quality

TUDUM is in Nov/Dec

wouldnt make sense unless January/Feb 2024 release

Teaser trailer Feb 2nd
Main trailer May-June (Geeked week is late may)
Release August~
Isn't TUDUM September? It was last year at least.

And they usually release series 1 month after the trailer...

Anyway, I still think it's too early for a Teaser Trailer. I think the main Trailer will come out on Geeked Week (late May - early June) and the release in July, close to One Piece Day.

Oh, you sweet summer child.
Star Wars is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
Cowboy Bebop is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
The Witcher is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
Any Disney Remake Ever is such a popular franchise they can‘t screw this
The pressure is only more, and at the same time less. The creators will crack under producer pressures, whilst believing that the brand already having such a massive following will make their investment back no matter the quality
Let‘s wait and see. Judging by the cast it already looks good. Let‘s not downplay sth before its release.

Isn't TUDUM September? It was last year at least.

And they usually release series 1 month after the trailer...

Anyway, I still think it's too early for a Teaser Trailer. I think the main Trailer will come out in June and the release in July, close to One Piece Day.
oh idk why i misremembered, you are right
Post automatically merged:

Let‘s wait and see. Judging by the cast it already looks good. Let‘s not downplay sth before its release.
you realize that most those series had well known actors who are highly respected beyond those abominations

Yeah, the least we could do is reserve our bashing of the LA until the trailer drops

Personally, I'm aware the visual gags cannot be conveyed in LA. What I do hope they do is convey tge feel of adventure and amazement, in whatever way they can

The casting is hardly ever the problem.
It's either halfassing the production budget or the writing material.
Or it's thinking that this is your moment to write something different from the original story that you're meant to adapt.
I think they have a good budget. No proof but I believe that at least higher than Avatar (120M).

They had a long, long time to do Production so that can't be it...

It could very well be the writing material, hell it most likely will be.
I'm most worried about the acting though, Luffy's specially.

Yeah, the least we could do is reserve our bashing of the LA until the trailer drops

Personally, I'm aware the visual gags cannot be conveyed in LA. What I do hope they do is convey tge feel of adventure and amazement, in whatever way they can
Yes. People gotta stop being negative. If the trailer‘s a flop, then yeah, they can bash for all I care. But I‘ve seen some LAs which were great (like Mob Psycho and the Japanese non Netflix Death Note movies), so they‘re not bad by default.

My sources are saying they are rewriting alot of the original story and using alot of old ideas from Oda.
Like the way Luffy and Zoro meet is different, Zoro is part of Buggy's crew when they meet.
And some things from the Romance Dawn story are also used.