Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I finished the Live Action earlier and I gotta say, despite liking the series as a whole, the last two episodes were pretty unimpressive for me. The acting was fine, the effects were good, but the direction and cinematography weren't doing it for me. I also think not ending on Chapter #100 was a mistake too. I get the budget was big, 14.5m per episode. But Smoker really wraps up the East Blue.

Overall, I think I'd give this a 6.5/10. Which for me, a 5 is perfectly decent or average. I'd say this was above average. The acting was tough at times, particularly in dramatic scenes. But Sanji / Nami's actor and actress killed the show? Zoro's was fun and fine, I think the issue with Zoro is they dumbed down his original personality to make him more in line with New World Zoro. Which is a shame, because goofy Zoro is the best Zoro.

Buggy was amazing. The actor for Kuro didn't look the best, but I absolutely loved his performance. Best villain of the show.

Mihawk, Garp, Zeff, Helmeppo and even Koby's actor all were very impressive as well. I seriously hope we see more of Garp, Helmeppo and Koby in future seasons as a B or even C plot. It'd be awesome to sneak in other Supernova going against these rising star marines.

I'm very optimistic about season 2, which will presumably be solely focused on Baroque Works. Now that the main cast is established and the next season will focus on one overarching plot line, we'll see the show drastically improve.

I don't know if I'd recommend this to someone who hasn't read/watched One Piece? A lot of the fun of the show was how they slightly changed the plot and adapted the material in faithful but unique ways.

I also wouldn't recommend this to someone who isn't an anime fan.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I finished the Live Action earlier and I gotta say, despite liking the series as a whole, the last two episodes were pretty unimpressive for me. The acting was fine, the effects were good, but the direction and cinematography weren't doing it for me. I also think not ending on Chapter #100 was a mistake too. I get the budget was big, 14.5m per episode. But Smoker really wraps up the East Blue.

Overall, I think I'd give this a 6.5/10. Which for me, a 5 is perfectly decent or average. I'd say this was above average. The acting was tough at times, particularly in dramatic scenes. But Sanji / Nami's actor and actress killed the show? Zoro's was fun and fine, I think the issue with Zoro is they dumbed down his original personality to make him more in line with New World Zoro. Which is a shame, because goofy Zoro is the best Zoro.

Buggy was amazing. The actor for Kuro didn't look the best, but I absolutely loved his performance. Best villain of the show.

Mihawk, Garp, Zeff, Helmeppo and even Koby's actor all were very impressive as well. I seriously hope we see more of Garp, Helmeppo and Koby in future seasons as a B or even C plot. It'd be awesome to sneak in other Supernova going against these rising star marines.

I'm very optimistic about season 2, which will presumably be solely focused on Baroque Works. Now that the main cast is established and the next season will focus on one overarching plot line, we'll see the show drastically improve.

I don't know if I'd recommend this to someone who hasn't read/watched One Piece? A lot of the fun of the show was how they slightly changed the plot and adapted the material in faithful but unique ways.

I also wouldn't recommend this to someone who isn't an anime fan.
Disagree. Starting in loguetown (serves as a Roger recap) with dragon and Smoker will be a fire start.

Imo the ussop episodes were the weakest. But even then kuro himself was great.

Season 2 the story is better
The characters are better
We get 3 logias which look better
Only way is up.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Disagree. Starting in loguetown (serves as a Roger recap) with dragon and Smoker will be a fire start.

Imo the ussop episodes were the weakest. But even then kuro himself was great.

Season 2 the story is better
The characters are better
We get 3 logias which look better
Only way is up.
I feel like there's a better sense of mystery & adventure, narrowly avoiding death and heading for Reverse Mountain than heading to Logue Town. It puts a nice bow on top of Season 1 / The East Blue

I actually like those episodes the most. Besides Usopp's actor being a little bad at selling dramatic, he's insanely charismatic and the Nyan Brothers were pretty entertaining henchmen. Kuro's also so god damn hammy, I love it.

