None of this is written by Oda. None of this is canon
So people consider the magazine canon when it says things like King is a Swordsman and Kaido has a mythical zoan, But when it says katakuri was stronger than luffy and luffys not proud that his strength was not enough to beat the guy, its not? u cant pick and choose what you want to be canon from these sources. Its either all canon or not.

So people consider the magazine canon when it says things like King is a Swordsman and Kaido has a mythical zoan, But when it says katakuri was stronger than luffy and luffys not proud that his strength was not enough to beat the guy, its not? u cant pick and choose what you want to be canon from these sources. Its either all canon or not.
except thats not what it said
Post automatically merged:

katakuri win isnt any more different than how luffy beat doflamingo
how luffy beat cracker
or how luffy beat enel
there was always questionable factors involved
what the story made clear was at the point he went down, they were at least equal. the sooner folks accept that the better for you lot.
its nor hard. its written right there in the story.

D

Deleted member 83

From Library of Ohara
Similarly, the Fight Analysis article was also not written by Oda and is purely written from a fan's perspective. So don't take any of this as something Oda said, this is just a fan's analysis.

Please keep in mind this is extracted from a "Fight Analysis" article within the One Piece Magazine. While the whole Magazine is officially approved by Shueisha, articles like these are written by writers who are knowledgeable about One Piece, not Odahttps://t.co/kvbWKKQwW3
— Artur - Library of Ohara (@newworldartur) September 18, 2020
Canon or not aside, the point you want to emphasize is a mistranslation

The guy who "translated" this on twitter. It's sad that people are putting this garbage out

Can you read?

When you get the name of Fuji's DF or Sengoku having CoC -> That's clearly straight from Oda.

These analyses -> Fan/3rd party made

except thats not what it said
Post automatically merged:

katakuri win isnt any more different than how luffy beat doflamingo
how luffy beat cracker
or how luffy beat enel
there was always questionable factors involved
what the story made clear was at the point he went down, they were at least equal. the sooner folks accept that the better for you lot.
its nor hard. its written right there in the story.
How the Cracker and Doffy fights went down is even more reason why its hard to believe Luffy was even equal to Katakuri. Even in the end Kat was still getting the better of luffy. They werent equals.

Are you talking to me specifically? Have you seen Me specifically ever say the magazines are canon when it isn't direct word from Oda?

Oda does add things in the magazine. Like the devil fruit designs are obviously by Oda himself so they are canon. But the magazine isn't made by Oda. About 3-5% of the shit in it is directly from oda so the rest isn't canon.

The one time I have quoted the magazine as canon is when the quote was directly from oda. When Oda said he refused to draw a reader request because the reader wanted him draw Zoro messing up a sword technique. Oda said "Don't disrespect Zoro"

That is a direct comment from Oda and that's how you know it's canon. Or you can use the manga itself. Like how the manga clearly has King as a swordsman. That's how you tell what's canon

D

Deleted member 83

Like the devil fruit designs are obviously by Oda himself so they are canon.
not drawn by Oda though
When Oda said he refused to draw a reader request because the reader wanted him draw Zoro messing up a sword technique. Oda said "Don't disrespect Zoro"
almost completely off, the request was "Rayleigh laughing at Zoro who's in a tough situation as the user of the rubber fruit", and Oda said something along the lines of "but my actual drawing become something different from the request, Zoro was using the ability smoothly and no one is able to laugh at him, I think it's fine this way!!"

not drawn by Oda though

almost completely off, the request was "Rayleigh laughing at Zoro who's in a tough situation as the user of the rubber fruit", and Oda said something along the lines of "but my actual drawing become something different from the request, Zoro was using the ability smoothly and no one is able to laugh at him, I think it's fine this way!!"
Okay. My point stands. Only the things by oda and stated being from oda are canon