S2 makes me wonder what they'll do with fan favorite characters. You gotta follow the story, but at the same time TV is different to manga. You can't have Shanks/Mihawk disappear for two or three seasons.

HA001

I feel like there's a better sense of mystery & adventure, narrowly avoiding death and heading for Reverse Mountain than heading to Logue Town. It puts a nice bow on top of Season 1 / The East Blue

I actually like those episodes the most. Besides Usopp's actor being a little bad at selling dramatic, he's insanely charismatic and the Nyan Brothers were pretty entertaining henchmen. Kuro's also so god damn hammy, I love it.

S2 makes me wonder what they'll do with fan favorite characters. You gotta follow the story, but at the same time TV is different to manga. You can't have Shanks/Mihawk disappear for two or three seasons.
3 characters next season need to hit with the casting and shanks and mihawk don't need to be seen.

Smoker (who will be the garp chasing them all the way to alabasta)

Ace HAS TO MAKE A BIG IMPRESSION

And Crocodile STILL ARGUABLY THE BEST VILLIAN in the story.

Ussop didn't do anything in his arc. Weakest part for me bar kuro who was fantastic.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
3 characters next season need to hit with the casting and shanks and mihawk don't need to be seen.

Smoker (who will be the garp chasing them all the way to alabasta)

Ace HAS TO MAKE A BIG IMPRESSION

And Crocodile STILL ARGUABLY THE BEST VILLIAN in the story.

Ussop didn't do anything in his arc. Weakest part for me bar kuro who was fantastic.
Yeah, but TV is different. If I don't see Mike from Breaking Bad in a season, I'm going to get pretty pissed.

Smoker and Tashigi probably will, but it's a shame to not have these great characters around. Tbh, I'm all for good story adjustments to keep them in.

Crocodile gotta be killer. I don't know how you even cast that, you need an old school bond villain actor who can come in and play all this shit almost perfectly straight with a little bit of a goofy edge to it. Otherwise he'll be Arlong 2.0 (a pretty lackluster villain for the LA)

True, but then again, that's par for the course for Usopp.

G

Gorosei Informer

Finally finished the series and I really loved it. Considering I absolutely hate live action adaptations usually and had extremely high expectations and skepticisms for this for various reasons, I'm genuinely impressed, blown away even beyond words!

Very rarely do I feel so good after finishing a seriess, usually I feel depressed because I was so immersed in it and it's over, especially if it's a complee story w ith no future seasons too or if the story in general or the latest season was terrible/ruined but this genuinely just made me feel really good in the most unexpected ways!

Sanjis fighting was so fucking good to witness and I loved how the fishmen looked, their actors did a spectacular job imo, it was an almost perfect transition to live action (for me it was perfect but I know plenty will diaagree) and Inaki has done a most wonderful job as Luffy, especially in the dramatic and generally serious scenes for the Baratie and Arlong Park arcs.

I'm pissed that LogueTown was cut and Dragon's actor was snubbed that fucking hard, as well as Smoker and other characters then too ultimately, but hopefully they're just saving it for Season 2 and kicking it off with a BANG due to that too?

I really like the cast now especially, even ones I was flaky on like Emily as Nami and Garp's actor, have really grown on me and ZEFF WAS BRILLIANT, OH MY GOD! I LOVE LIVE ACTION ZEFF SO MUCH! Arlong was phenomenal too, I really liked Chu, Kuroobi and Jacob was excellent as Usopp too! Luffy gassing up Usopp to the villages and playing along was so great too!

Nojikos actress did a great job along with Belle-meres too. Genzo looked and sounded great as well.

Luffy vs Arlong was fucking brilliant, magnificient and I genuinely went full fanboy when he used Gomu Gomu no Axe and recreated that ICONIC scene of destroying Arlong;s tower! I canot believe how well produced this actually was and it was FAR better than I ever imagined and could expect!

The music was phenomenal as always, I LOVED that Aurora song, tis so perfect for Nami too and Aurora is a absolutely terrific, exceptional singer so I'm immensely glad to see her be part and contribute so beautifully to this series too!

I have extremely high hopes for Season 2 now, I'm so glad its confirmed and I'm really grateful to Oda, Netflix and everyone else involved for making this happen, even though its been butchering the hell out of the pacing of the manga and arguably the story and art too. Oda can't be everywhere at once and juggle all these immense projects and maintain the same standards as if he were working on them alone ofc, especially on his own personal life's work, the manga itself.

But this live action could have been so much worse and there was very high chances for it to be but it wasnt thankfully and Odas massive involvement and extremely meticulous expecations, decisions, management etc of it really shows as well as his passion and creativity ofc.

Reliving the beginnings of OP and thus going through some of Odas best writing, the beginnings of a series we all love or used to love at least, being reminded why we started reading and watching it, reliving those experiences, especially for those of us who have followed this series for decades or years at least is PRICELESS!

Inaki was absolutely perfect as Luffy and had some FANTASTIC lines and delivery of them too, as well as his acting in general, like Sharukh Khan who is INFAMOUS for acting with his eyes especially, Inaki gave me those exact same vibes at Arlong Park especially during the Nami Help Me scene (which was also handled very well thankfully too) and Zoro and Sanjis banter, as well as the toned down, more reserved but respectful Sanji were great too, Sanji was much better here than he was in the manga, especially compared to post TS too.

Mihawks, Shanks and other actors did a brilliant job as well, could not be happier as a massive fan of those 2 especially too, Krieg was great, Gin was decent as extremely brief and ultimately irrelevant as his role was sadly but he at least he didnt cut out entirely like Hachi sigh lol. Krieg was wasted too but his actor made the most of it imo.

I'm so glad I lived to see this personally. This is the most positive I've felt about One Piece in so many years now. It's made me love it again. I really cannot fault it for that.

I am SO desperate to see many more iconic characters appear now, from pirates especially Warlords and Yonkos, to Admirals and Marines, Enel, Hiriluk, Franky, Chopper, Robin, Brook etc.

Sure, make a protagonist look bad but be sure to make the antagonist look good. This forum sometimes.. :lawsigh:
Chopper is litteraly Raindeer who ate Human-Human fruit. So he should look more like human then zoan by logic(for example Lucci looking more like cat then human. SO if chopper will be more humanish - it would make much more sence, to keep budget and use him more often in scenes, instead of using him as some decorations.
Post automatically merged:

Sure, make a protagonist look bad but be sure to make the antagonist look good. This forum sometimes.. :lawsigh:
Yup, perfect chopper is there

HA001

If anyone ever even tried to lie and say they didn't smash this. Just came across this.

4 grown ass men who have never seen anything to do with one piece
Going through the same reactions we all did as kids during this part. (Nami actor killed it)
Testament to odas story and the live actions delivery of it
And I noticed in the review at the end one of them going off on how well the writing is done that he really hates the fishmen.
We all know the 180 that comes in sabaody or Fisher tigers flashback.
We all had our worries about this shit but they smashed it.

The Actors strike is over! This means: let the casting for season 2 begin! :steef: Also,now the members of the cast can do interviews about the series,i bet we'll see some of them in the next days. Altough its not promotional time anymore,i guess people can be interested in hearing them talk about the series,so we'll see something.
Meanwhile,the actress Adelaide Kane,in a Halloween party where there was also Emily Rudd,wore a Nico Robin cosplay

I like her,but for Robin i would prefer a better actress. But i guess its just a cosplay and not an hint.
Also,people said,when looking at this pic with Inaki Godoy,Xolo Mariduena and Jacob Betrand: Wouldnt they be the perfect Luffy,Ace and Sabo?
http://instagr.am/p/CzIP4C3s56Z/